Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 530492 times)

injest

Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #550 on: July 18, 2008, 06:53:38 pm »
Good question. In some other analyses it looks like interventions that are designed for and delivered to African American MSM work well.

The problem may be that for various reasons, the men of color in majority white studies don't feel like the intervention is really addressing them. For example the characters in videos may be white, or most of the people in their small group meeting are white, and they don't feel like they are facing the same set of issues, so they don't connect as well.

I think as a gay man I often feel the same way about messages for straight audiences. It's not that I don't like it or whatever, it just doesn't seem to apply to me.

Just a hypothesis for now ...

it has only been in the last few years that I have started noticing commercials and such using people of color and it makes me think of how THEY must have felt all those years when all the models were white.

That does sound like a good hypothesis...(HA! I know that one!!)

I wonder also if it might also be cultural? do you see a difference in white men that live in cities for example vs men that live in rural areas?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #551 on: July 18, 2008, 09:45:16 pm »
Once again, it's time for Mildly Homoerotic FridazeR !!!!

Robert "Babs" deNiro and Martin Scorsese:

Which one was the....oh never mind......
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #552 on: July 21, 2008, 12:29:26 pm »
 :D :D    New Chris flick!!!    ;D :-* :-*

Edible Island host Chris Fischer whips up a lobster and local greens salad on Today in the Vineyard from Menemsha.

http://vineyard.plumtv.com/videos/chris_fischer_cooks
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #553 on: July 21, 2008, 01:10:04 pm »
 :D   If they get married his name can be Mark Knight    :D

When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #554 on: July 21, 2008, 03:24:02 pm »
 :o ??? :D ;D ;D ;D ;D   OM GOMOGOVOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOMOMOMGOGGOM Shakes !!!    :laugh:

From Ted and Lisa's Excellent Adventure with Jake:

It’s a real shame these old industrial buildings get torn down, but this one is great.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #555 on: July 21, 2008, 04:36:44 pm »

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #556 on: July 21, 2008, 04:44:58 pm »

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #557 on: July 21, 2008, 04:58:01 pm »
They gone tear down the Adluh Flour Building! Well Shit!  :P

Wonder do my mamma still have that sack I bought her.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #558 on: July 21, 2008, 04:58:38 pm »
 :D   SHakes, Jake seen Hulda's factory!!!   ;D

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #559 on: July 21, 2008, 04:59:58 pm »
 ??? Sorry, I think that quote gave the wrong impression! I don't think they're gonna tear it down.  I think they meant a lot of others been torn down, but this one hatten, and that that's a good thing!   :-\ :-\

Don