Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 530478 times)

injest

Re: Cowboy Cosmology
« Reply #650 on: August 16, 2008, 02:50:14 pm »
:D  Right, that's just what I was thinking too!

So now, the authors don't say this in the article, but in Cowboy Cosmology, the polarity of that radiation is consistent with this scenario:

Before our big bang, there were two other big bangs. (And probably lots of others, but the others don't matter right now.) Those 2 big bangs produced 2 "universes" very much like our own, with galaxies and stars and such. Just like our universe (which I define not as "everything there is" but as the product of our big bang), their universes did not contain enough energy and mass to stop their expansion and collapse back into a ball, so they went on expanding out for what must have seemed like forever.

But eventually they came in contact with each other. A disk formed where they overlapped, and it was no big deal for a long time. But as they expanded, more and more material was flying in that direction (merely because it was expanding from the 2 previous big bangs) until it began to collect enough mass to collapse in on itself and form a black hole.

More and more mass and energy came toward the black hole until its own gravity began to pull from the other two universes. The pressure became so great that the nature of matter and energy changed from atoms as we know them (where electrons fly around protons with mostly empty space) so that there was no more space between the nuclei and the electrons.

This very very massive thing started pulling the two previous "universes" toward it until eventually it pulled enough material so that it crossed some threshhold of pressure and it asploded!    :o

And the greater mass that was coming from the two opposite directions became the polarity in the WMAP that we can see above.

well that would make sense....but I feel bad for the other two universes....just think there was probably planets like ours just going about their business and BOOM....they got sucked off into a black hole..  :-\

injest

« Reply #651 on: August 16, 2008, 02:52:06 pm »
:o   How do they make it hang there? No strings or anything?!?

nope. I dont' think so...cause Those guys didn't find any when they went to the North Pole.

but here is the thing....we have had planes going real high and we have telescopes you would think they woulda noticed that big ol stand wouldn't they??

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #652 on: August 16, 2008, 03:22:12 pm »
nope. I dont' think so...cause Those guys didn't find any when they went to the North Pole.

Reminds me of the first time I opened up the short story Brokeback Mountain, and read:

"all the way to the north pole or the equator
depending which way you thought you were sailing"
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #653 on: August 17, 2008, 11:11:04 am »
I feel bad for the other two universes....just think there was probably planets like ours just going about their business and BOOM....they got sucked off into a black hole..  :-\
:-\   Yeah. "Honey, did you read in the paper today abouuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #654 on: August 17, 2008, 12:52:30 pm »
:-\   Yeah. "Honey, did you read in the paper today abouuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

:laugh: :-X :(

Offline Wayne

« Reply #655 on: August 18, 2008, 11:55:24 am »
 :)  Particle Physics Rap

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM[/youtube]
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #656 on: August 18, 2008, 09:20:47 pm »
huh?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was like a light almost came on for a minute...

Offline Wayne

« Reply #657 on: August 19, 2008, 06:00:32 pm »
A nice picture.  Tie-dye sky by jimhankey

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #658 on: August 19, 2008, 06:03:40 pm »

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #659 on: August 19, 2008, 06:06:52 pm »
NYC yesterday. It's bigger here

Don