Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 84877 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2007, 07:27:30 am »
Oh well if it,s pestering you need Leslie, look no further lol. ;) ;) ;D
PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER.
Is that enough pesters? One more? ok lol.
PESTER.
I miss Ennis Jack. Come on Leslie, hop to it...pester.  ;) ;D ;D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2007, 02:55:43 pm »
Hi, Leslie -

I wanted to jump in with a few thoughts before I get too far in the story, which I am enjoying so very much!  To think of Jack and Ennis - right now! - living such a wonderful life at the Lazy L makes me so happy. 

Chapter 1 - Ennis on a cell phone!!! :laugh:  Priceless.  And how I love mention of all their special days - what great milestones - especially Don Wroe Day and peanut butter!   ;D

I love you, Jack. It’s that simple.”

Big happy sigh. I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your banner - and guess now is a good time - I love your banner!   :)

Chapter 2 has to be one of most beautiful chapters I've read - not just in your story - but in any story! You didn't tell us - you showed us - what making love is between two people who know each other so intimately and have such a deep, all-consuming love and passion that only grows stronger with time. 

Chapter 3 -

“I pushed the button,” said Ennis.

Love the marital shorthand!  - and their entire early morning talk.  I'm impressed with all the homework you must have done about the history of the Lazy L and its designation as a Century Farm.  You know me - can't get enough of all the bits of minutia that I find so fascinating!  Ennis surprised me about the piercing - but in a good way! It certainly is a compliment to your writing that your readers react so strongly to your story and the characters they love so much!

Chapter 4 - How great to see Bobby again! Ennis lecturing the doctor!  God, that was great -

Ennis bristled a bit at this comment. He looked at Josh. “Doc, I’m noticin’ yer wearin’ a weddin’ ring, I’m assumin’ yer married.”

Josh nodded yes.

“How would you like it if I asked if yer wife was stepping out on you, out a the blue like that?”

I was glad Ennis made that point, as that was exactly what I was thinking! 

Chapter 5 - "Ennis's Chest Condition" - you and Ennis are evil, Leslie!   :laugh:  Had me getting a little panicky there - along with Poor Jack!    I am glad they discussed that post-divorce postcard.   And Jack finds the piercing sexy - I had a feeling he would!   ;D

I'll try to comment more in the next few days!  Thanks again!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2007, 04:01:53 pm »
Leslie you know how much i love reading your writing...I've been patiently waiting, but checking everyday for an update which i know is coming.  Thank you so much for giving life to Ennis and Jack in their elder years..its absolutely beautiful.  I'm not very good with feedback.  I just love your your story sweetie; its warm and fuzzy.  Ennis especially deserves more then the heartbreak of a Jack's death (murder IMHO) and the lonely life ahead of Ennis in BBM.  I enjoy reading Through the Veil of Time because Jack is alive and well and they are together.  Please dont get me wrong Brokeback Mountain is my all time favorite film of all time just the way it is, but fan fic like yours is wonderful to read.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2007, 04:13:54 am »
Come on Leslie hurry up, I,m gettin withdrawal symptoms. I want Jack and Ennis, I want Jack and Ennis, etc etc etc. PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER.
Pleassssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER PESTER.
Thats enough pestering for today, more tomorow. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2007, 05:56:27 pm »
Thank you everyone, for your patience. I really apologize for the long delay (yes, it has been a month!) but Christmas and real life interfered. I have to say, it felt real good writing this and I hope I am back in the groove. I appreciate your support and am so glad you all enjoy my story.

Without further ado...

Through The Veil Of Time

Chapter 26. Mending Fences

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/27254.html

If you prefer reading on fanfiction.net, here is the link:  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3023375/26/

As always, comments and feedback are welcome.

Hugs to all,

Leslie
MaineWriter
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:48:07 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #195 on: January 14, 2007, 10:15:49 pm »
Thank you, Leslie. 

Very moving, and well-done chapter.  Worth the wait.  More tears...

Your story is compelling.

Mending fences is a good lesson for all of us.

Paul

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2007, 11:45:24 am »
Thank you, Leslie. 

Very moving, and well-done chapter.  Worth the wait.  More tears...

Your story is compelling.

Mending fences is a good lesson for all of us.

Paul

Ahh, yes!

Another beautiful chapter, Leslie. Thanks for hope and resolution right into the present time.
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Scott6373

« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2007, 11:53:35 am »
I concur.  This chapter was full of hope and light.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2007, 07:53:53 pm »
The long awaited, long anticipated event is here: the fourth of July party and chili cookoff! Yeah!

Through The Veil Of Time

Chapter 27. Surprise, Surprise

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/27406.html

A little corny, a little schmoopy and I hope you all love it.

As always, comments and feedback are welcome. Enjoy!

Leslie
MaineWriter
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:57:36 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2007, 08:27:01 pm »
Here's a treat for everyone. As the party unfolds, each of the chili chefs' special concoctions will be revealed. As the archivist for the Lazy L, I am fortunate to have access to the recipes, so I will be posting them here. So far, we know about four:

Jack's Cincinnati Style Chili (from his original Joy of Cooking recipe)
Cecelia's Wyoming Hotness
Lureen's White Chicken Chili
Chrissie and Luke's Super Easy Babysitting Chili

Once we have the whole list, I will put up a poll. After all, Ennis and KE decided that the chef who would receive the trophy would be the "People's Choice" award. I think all of you are the best people to vote!

Recipes follow in subsequent posts.

Leslie
MaineWriter