Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 530910 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Cosmology
« Reply #1000 on: May 15, 2009, 03:37:34 pm »
WAYNE!!

The CIA needs you!!!

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-05/ff_kryptos
Thanks Jess! For now, I'm having a hard enough time with just plain English!  :-\ :laugh:

Hope you're doing well.  :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #1001 on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:40 pm »
Thanks Jess! For now, I'm having a hard enough time with just plain English!  :-\ :laugh:

Hope you're doing well.  :)

I am doing good....

but you can figure that out while you are waiting for a light or something...you are very smart.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #1002 on: June 10, 2009, 03:59:48 pm »
 :D  Some people at the school where I go report that bans on same-sex marriage can be tied to a rise in the rate of HIV infection.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #1003 on: June 10, 2009, 04:02:10 pm »
I had thought that the GOP takeover of the NY State Senate meant there would be no chance for same-sex marriage in NY this session. But there are some interesting twists going on. One of the two Democratic defectors, Pedro Espada, is a cosponsor of the (pro-) gay marriage bill. He said on radio yesterday that he supports gay marriage and he thinks it will come to the floor for a vote.

And Towleroad reports today that Joe Bruno, Former New York GOP Senate Leader, Supports Gay Marriage.

Just a little something to feel better about.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #1004 on: June 14, 2009, 03:02:20 pm »
 :D  OMG this one is especially for Jess!!!       :o :laugh: :-*

Olam Ha-Ba: The Messianic Age

The world after the messiah comes is often referred to in Jewish literature as Olam Ha-Ba (oh-LAHM hah-BAH), the World to Come. This term can cause some confusion, because it is also used to refer to a spiritual afterlife. In English, we commonly use the term "messianic age" to refer specifically to the time of the messiah.

Olam Ha-Ba will be characterized by the peaceful co-existence of all people (Isaiah 2:4). Hatred, intolerance and war will cease to exist. Some authorities suggest that the laws of nature will change, so that predatory beasts will no longer seek prey and agriculture will bring forth supernatural abundance (Isaiah 11:6-11:9). Others, however, say that these statements are merely an allegory for peace and prosperity.

All of the Jewish people will return from their exile among the nations to their home in Israel (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). The law of the Jubilee will be reinstated.

In the Olam Ha-Ba, the whole world will recognize the Jewish G-d as the only true G-d, and the Jewish religion as the only true religion (Isaiah 2:3; 11:10; Micah 4:2-3; Zechariah 14:9). There will be no murder, robbery, competition or jealousy. There will be no sin (Zephaniah 3:13). Sacrifices will continue to be brought in the Temple, but these will be limited to thanksgiving offerings, because there will be no further need for expiatory offerings.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #1005 on: June 23, 2009, 06:27:36 pm »
 :D   I think this is funny. It is, right?  ???

(I'm pretty sure it's not the KKK but rather the Spanish Inquisition, which is *much* funnier.)

They see me rollin, they hatin

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #1006 on: June 29, 2009, 10:21:49 am »
If needed:

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #1007 on: June 29, 2009, 11:11:37 am »
 :D Intellectual stuff

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18561014

New evidence of genetic factors influencing sexual orientation in men: female fecundity increase in the maternal line.Iemmola F, Camperio Ciani A.
Department of General Psychology, University of Padova, via Belzoni 80, Padua, Italy.

There is a long-standing debate on the role of genetic factors influencing homosexuality because the presence of these factors contradicts the Darwinian prediction according to which natural selection should progressively eliminate the factors that reduce individual fecundity and fitness. Recently, however, Camperio Ciani, Corna, and Capiluppi (Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B: Biological Sciences, 271, 2217-2221, 2004), comparing the family trees of homosexuals with heterosexuals, reported a significant increase in fecundity in the females related to the homosexual probands from the maternal line but not in those related from the paternal one. This suggested that genetic factors that are partly linked to the X-chromosome and that influence homosexual orientation in males are not selected against because they increase fecundity in female carriers, thus offering a solution to the Darwinian paradox and an explanation of why natural selection does not progressively eliminate homosexuals. Since then, new data have emerged suggesting not only an increase in maternal fecundity but also larger paternal family sizes for homosexuals. These results are partly conflicting and indicate the need for a replication on a wider sample with a larger geographic distribution. This study examined the family trees of 250 male probands, of which 152 were homosexuals. The results confirmed the study of Camperio Ciani et al. (2004). We observed a significant fecundity increase even in primiparous mothers, which was not evident in the previous study. No evidence of increased paternal fecundity was found; thus, our data confirmed a sexually antagonistic inheritance partly linked to the X-chromosome that promotes fecundity in females and a homosexual sexual orientation in males.

Don

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1008 on: July 04, 2009, 11:02:31 am »

Happy
4th
Of
July
Wayne!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:28 pm »

Congradulations Wayne on the suscessfull defence of your lifes' work!!!!

Congradulations, DOCTOR McGay !!!!!!!!!!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."