Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1002497 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2008, 04:50:45 pm »
I am rarely hungry at breakfast time. Plus, I am now running on Eastern time while physically located in Mountain time. So, my stomach is confused and just gave up. So this week I have been adding a little cream to my decaf and calling that breakfast. But my husband sometimes makes me a breakfast sandwich. Yesterday I ate it for lunch. Today, I ate yesterday's lunch for lunch...eggplant, some roasted chicken, and rice. Now I have a breakfast and a lunch in the fridge. By week end, I often collect four or five meals in the fridge at work. I might be able to get my perpetually starving friend Adam to eat some of them. If not, the disposal or the dog will.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2008, 05:01:54 pm »
I am rarely hungry at breakfast time. Plus, I am now running on Eastern time while physically located in Mountain time. So, my stomach is confused and just gave up. So this week I have been adding a little cream to my decaf and calling that breakfast. But my husband sometimes makes me a breakfast sandwich. Yesterday I ate it for lunch. Today, I ate yesterday's lunch for lunch...eggplant, some roasted chicken, and rice. Now I have a breakfast and a lunch in the fridge. By week end, I often collect four or five meals in the fridge at work. I might be able to get my perpetually starving friend Adam to eat some of them. If not, the disposal or the dog will.

You should. He needs a little more meat on those bones of his, so he doesn't get blown off some mountain. Lean as a clothes pole, that fella. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2008, 05:03:30 pm »
I enjoy it in veggie stir-frys myself.

Yep, it's great in stir-frys.  Whenever anyone mentions baby corn, I always think of Tom Hanks in "Big" :   :laugh:

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2008, 05:21:28 pm »
Breakfast was two fried eggs, over medium, and an English muffin.

Lunch was 10 "medium" chicken wings and curly fries at Boca Wings and Ribs (I know, I know, but I felt like being bad today).

Dinner will most likely be the left-over baked Ziti I made last night.
No more beans!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2008, 05:24:15 pm »

For breakfast:  cottage cheese w/peaches

Dinner:  will be pork roast with stewed vegetables......

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2008, 05:32:54 pm »
Dinner will most likely be the left-over baked Ziti I made last night.

Yum! Often that pasta stuff is even better the second time around!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2008, 09:01:48 pm »

you need to make yourself eat something though, Lee, not eating breakfast makes you more susceptable to diseases like diabetes..

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2008, 11:38:39 pm »
yes ma'am, although I suspect obesity makes you more susceptible to diabetes than not eating breakfast! So, I will try to eat a good breakfast even though I may eat it at 11 a.m.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2008, 12:07:09 am »
yes ma'am, although I suspect obesity makes you more susceptible to diabetes than not eating breakfast! So, I will try to eat a good breakfast even though I may eat it at 11 a.m.

part of the reasoning behind it is that you wind up eating more later in the day which leads to obesity. (not a worry for you as active as you are being lately though!  ;) )

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2008, 01:09:02 pm »
Mornin' all.

Brekkie is a cup of coffee today.
I ate a hasty supper pretty late last night (after a big glass of wine)..  result: unsettled tummy this morning.

Lunch will be a sandwich of some sort..