Author Topic: Suggestion: Make a donation, if you can  (Read 6819 times)

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
Suggestion: Make a donation, if you can
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:28:30 am »
Hi guys,

It's so generous and thoughtful of Phillip to allow us this space for a new home.  It seems like we're all pretty happy and adapting quite nicely so far, and it hasn't even been 24 hours!

I just noticed the PayPal link on the right side of this site and made a donation as a small thank you.  I know a lot of people here are students, and money is tight for everybody, but if you can I just wanted to point out that in addition our words and respect, there is a way for us to thank Phillip that's a little more tangible and can help guarantee we have a safe place to call home.

A little help from a lot of people adds up and can go a long way!  So glad you're all here.

Ann Marie
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Suggestion: Make a donation, if you can
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:40:32 am »
Great idea, Ann Marie.

And maybe for the starving students, those of us who can afford it can pay it forward and donate a bit more? I'm thinking the price of two movie tickets instead of one.

Update: I just did my part: $20 to Phil, two movie tickets plus some popcorn and a coke. Which starving student wants to go with me to the movie? I'm thinking Courtney :-)

Leslie
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:56:35 pm by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 02:20:51 pm »
I'd love to, Leslie!  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 02:24:45 pm »
Okay, friend--scoot on over to the thread with the pictures and you'll see the car I'm picking you up in.  :)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 02:29:32 pm »
I just saw it - I'll be watching for you!

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 02:33:46 pm »
Note from Phil: My apologies that I had to remove the contents of this particular message.  Google, which provides the ads you see on the sidebar of the forum, has a very strict policy about the promotion of certain activities related to the advertising.  Publishers like myself are required by the contract to ensure that inflation of advertiser costs (by inflating the number of clicks) do not occur. I think most of you can read between the lines on what this means.  In dealing with this matter, I have to choose my words extremely carefully.  I hate having to edit other people's messages, but this is a very sensitive area.  Thanks for your understanding!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 01:35:24 am by Phillip »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 09:38:44 pm »
I made mine-let's really support this site to make sure we always have a home.

Ruby

Heathen

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:10:26 pm »
Here's the link

*going to contribute*
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 12:04:59 am »
I'm making this a "sticky" thread, meaning it'll stay at the top.  I don't want to make Phillip uncomfortable, as he's asked for nothing from us, but this is an amazing space, and he's done so much to welcome us.

I know I want to support it, and I'm sure lots of others are thinking the same.  So - check out the banner on the right side of the screen - PayPal link for donations, etc.(they help keep this place going).

Thanks Phillip, and thanks Anne Marie for getting this thread going.

[I had to make a minor edit to this message to remain in compliance with the terms of my contract with Google advertising.  Thanks for understanding. - Phillip]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 01:55:28 am by Phillip »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 12:30:12 am »
Good thinking, Celeste, thank you for pointing this thread out. I was more than happy to contribute.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."