Author Topic: The Polling Place Haunted House  (Read 53578 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The Polling Place Haunted House
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2008, 11:04:30 am »
David! That was so fun! Thankyou!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2008, 11:07:42 am »
David! That was so fun! Thankyou!!!

KELDA!! if I had known you were fixing to go thru it, I woulda waited for you..then you could have gone thru with me and David! (then maybe David woulda shoved YOU at that creepy guy under the stairs instead of me!)

*glares at David*

that WASN'T very chivalrous of you!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2008, 11:09:49 am »
KELDA!! if I had known you were fixing to go thru it, I woulda waited for you..then you could have gone thru with me and David! (then maybe David woulda shoved YOU at that creepy guy under the stairs instead of me!)

*glares at David*

that WASN'T very chivalrous of you!

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »

David!!!  This haunted house is just soooooooooooooo awesome!!  Thanks so much for going through the effort of putting it together!  What a fantastic BetterMost Halloween activity!!  And, I can just imagine it becoming a tradition too... we can bring it out next year and years after.

And, I love the concept of the "cuteness interlude"!!  :laugh:  I'm such a wimp when it comes to real-life haunted houses.  The last time I attempted to go through one, I was 13 and went with my Dad and my best friend.  I swear I almost peed in my pants.  And, I've never even thought about going through another one since them. 

Halloween is an exercise in contradictions for me.  I **love** the concepts of haunted houses, ghosts and ghost stories, etc., but I get so easily spooked by them that I can hardly tolerate them in real life.  It's ridiculous situation for me.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2008, 03:42:24 pm »
Cool haunted house, David!  Nicely done!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2008, 03:48:07 pm »
I'm glad you liked the haunted house, Kelda, Jess and Amanda! :D

David!!!  This haunted house is just soooooooooooooo awesome!!  Thanks so much for going through the effort of putting it together!  What a fantastic BetterMost Halloween activity!!  And, I can just imagine it becoming a tradition too... we can bring it out next year and years after.

And, I love the concept of the "cuteness interlude"!!  :laugh:  I'm such a wimp when it comes to real-life haunted houses.  The last time I attempted to go through one, I was 13 and went with my Dad and my best friend.  I swear I almost peed in my pants.  And, I've never even thought about going through another one since them. 

Halloween is an exercise in contradictions for me.  I **love** the concepts of haunted houses, ghosts and ghost stories, etc., but I get so easily spooked by them that I can hardly tolerate them in real life.  It's ridiculous situation for me.

Amanda, I had NO IDEA this was you until I checked your profile and saw the word Pennsylvania. Super good costume! :)

I sometimes have a difficult time going into those haunted houses too. It depends on who I go with. Some of my friends like to play pranks on me when we go in them. I remember one time in particular, several years ago, when my friends all took off and left me stuck in some crazy looking room with a vampire! The room had strobe lights flashing, and the ceiling, walls and floor were covered in black and white checker type squares. The vampire was also dressed in black and white and he was extremely spooky looking. I couldn't find the way out and my friends were loooooooong gone. I don't know how long I was trapped in there, but I finally had to ask for the emergency exit because it got to the point where I was terrified. Once outside I almost got sick because I was so scared. That happened at the old State Mental Hospital which is no longer a hospital anymore and they have a haunted house in there each year. I will never EVER go back to that haunted house again. >:(

For some reason the workers in those haunted houses target me nearly every time I visit one of them. I don't know why that is. Most of the time they are very nice though, they just gently pick on me and tease me.... MOST of the time! :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2008, 03:49:18 pm »
Cool haunted house, David!  Nicely done!

Thanks for taking a look at it Chuck! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2008, 03:50:21 pm »
One pic made me laugh out loud!

It was a zombie one, a bunch of zombies with a city in the background.

Whoever made it put a little zombie cat in the front.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2008, 03:58:52 pm »
Fun, David!!!

I had to work last night, so no Halloween fun for me, darnit.  :-\

Until today--then, I got to tour your haunted house.  ;D

The Haunted Mansion at Disney World--that was fun. I don't think I'd like to go through one that had real people who try to jump out and scare you.

There is one not far from here that they put on at an abandoned air base. It sounds pretty scary. Maybe I'll go to that one someday if I get up the nerve.  :o

Thanks for the great haunted house tour, David!!!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2008, 07:46:22 pm »
I'm glad you liked the haunted house, Kelda, Jess and Amanda! :D

Amanda, I had NO IDEA this was you until I checked your profile and saw the word Pennsylvania. Super good costume! :)

I sometimes have a difficult time going into those haunted houses too. It depends on who I go with. Some of my friends like to play pranks on me when we go in them. I remember one time in particular, several years ago, when my friends all took off and left me stuck in some crazy looking room with a vampire! The room had strobe lights flashing, and the ceiling, walls and floor were covered in black and white checker type squares. The vampire was also dressed in black and white and he was extremely spooky looking. I couldn't find the way out and my friends were loooooooong gone. I don't know how long I was trapped in there, but I finally had to ask for the emergency exit because it got to the point where I was terrified. Once outside I almost got sick because I was so scared. That happened at the old State Mental Hospital which is no longer a hospital anymore and they have a haunted house in there each year. I will never EVER go back to that haunted house again. >:(

For some reason the workers in those haunted houses target me nearly every time I visit one of them. I don't know why that is. Most of the time they are very nice though, they just gently pick on me and tease me.... MOST of the time! :laugh:

Thanks David!  I'm glad you like my costume!  Profiles are definitely handy these days in at least trying to figure out who people are.  There still one member that posted in a different thread that I can't figure out who it is.  And, my costume is flexible... yesterday I was the "Rodeo Queen" and today I'm the "Barrel Racing Legend"... since they're two sides of my costume's identity I thought it would be fun to flip them around from time to time this weekend.

By the way I think your Casper costume is adorable!  I loved the Casper cartoons as a kid. :)

As for real life haunted houses... when I lived in Philly during grad school I got many invitations to accompany folks to tour the haunted house that's always put up in Eastern State Penitentiary.  I always declined those invitations because I know it would be more traumatic than fun for me.  It's a very, very professionally done haunted house (from what I understand).  I think I would be hopeless in any of the really elaborate, professionally staged haunted houses.  I wonder if Jeff's ever been to the haunted house at Eastern State?  I remember they also have Halloween tours of Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philly too (another thing I couldn't handle participating in).

LOL, thinking of this kind of thing... it makes me remember my parents and I going through Madam Tussaud's wax museum together in London when I was about 12.  Most of the museum was just marvelous with all the wax statues of celebrities, artists, kings and queens, politicians, etc.... but the end of the museum was the chamber of horrors and there was no way to bypass it.  In order to exit the museum you had to go through.  So, I remember holding my Mom's hand and looking directly at the ground as my parents led me through.  I remember hearing all the spooky sound effects.  But, I didn't look up or peek even once.  LOL, I remember looking at the pictures in the museum's souvenir book out of curiosity about what I missed once we were out... but the pictures in the book were about all I could handle.
 :laugh:

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie