Our BetterMost Community > BetterMost People

What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?

(1/198) > >>

Lumière:
Inspired by Lee's thread, "What're you wearing today.." ..

What are you having for breakfast, lunch or supper ...?
Anything exciting, boring, experimental, inspiring,..?

Seeing as it is getting to supper time over here..
I'm having turkey burgers with bacon (well, one burger I hope).  Perhaps with a spinach salad on the side.

A glass of wine is definitely in order as well (Wyndham Estate Bin 555 Shiraz, Australian - my absolute favorite).

So, what's for supper?  :)

Katie77:
Well, glad to see our Aussie wine is being enjoyed, Milli.

We used to live in "wine country"....Mudgee NSW...and the area had about 12 wineries. We dont drink it much, but it was a nice day out, when we had visitors to go visit them and taste the samples.

Now....back to the question......

Well, lately we are on an avocado thing. They are in plentiful supply here at the moment, can purchase 3 for $2.
Our favourite lunch is to toast some bread, and have avocado and ham toasted sandwiches.

Last night i had Chicken Kiev, with salad......the Chicken Kiev pieces were bought all ready filled with garlic, the only thing is, when I cooked them, most of the garlic ran out in the pan, so there wasnt much left in them to eat. I will have to work out a better way to cook them....

As the weather is hot here now, salads are our main side dish....tomatoes, lettuce, beetroot, cheese, avocado, capsicum and cucumber.

Now Ive made myself hungry...... ::) ::)

Kerry:
For dinner this evening I had Bavarian goulash served with penne and a side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing, accompanied by a glass (or two) of Wolf Blass 2007 Eaglehawk Australian Merlot, my favourite red wine. For dessert, I made a fresh fruit salad.

Penthesilea:

--- Quote from: Kerry on October 18, 2008, 08:19:32 am ---For dinner this evening I had Bavarian goulash served with penne and a side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing, accompanied by a glass (or two) of Wolf Blass 2007 Eaglehawk Australian Merlot, my favourite red wine. For dessert, I made a fresh fruit salad.

--- End quote ---

The time difference never ceases to amuse me. I didn't even have lunch today, the US Brokies are around breakfast time (give or take) - and you already had dinner :).

But the German in me wants to know what Aussies think of when they say Bavarian goulash. The term is unheard of in Germany.

Penthesilea:
Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and therefore she had the choice of what to eat. As ususal, she wanted to have Chinese take-away food.
We had duck and chicken with various sauces (sweet-and-sour, coconut milk and peanut), vegetables and of course rice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version