Author Topic: Political Ads and Commercials  (Read 9863 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Political Ads and Commercials
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 08:05:17 pm »
No. Haven't noticed any political adds lately, here in Oz.
But there HAS been more than enough hype about it in the news to allow time to go get a cuppa.
Very few people I know here really care who the next US President will be. At least, not since the financial meltdown.
I wonder if, when China takes over as the leading economy in a few years time, we will have to listen to their politics on the news?  :-\

Probably.  That's how the world works.

injest

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 08:48:43 pm »
oh please....China can't touch our celebs...we will be in the news for a WHILE...

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 09:03:40 pm »
I picked I'm not sure because I don't do TV or radio...Here in Jacksonville, FL I have driven past a couple of places where early voting is occurring and McCain signs outnumber Obama signs, perhaps 6 to 1.  I haven't noticed much of a difference in bumper stickers - the count seems to be tied - in my very not scientific analysis.

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 03:48:23 am »
oh please....China can't touch our celebs...we will be in the news for a WHILE...

Some respected analysts would agree with that.

A while. ...... Not much longer than that.  :-\

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 08:23:49 am »
I like how some other nations (Israel comes to mind, but it can't be the only one) have a moratorium on political advertisements for some period of time before the election.

It seems to me that it would tone down some of the rhetoric and last minute desperation (like the Elizabeth Dole thing) and give people time to breathe and reflect before making their decision.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 02:25:37 am »
I like how some other nations (Israel comes to mind, but it can't be the only one) have a moratorium on political advertisements for some period of time before the election.

It seems to me that it would tone down some of the rhetoric and last minute desperation (like the Elizabeth Dole thing) and give people time to breathe and reflect before making their decision.

That's how it is in Australia, and exactly for that reason.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 10:26:43 pm »
The GOP has released some new commercials during the past 24 hours including another Reverend Wright "God Damn America" ad which they are playing over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm so sick of this bullshit.

Are these commercials being played in other states too, or are only the folks in Indiana being made to suffer it?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 10:28:04 pm »
The GOP has released some new commercials during the past 24 hours including another Reverend Wright "God Damn America" ad which they are playing over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm so sick of this bullshit.

Are these commercials being played in other states too, or are only the folks in Indiana being made to suffer it?

that is what you get for being such 'swinging' people up there in Indiana!! I havent seen a single ad tonight!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 10:31:28 pm »
that is what you get for being such 'swinging' people up there in Indiana!! I havent seen a single ad tonight!

They are about to drive me crazy out of my mind. They are playing on every single channel! It's been like this for weeks, but they've doubled or tripled within the past few days. I'm sick of that Reverend Wright ad. >:(

I guess this is the "grand finale" huh? Hopefully it will all be over with tomorrow and we can begin working to get our sanity back again. :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 11:12:38 pm »
They are about to drive me crazy out of my mind. They are playing on every single channel! It's been like this for weeks, but they've doubled or tripled within the past few days. I'm sick of that Reverend Wright ad. >:(

I guess this is the "grand finale" huh? Hopefully it will all be over with tomorrow and we can begin working to get our sanity back again. :P

Illinois is a blue state and they've just run that Reverend Wright ad twice in the last half hour. ::)

Welcome back to the puppies. ;D