Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1002633 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #790 on: July 27, 2015, 05:00:20 pm »
lunch today was pulled pork, corn on the cob and brwn rice.   Dinner is penne ala vodka with chicken.

Oh so that's what they call it now! Did you use a chicken leg as a swizzle stick?  ;)

On the subject of rice, my favorite is Basmati. Unlike other rice, it does have a wonderful subtle flavor. Technically, I think it's considered to be a white rice though. I can't eat much brown rice at all, only a few bites. Any more gives me stomach cramps. I don't know why. I don't eat much rice, either white or brown. It was a favorite of my ex's. I tend to prefer noodles of all kinds. Right now I like rice noodles, cold, in a wrap with greens and veggies, flavored with sweet chili sauce. Come to think of it, rice noodles ARE rice, just in a different form!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #791 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:33 am »
Oh so that's what they call it now! Did you use a chicken leg as a swizzle stick?  ;)

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #792 on: August 12, 2015, 02:13:56 pm »
Lunch today was the company summer party/picnic. Among other things, I had a hotdog and a hamburger--but I didn't eat them on bread. Just cut them up and ate them with a knife and fork. Saved a lot of bad, unnecessary carbs, I hope.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #793 on: August 12, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »
sounds good, Jeff.

I slept through breakfast.  Lunch was a corndog, and dinner, not sure yet.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #794 on: August 12, 2015, 07:54:35 pm »
Lunch today was the company summer party/picnic. Among other things, I had a hotdog and a hamburger--but I didn't eat them on bread. Just cut them up and ate them with a knife and fork. Saved a lot of bad, unnecessary carbs, I hope.

And the tall young fellow who was dishing out the ice cream for dessert was pretty easy on the eyes, too.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #795 on: August 13, 2015, 11:30:02 am »
And the tall young fellow who was dishing out the ice cream for dessert was pretty easy on the eyes, too.  :D

that's always a bonus.  And when he asked you 'cup or cone',  did you resist temptation to answer with, 'your chest'?  ;) :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #796 on: August 13, 2015, 01:33:25 pm »

that's always a bonus.  And when he asked you 'cup or cone',  did you resist temptation to answer with, 'your chest'?  ;) :laugh:

No cones, no asking. It came only in a cup because we had all sorts of stuff for making sundaes, plus a half-dozen different kinds of cookies to go with the sundaes.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #797 on: August 14, 2015, 10:38:58 am »
Yay! Now that it's Rocky Ford cantaloupe season, I get to have a slice of melon with my breakfast! I'm pretty happy with my breakfast routine lately. I found a neighbor who has chickens so I get to have a yummy orange yolked egg for breakfast too, along with a hand-sliced piece of toast and decaf coffee with whole milk.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #798 on: August 14, 2015, 11:46:31 am »
Yay! Now that it's Rocky Ford cantaloupe season, I get to have a slice of melon with my breakfast! I'm pretty happy with my breakfast routine lately. I found a neighbor who has chickens so I get to have a yummy orange yolked egg for breakfast too, along with a hand-sliced piece of toast and decaf coffee with whole milk.

I don't know where Rocky Ford is, but I sure hope they don't get their irrigation water from the Animas River.  :(

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #799 on: August 14, 2015, 12:44:17 pm »
No cones, no asking. It came only in a cup because we had all sorts of stuff for making sundaes, plus a half-dozen different kinds of cookies to go with the sundaes.

so you had sundae candy and eye candy.  :)