Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 528284 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2007, 11:48:49 pm »
Jesus, I know you're busy, but if You get a chance, could You help me finish my dissertation?   :D   Thanks!  - Cowboy Wayne
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2007, 12:40:53 am »
Jesus, I know you're busy, but if You get a chance, could You help me finish my dissertation?   :D   Thanks!  - Cowboy Wayne

I thought this said JESS

I thought you had just lost your mind...I don't even know what a dissertation is really!!

Offline Wayne

« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2007, 12:41:25 pm »
 :laugh:   Well you may be right about the lost my mind part!!   :laugh:

It's coming along though ... I figured out something really cool yesterday!     :D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #393 on: June 03, 2007, 01:17:41 pm »
:laugh:   Well you may be right about the lost my mind part!!   :laugh:

It's coming along though ... I figured out something really cool yesterday!     :D

AND??

there has got to be another post around here somewhere...he couldn't just leave us all HANGING!

Offline Wayne

« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2007, 10:57:30 am »
 :D  oh - sorry - the problem was that I don't know how to calculate the intraclass correlation from a logistic model, given the info that SAS prints out.

But I figured out that if you take the intraclass correlation from the corresponding linear model and apply it to the variance from the logistic model, you get a value that is 2 times the correct standard error.

I don't yet know why it works, but it does work, so that's pretty cool     ;D ;D :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:39:02 pm by wdj »

Don

injest

« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2007, 12:28:54 am »
:D  oh - sorry - the problem was that I don't know how to calculate the intraclass correlation from a logistic model, given the info that SAS prints out.

But I figured out that if you take the intraclass correlation from the corresponding linear model and apply it to the variance from the logistic model, you get a value that is 2 times the correct standard error.

I don't yet know why it works, but it does work, so that's pretty cool     ;D ;D :D

oh is that all?? Yep...linear take away the intra thingie...two times..varigated....yep...works...go with that!  ;D ;D

::) ::)

*Jess's head hurts now*

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2007, 12:56:16 am »

oh is that all?? Yep...linear take away the intra thingie...two times..varigated....yep...works...go with that!  ;D ;D

::) ::)

*Jess's head hurts now*

Don't feel lonely, Jess...I can define all those words on their own, but put together it feels like one big jumble!  Maybe Aleve will help. ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2007, 06:28:13 pm »
put together it feels like one big jumble!
:-\   sadly, that's how it looks to me right now too!!    :laugh: :P

Hey Lynne thanks for the post card!!!!          :D

Don

injest

« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »
:-\   sadly, that's how it looks to me right now too!!    :laugh: :P

Hey Lynne thanks for the post card!!!!          :D

oh quit trying to make us feel better, Mr Smart Brainiac!

and yeah...Thanks for the Post card, Lynne.... >:( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Wayne

« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2007, 06:52:20 pm »
 :-\    Sorry - I don't know who organized it -- was it Ohio?  I'm figuring she didn't have your address Jess.   :-*

Don