Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 528702 times)

injest

Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #260 on: December 30, 2006, 12:23:19 am »
they broke into 20/20 and said he had been executed...the first thing (almost) asked was "Did they video tape it?" then they talked about how horrible he was and one of the things they dwelled on was ...he liked to watch videotapes of executions.

and you know they don't see the irony (if that is the right word) that HE deserved to die partly because he was so lost to human decency that he liked to see people die...

they justify it to themselves saying they have different motives but I would bet that he lied to himself too....

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2006, 12:30:19 am »
I would take it better if they had killed him "because he had it coming" rather than the b.s. they come up with.  And yeah, he sure did have it coming, but that was no reason for us to go to war there. Where is Bin Laden tonight?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2006, 12:40:32 am »
sleeping peacefully

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2006, 01:38:05 pm »
I would take it better if they had killed him "because he had it coming" rather than the b.s. they come up with.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm trying to figure out my feelings about this.

Right now I think it's that I dislike using what should be an honorable process in a judicial system to justify a foregone conclusion.

It gives me the creeps for Bush to say that Saddam had a "fair trial" when 3 of his lawyers were killed.

What would it take for Bush to question whether Saddam had a fair trial? If 4 of his lawyers were killed? Eight?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:42:26 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2006, 01:43:11 pm »
It would require that he admit he made a mistake...or that he would finally begin to know the difference between opinions and facts...

neither one is going to happen anytime soon...

injest

« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2006, 01:47:39 pm »
Don't know about ya'll but I feel SO much safer...

Offline Wayne

« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2006, 01:48:22 pm »
It's not quite the same, but it reminds me of Yossarian's complaint to the army in Catch-22.

"They're trying to kill me," Yossarian told him calmly.

"No one's trying to kill you," Clevinger cried.

"Then why are they shooting at me?" Yossarian asked.

I mean, Saddam was right - they were trying to kill him, and they did, and people had parties. Yuck!
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2006, 01:56:16 pm »
the whole thing is a disaster...how it is going to end I don't know...

we are stuck and Bush gets a multimillion dollar library....

how I want him impeached. The violations of our rights, the wiretapping, so many things he has gotten away with...just the very idea that we are at war! Only congress can declare war...we are not at war! we are participating in an Executive branch operation (can't recall the exact term off hand)

Congress just rolled over and let him have his way. This is why I prefer to have the Congress in the hands of one party and the Executive branch in another...

Offline Wayne

« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2006, 02:19:00 pm »
As you watch the Shiite government hang Saddam in Iraq, remember that the Shiite government hangs gay teenagers next door in Iran.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2006, 04:07:48 pm »
Thank you for posting those photos, Wayne. I am going to share those with people.

I have been studying on the death of President Ford this week. I thing all in all he was a decent man, I was not happy when he pardoned Nixon, but I was 11 years old at the time and realize now how important it was he did that and agree it was the right thing to do. He lived a long life and was fairly active until the end.

Then compare that to Reagan. Here was a man who wanted to go to war so bad the only thing that saved us I think was Gorbachev on the other side having none of it. In my opinion he did a diservice to people suffering with AIDS, and look how he ended up.

You reap what you sew, George W. Bush. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."