Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 530464 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Cosmology
« Reply #730 on: September 02, 2008, 05:48:14 pm »
 ???  :-\  I am recording this only for myself to check back on.

All the rest of this post is quoted from an ABC reader chat, not my own.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 Archives Remains of Alaska Separatist Are Identified

Published: October 15, 1994 Fingerprint tests show that human remains found in a gravel pit east of Fairbanks on Wednesday are those of Joe Vogler, the founder of the Alaskan Independence Party, who vanished in May 1993, Alaska state troopers said today.

The discovery of the remains, following an anonymous tip to the authorities, apparently resolves a year-and-a-half-old mystery concerning Mr. Vogler, a folk hero throughout the state who was 80 when he disappeared from his home here.

The blue tarp and duct tape in which the remains were wrapped, officials said, matched a description given by a convicted thief, Manfred West, who confessed last summer that he had killed Mr. Vogler in a plastic-explosives sale gone bad and had then buried him..............

For 10 years Palin and her husband belonged to the Alaskan Independence Party, a radical white separatist organization who wantee to create a separate country out of Alaska. For all the talk about Barack and Michelle Obama's patriotism, John McCain's running mate was a member of a political party that wanted to secede from the United States altogether. It's the kind of idea that would have been more common in the 1850s. Advocating secession is, practically by definition, un-American. How does the right go after Obama's patriotism while supporting a ticket with a candidate who joined a secessionist party?

We are, after all, talking about a party founded by a man who said, "I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." The same man, AIP founder Joe Vogler, also said, "The fires of Hell are glaciers compared to my hate for the American government."Complicating matters, Marc Ambinder has a video of a AIP leader explaining that party members "must 'infiltrate' -- his words -- the other two parties and push for the cause of Alaskan independence."

ABC reported: Earlier this year, Palin sent a video message to the AIP for its annual convention, where AIP vice chair George Clark told the small crowd that Palin "was an AIP member before she got the job as a mayor of a small town -- that was a non-partisan job. But you get along to go along -- she eventually joined the Republican Party, where she had all kinds of problems with their ethics, and well, I won't go into that. She also had about an 80 percent approval rating, and is pretty well sympathetic to her former membership in the AIP."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:01:11 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #731 on: September 02, 2008, 05:56:57 pm »
Walter Hickel was governor of Alaska 1990-1994.  He was elected as a member of the Alaska Independence Party.

When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #732 on: September 02, 2008, 08:19:17 pm »
Well, if you come up with some calomondins, let me know.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #733 on: September 03, 2008, 03:44:23 pm »
McCain greets the father-to-be (or father-already?)  ;)

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #734 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:45 pm »
Following up on the separatist party / explosives / governor quote from yesterday, according to Wikipedia, the facts seem to check out:

Palin was a member of this separatist party
the founder of her party was killed while buying illegal explosives a couple of years before the Oklahoma City bombing
the governor of Alaska 1990-1994 was elected as the candidate of this separatist party

The aggressively anti-USA quotes are correct. Think about that when you hear them chanting YOO ESS AY at her tonight.

In my opinion, if somebody wants to be a separatist that's up to them, but then don't go claiming to be a patriot or "someone who loves this country."

Don

Offline Wayne

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #736 on: September 04, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »
heh heh. some time back.

Waking Up

Don

injest

« Reply #737 on: September 04, 2008, 11:37:24 pm »
heh heh. some time back.

Waking Up

aww, Wayne....that is so sweet. Thank you for posting the link.

:) :)

injest

« Reply #738 on: September 04, 2008, 11:40:56 pm »

injest

« Reply #739 on: September 04, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »

well I know for a fact that THIS one is wrong... ;D ;D ;D

(and they misspelled genitalia)