Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 530512 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #540 on: July 18, 2008, 10:28:56 am »
 :D   The Cochrane review was published this week!    ;D

Behavioral interventions to reduce risk for sexual transmission of HIV among men who have sex with men

:-\  PS Dang just found out you can't see it outside my office!! Well, just take my word for it then, it's real good!   :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:56:38 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #541 on: July 18, 2008, 04:46:05 pm »
 ???   I'll admit I don't get the joke, at least not yet, but I LOVE THE PICTURE!!!    :laugh: :laugh:

Larry King to Share His Life Story in Upcoming Book   

When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #542 on: July 18, 2008, 04:56:06 pm »

Behavioral interventions to reduce risk for sexual transmission of HIV among men who have sex with men

Way to go Wayne! I am so happy to see this!

Hope you head don't get as big as Larry King's!!!  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #543 on: July 18, 2008, 04:58:14 pm »
 :laugh:  Already is, I just haven't changed my hairstyle to match yet.    :laugh:   

How yoo Doin?! Off to the beach soon?

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #544 on: July 18, 2008, 05:07:10 pm »
Once again, it's time for Mildly Homoerotic FridazeR !!!!

Robert "Babs" deNiro and Martin Scorsese:

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #545 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:40 pm »
 ???   Hmmm - this is the first article / headline I've seen to just come right out and say it:

Life on Mars found, thanks to Phoenix Lander

I suspect they may actually be right, yet I suspect the newspaper is just kinda making this up.       ::)

Don

injest

« Reply #546 on: July 18, 2008, 06:22:11 pm »
???   Hmmm - this is the first article / headline I've seen to just come right out and say it:

Life on Mars found, thanks to Phoenix Lander

I suspect they may actually be right, yet I suspect the newspaper is just kinda making this up.       ::)

well they changed the title but yes they have found water signs...isn't that one of the accepted signs that life may have been there at some point?

injest

« Reply #547 on: July 18, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »

:-\  PS Dang just found out you can't see it outside my office!! Well, just take my word for it then, it's real good!   :laugh:

will we ever get to see it??

(not that I would understand it but I would like to SEE it)

injest

« Reply #548 on: July 18, 2008, 06:31:17 pm »
will we ever get to see it??

(not that I would understand it but I would like to SEE it)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I SEE IT!!

dichotomous??

chi-squared????

heterogeneity!!!???

THANK THE LORT!!

Plain language summary

well, I didnt' understand a lot of it (cause I dont know that science language thang you got going on...) but I did understand the gist of it I think....

You done good!

but I don't understand why there is a difference between white men and men of color...do you have any idea why HIV prevention education doesn't work as well??

Offline Wayne

« Reply #549 on: July 18, 2008, 06:47:58 pm »
Good question. In some other analyses it looks like interventions that are designed for and delivered to African American MSM work well. But in most of these studies, men of color were only, say something like 10% of the sample.

The problem may be that for various reasons, the men of color in majority white studies feel isolated and don't feel like the intervention is really addressing them. For example the characters in videos may be white, or most of the people in their small group meeting are white, and they don't feel like they are facing the same set of issues, so they don't connect as well.

I think as a gay man I often feel the same way about messages for straight audiences. It's not that I don't like it or whatever, it just doesn't seem to apply to me. If I know the message is for me, then I'm brought into it and get invested in following through.

Just a hypothesis for now ...

Gotta run - hope you're having a good evening Miz Jess!!    :-* :-*

Don