Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 86021 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 02:57:08 pm »
Hi Leslie -

Great sequel, so far!  Just read Ch 1 & 2 last night and Ch 2 was sure "stimulating!"  ;)

Excited that I just discovered that Ch 3 is posted and will read it right away!

Pete   :)
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 02:59:03 pm »
QUOTE:  I haven't watched it in a while because I was just tired of being sad, but I've been wondering if I'm going to feel even sadder now that the fan fics have laid it all out there and shown what a sweet life they really could have had. The loss may seem even more tragic this time around.  QUOTE..

Tamarack I,m having exactly the same problem.....it,s really hard to watch the film now after reading all the fanfics about BBM  knowing what a sweet life they could have had together. :'( :'( :'(  Maybe Jack could do a Bobby Ewing. ;) ;) ;)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 03:16:26 pm »
Hi Leslie -

Great sequel, so far!  Just read Ch 1 & 2 last night and Ch 2 was sure "stimulating!"  ;)

Excited that I just discovered that Ch 3 is posted and will read it right away!

Pete   :)

Hey, Pete....Good to hear from you! I have been missing you, my friend. Welcome back!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 09:54:51 pm »
Two really nice chapters, Leslie. I'm having a hard time thinking of them as 63 years old! Together 30 years! OMG! They really pulled it off!

For some reason I find it weirder to hear Ennis talk about Star Wars than I do nipple piercin's.  :)

"...pushing in smoothly and efficiently, like a hand into a glove." What a nice phrase.

I love all their little looks - no words needed.

I kind of had a split second of "oh oh" when the visit to the doctor was mentioned. Hope this sweet life isn't all going to go awry. You wouldn't do that, would you?  :-\

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 01:58:01 am »
I,ve thought about that too, and I should imagine, that at some point in the story, probably nearer the end,(I hope) one of them will inevitably die. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  I would imagine that for a couple as devoted to each other as Jack and Ennis, that would be something akin to loosing a part of yourself, because lets face it, whoever does die first, the other one will surely die of a broken heart...  One just cannot live without the other. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Then of course I could be totally wrong and the last chapter will have them sitting on their porch in their rocking chairs smoking a cigar and sharing a bud as the sun goes down. ;) ;)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 08:13:25 am »
Good morning, friends!

I have written A Note To Readers, which can be found here:

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/20760.html

and posted Chapter 4: Exam Time, which can be found here:

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/21212.html

Comments and feedback are always welcome. Enjoy!

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 07:38:34 pm »
I really hope that Ennis' overly confident attitude about his health doesn't bite him in the ass. But he really has done a great job of taking care of himself - staying active, stopping the smoking when they realized that it really was bad for them, they eat pretty good (no junk food), he's not overweight, not promiscuous, not a lot of stress, pheromones running rampant (is that the right word, pheromones?) which is supposed to be a good thing...

I'm trying to build a case, here, bargaining for Ennis to get a good report from all the tests!  ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 07:49:20 pm »
I really hope that Ennis' overly confident attitude about his health doesn't bite him in the ass. But he really has done a great job of taking care of himself - staying active, stopping the smoking when they realized that it really was bad for them, they eat pretty good (no junk food), he's not overweight, not promiscuous, not a lot of stress, pheromones running rampant (is that the right word, pheromones?) which is supposed to be a good thing...

I'm trying to build a case, here, bargaining for Ennis to get a good report from all the tests!  ;)

Although he does have a fondness for potato chips, in the junk department, and has a bit of a sweet tooth.

Phereromes? Hmm, maybe, but I think you are thinking of hormones....specifically, testosterone.  ;)

Leslie
MaineWriter

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 09:24:11 am »
Just for fun, I have been designing license plates, and thought this one was kinda fun:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 04:23:56 pm »
An update, from London:

Chapter 5: Ennis's Chest Condition

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/21363.html

Enjoy....

Leslie