Author Topic: Movie Chat Room  (Read 787139 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Movie Chat Room
« Reply #480 on: January 25, 2009, 12:36:08 am »
Oh my, I had a "members only" jacket, but it wasn't gold.  it was purple! 

LOL...........I had several colors of those Paul  :laugh:

injest

« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2009, 12:36:38 am »
Jeff's mother wasn't very nice.

he moved in with us in his senior year of high school....and his mom never said a word about it. I would have thrown a fit if D had moved out while he was underage.

Heck, I cry when he leaves to go to college...

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #482 on: January 25, 2009, 12:37:05 am »
I didn't know that Jack. He's beautiful isn't he?

Yes he is David  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #483 on: January 25, 2009, 12:37:59 am »
Yeah I remember going through that too and it also was around the same time. My father even gave me the talk about that animals didn't do things like that. I will never forget that. I was in my first relationship with Steve. We had an apartment and my parents came by to talk. Basically I was disowned by my father, but somehow my mother got him through it, but she was devastated too. Years later she told me she had always known I was gay just like what was said in the movie. The first indication I got that they knew something was going on was when my father asked me why I didn't ever mention girls when I talked about my friends. I was 17 at the time, but I was already going to the bar. I had a fake ID. I said, oh yeah there's lots of girls, there Billie Jo, etc., etc. Billie Jo was a drag queen and the other girls I mentioned were lesbians  ;) But now I am very close to my parents.

I got that too Jack, but it mostly came from my sister. She was always asking me "How come you don't have a girl friend?" "How come I never see you dating girls?" "When are you going to get married because I want some nieces and nephews!" blah blah blah

My sister still can't accept the fact she has a gay brother. She even tried to turn her son and daughter against me. It almost worked too. For years, Christy wouldn't come by to see me, and Susan had her half way convinced to not let her kids around me. Susan moved to Denver a couple of years ago and Christy is starting to come to her senses. It's better if my sister lives 1000 miles away. I hate to say it, but it's true.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #484 on: January 25, 2009, 12:38:40 am »
I have the movie on again and that bar just looks too familiar to the one I remember that was here

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #485 on: January 25, 2009, 12:41:41 am »
Jeff's mother wasn't very nice.

he moved in with us in his senior year of high school....and his mom never said a word about it. I would have thrown a fit if D had moved out while he was underage.

Heck, I cry when he leaves to go to college...

You cry because you love him and you miss him when he's gone. I realize I'm stating the obvious here, but I just thought I'd say it anyway. :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #486 on: January 25, 2009, 12:47:03 am »
And now that bar looks like the ones in Atlanta during that time.........and kind of like the ones in Charlotte and Knoxville too.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #487 on: January 25, 2009, 12:47:50 am »
this is pretty much where I came in the first time.  

I'm gonna say goodnight.  

Glad to share this beatuiful film with y'all.  

injest

« Reply #488 on: January 25, 2009, 12:48:09 am »
And now that bar looks like the ones in Atlanta during that time.........and kind of like the ones in Charlotte and Knoxville too.

dang, Jack....how many bars you been in??!  :o :o

injest

« Reply #489 on: January 25, 2009, 12:48:49 am »
good night Paul..

David I really enjoy these movie get togethers!! we should plan more!