Author Topic: Favorite Scary Films?  (Read 47610 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Favorite Scary Films?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 05:17:42 pm »
Duel (1971)

While traveling through the desert for an appointment with a client, the businessman David Mann from California passes a slow and old tanker truck. The psychotic truck driver feels offended and chases David along the empty highway trying to kill him.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 05:23:50 pm »
Duel (1971)

While traveling through the desert for an appointment with a client, the businessman David Mann from California passes a slow and old tanker truck. The psychotic truck driver feels offended and chases David along the empty highway trying to kill him.

yes! that is it....

there is one point at the begining when Mann doesn't realize how serious it is...he thinks that he is just overreacting...and he thinks the trucker has left....

he is sitting at  a crossing waiting on a train, just chillin....when all of a sudden BUMP!! the truck is BEHIND him!! pushing him under the train!! he lays on the brakes, screaming!! but the truck is too big! and JUST as he is almost under the train the train track clears and he speeds off!

*Whew*

scary!

more cause it DOES happen...people DO have road rage...

and you NEVER see the trucker...just this big dirty truck!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 05:30:36 pm »
Wow! I think I would really like that movie! :)

It sounds very similar to another movie I like but I can't remember the name of it! :laugh:

It's about a trucker who gets pissed off and starts chasing some teens after they say something rude to him on the CB radio.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 05:36:04 pm »

It sounds very similar to another movie I like but I can't remember the name of it! :laugh:

It's about a trucker who gets pissed off and starts chasing some teens after they say something rude to him on the CB radio.

Joy Ride (2001)

The plot concerns Lewis Thomas (Paul Walker), a young man who decides to go cross-country to pick up his high school sweetheart, Venna Wilcox (Leelee Sobieski), from college. On his way there, he bails his brother, Fuller Thomas (Steve Zahn), out of jail. Fuller, looking for a good time, decides to ride with Lewis. During their trip to pick up Venna, Fuller coaxes Lewis into playing a cruel joke, through their CB radio, on a truck driver, known only as 'Rusty Nail' (voiced by Ted Levine). When the joke takes a deadly turn, Lewis, Venna, and Fuller find themselves being relentlessly stalked by the psychotic truck driver who is looking for more than an apology.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 05:40:15 pm »

Joy Ride (2001)

The plot concerns Lewis Thomas (Paul Walker), a young man who decides to go cross-country to pick up his high school sweetheart, Venna Wilcox (Leelee Sobieski), from college. On his way there, he bails his brother, Fuller Thomas (Steve Zahn), out of jail. Fuller, looking for a good time, decides to ride with Lewis. During their trip to pick up Venna, Fuller coaxes Lewis into playing a cruel joke, through their CB radio, on a truck driver, known only as 'Rusty Nail' (voiced by Ted Levine). When the joke takes a deadly turn, Lewis, Venna, and Fuller find themselves being relentlessly stalked by the psychotic truck driver who is looking for more than an apology.

Yup! That's the one! I couldn't think of the name! Thanks Chuck. :)

injest

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 05:40:35 pm »

it was directed by Steven Spielberg...and has a lot of layers to it..

you really SHOULD get it. It was made back in the seventies I think but it really is good...one of my favorite quotes come from this movie...he stops to try to help a bunch of kids whose school bus has broken down...and looks up to see the truck sitting down the road...the engine reving...so he trys to get the kids out of the road, pushing and yelling at them....one little boy says "You are crazy outta your head!"

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 05:55:39 pm »
I voted ROSEMARY'S BABY.  Talk about Ruth Gordon being the banality of evil and all. I just thought she was a lonely next door neighbor being a surrogate mom to Rosemary as she's so concerned with how the pregnancy is going along and all. WHo would have thought she had ulterior motives.

And Rosemary's husband, is there anyone more amoral on film? Rosemary is such a nice, sweet girl and trusting girl.  The film is much more eerie then outright jump out your seat type film. But the suspense and what's it's about must have been really shocking to audiences in the 1960's. Can you imagine Time Magazine nowadays having a cover saying "IS GOD DEAD?." Rosemary sees that issue while waiting to see her doctor.

DUEL is also a good film.  It used to come on tv all the time in the 1970's.

I'm also a fan of THE RING.  I like it the more I see it.  I certainly wasn't expecting it to come walking right out of the tv.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 07:31:43 pm »
I voted ROSEMARY'S BABY.  Talk about Ruth Gordon being the banality of evil and all. I just thought she was a lonely next door neighbor being a surrogate mom to Rosemary as she's so concerned with how the pregnancy is going along and all. WHo would have thought she had ulterior motives.

And Rosemary's husband, is there anyone more amoral on film? Rosemary is such a nice, sweet girl and trusting girl.  The film is much more eerie then outright jump out your seat type film. But the suspense and what's it's about must have been really shocking to audiences in the 1960's. Can you imagine Time Magazine nowadays having a cover saying "IS GOD DEAD?." Rosemary sees that issue while waiting to see her doctor.

Rosemary's Baby is almost too scary for me to even think about.  The film is scary enough.

But, then when you think about the super, super scary bio of Roman Polanski it takes the horror of the film and the things associated with it to a whole new level.  When you think about what happened to poor Sharon Tate and her unborn child thinking about Rosemary's Baby is almost too upsetting for words.

This from Polanski's imdb page:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000591/bio
In 1968, Polanski went to Hollywood, where he made the psychological thriller Rosemary's Baby (1968). However, after the brutal murder of his wife Sharon Tate by the infamous Manson gang in 1969, the director decided to return to Europe. In 1974, he again appeared with a US release of Chinatown (1974). It seemed the beginning of the promising Hollywood career, but after his conviction for the statutory rape of a 13-year old girl, Polanski fled from America to avoid prison.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 08:07:54 pm »
The Shining is just coming on A&E if anyone cares to watch it. It started at 8:00 pm (eastern time). They will be airing it again at 12:00 am (eastern).

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 11:17:54 pm »
Is anyone else watching The Shining on A&E? They will be repeating it at midnight in case you missed it! :D