Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 85908 times)

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2007, 07:09:14 am »
Lazy L stories are still some of my favorites, they make me feel warm and fuzzy and I love your Jack and Ennis (along with their family). Thanks for the recent update of TTVOT. :-*

During a dry fic period recently I went back and re-read A Love born from Steel from the beginning and was impressed all over again. I enjoyed Ennis's TTVOT calender especially May 17th, “Screw Yer Brains Out Day” related to the events of that first summer together.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2007, 08:44:22 am »
Thanks everyone...I really appreciate all your comments.

Just an update on RL. This Tuesday (Feb 13) I leave for a business trip to Salt Lake City, returning home to Maine on Friday, Feb 16. Right now I am busy with work (real work) and trying to catch up on a bunch of loose ends before I leave. I am hoping to have some for "Veil" writing (I'll have my computer with me) while I am away, so look for an update later in the week. I am tentatively planning on Thursday, Feb 15.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2007, 12:26:46 pm »
Thanks for the update Leslie! I'll be looking forward to the next chapter (as always).  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2007, 01:28:47 pm »
Update!

Through The Veil Of Time

Chapter 32. The End of the Day

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/29227.html

for those who prefer reading on fanfiction.net

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3023375/32/

Warning: the latter half of this chapter might be considered not work safe....

Enjoy!

Leslie
MaineWriter
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:41:57 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Scott6373

« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2007, 01:39:24 pm »
Hell...that wasn't safe for anywhere...I'll just sit here for a while, till things have calmed down.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2007, 01:58:29 pm »
Update!

Through The Veil Of Time

Chapter 32. The End of the Day

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/29227.html

for those who prefer reading on fanfiction.net

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3023375/32/

Warning: the latter half of this chapter might be considered not work safe....

Enjoy!

Leslie
MaineWriter

Finally! LOL
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2007, 01:59:09 pm »
I was just thinking this morning that I'd love a TTVOT update - and here it is - and on my lunch hour, too!  :)

You've really outdone yourself, Leslie- and that's saying something.  I loved this:

“This was quite a day,” he said. “You happy?”

I love that that was Ennis's first thought - Jack's happiness!   And we know Ennis's happiness is always first in Jack's mind, too.

How wonderfully loving and generous of Jack to think of K.E. staying on - what a bittersweet reunion Ennis has had with him.

Hell...that wasn't safe for anywhere...I'll just sit here for a while, till things have calmed down.

I think Scott said that best.  Hawt Damn - love when those boys break out the toys!

Thank you!!!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2007, 02:21:08 pm »
My heart just sped up...

Jack smiled up at Ennis. “Well, thanks, babe. Remember the first time?”
“Up on Brokeback? Sure, I’ll never forget.”
“I walked into that tent and you were sittin’ there naked…you looked so young.”
“We were young…just two kids, forced ta grow up fast.”
Jack brushed his hand along Ennis’s jaw, letting it slide down onto his shoulder. “I had wanted ta blow ya for days, and I was too fuckin’ scared ta ask…and then, ya told me with yer eyes…”
“Our eyes did a lot of the talkin’ in the old days…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leslie!!! :)

Okay, either I'm totally crazy, or "your boys" just did a mini flashback to "my boys." hehehe So, if I am crazy, just ignore me and read on to the next comment from the next reader. lol But if I'm not crazy, let me tell what you just did! :)

For just a moment, reading your story, I got to have something I'll never be able to write. Just for a moment, I got to see my J & E older and together and happy, because it felt so right that the two stories were tied together. :) :) :) So you gave me something I'll never be able to write myself.
I got a glimpse of the happy ending. :)

That probably makes no sense at all. lol
But I feel like you just connected our two stories.

( ~~~ I wish I could do what you do ~~~~ I wish I could write an AU and give them what they deserve )

But you did it for me. Thank you! :)

Love ya, sweetie!

C*
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2007, 02:22:33 pm »
Hey C* it was a shout out to your story because I read it, and read it, and read it again...and that last part, that seventh day, I couldn't get it out of my head. And it was so perfect and so wonderful that I figured on this wonderful day, they'd remember that wonderful day...

I meant it as a compliment, sweetie...glad you took it that way!

Love ya back,

Leslie
xo

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2007, 02:27:35 pm »
Hey C* it was a shout out to your story because I read it, and read it, and read it again...and that last part, that seventh day, I couldn't get it out of my head. And it was so perfect and so wonderful that I figured on this wonderful day, they'd remember that wonderful day...

I meant it as a compliment, sweetie...glad you took it that way!

Love ya back,

Leslie
xo

YAY!!!    I'm not totally crazy!    hehehe   
(Just a little bit obsessed with our boys maybe...but hardly crazy.   ;)  )     lol

That was the highest compliment sweetie, especially coming from you.
You know how much I love your story.   :D

Thanks again.   I'm gonna be grinning all day.    :D

C*
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx