Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 530500 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Cosmology
« Reply #640 on: August 16, 2008, 01:52:26 pm »
Definitely Jake!
;)   Chris manages to say that not once but twice in the "Farmer's market" video. I assume that Jake is the name of the grandson of the couple he's working with, but it's nice just the same.     ;D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #641 on: August 16, 2008, 01:56:18 pm »
 :o   Oooh, and check this out! There's an analysis of the WMAP data suggesting polarity!   :D

Bayesian analysis of sparse anisotropic universe models and application to the 5-yr WMAP data

When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #642 on: August 16, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
The oval image represents the sphere of the sky around us. It's a bit distorted to make it fit onto a flat image.

Imagine printing that out, and pulling the sides around to make a cyilinder. Then you put an appropriate size ball inside the cylinder and stretch it around a bit so the picture fits around the ball.

We are in the center of the ball, and what you see in the image represents this very low-level radiation that is the remnant of the big bang.

What the red dots show is that there is a polarity to the big bang. Like the north and south poles of the globe - sort of though not really a top and a bottom.

So in the big bang, there was more going on in those two directions than elsewhere.

Don

injest

« Reply #643 on: August 16, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »
Why?

Type SLOWER!

why would that big bang go in TWO specific directions rather than all around evenly?

Unless whatever was smushed together to make the Big Bang wasnt' symmetrical? At first I thought it would HAVE to have been because of gravity and rotation but there are objects in OUR solar system that are not symmetrical..

injest

« Reply #644 on: August 16, 2008, 02:20:26 pm »
or maybe we are all wrong and these guys are right...

http://fixedearth.com/

Offline Wayne

« Reply #645 on: August 16, 2008, 02:26:03 pm »
Why?

Type SLOWER!

why would that big bang go in TWO specific directions rather than all around evenly?

Unless whatever was smushed together to make the Big Bang wasn't symmetrical?
:D  Right, that's just what I was thinking too!

So now, the authors don't say this in the article, but in Cowboy Cosmology, the polarity of that radiation is consistent with this scenario:

Before our big bang, there were two other big bangs. (And probably lots of others, but the others don't matter right now.) Those 2 big bangs produced 2 "universes" very much like our own, with galaxies and stars and such. Just like our universe (which I define not as "everything there is" but as the product of our big bang), their universes did not contain enough energy and mass to stop their expansion and collapse back into a ball, so they went on expanding out for what must have seemed like forever.

But eventually they came in contact with each other. A disk formed where they overlapped, and it was no big deal for a long time. But as they expanded, more and more material was flying in that direction (merely because it was expanding from the 2 previous big bangs) until it began to collect enough mass to collapse in on itself and form a black hole.

More and more mass and energy came toward the black hole until its own gravity began to pull from the other two universes. The pressure became so great that the nature of matter and energy changed from atoms as we know them (where electrons fly around protons with mostly empty space) so that there was no more space between the nuclei and the electrons.

This very very massive thing started pulling the two previous "universes" toward it until eventually it pulled enough material so that it crossed some threshhold of pressure and it asploded!    :o

And the greater mass that was coming from the two opposite directions became the polarity in the WMAP that we can see above.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #646 on: August 16, 2008, 02:27:29 pm »
or maybe we are all wrong and these guys are right...

http://fixedearth.com/

:o   How do they make it hang there? No strings or anything?!?

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #647 on: August 16, 2008, 02:34:12 pm »
I think it is magnets, but exactly how I dunno.

I know I saw this commercial on tv last night for a device that would let you hang upside down and decompress your spine and my back has been hurtin' ever since.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #648 on: August 16, 2008, 02:35:38 pm »
I know I saw this commercial on tv last night for a device that would let you hang upside down and decompress your spine and my back has been hurtin' ever since.
:-\  You probably shooten watch that channel any more!

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #649 on: August 16, 2008, 02:39:13 pm »
I ain't, soon as I get this video up I am gone go clean my car.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."