Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 86161 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2007, 04:58:24 pm »
Hey, I've had my HAWT avatar for months now and certain cowboys insist that it stay.... ;)

I have always said, City Slickers was one of my favorite Jack movies!

L

Don't you go changing your avatar on me now...HAWT is still good.

Maybe Jake was dreaming of cowboys, too.

Offline haunted_by_bbm

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "didn't know we was gonna get into this again..."
    • Panels of the Dream: Brokeback Mountain Stories
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2007, 05:19:38 pm »
Thanks, C*.

I'll bet some people find it annoying, nodding and nodding like it does, but I think it's cute.  (I'm sure you know it's from "City Slickers".)

Paul

Oh yes, I love that movie.   :)   Jake's  FIRST cowboy movie.   lol
Jake was the cutest little 10-year-old on the planet back then.   ;)
(And now, he's the cutest 26-year-old on the planet)   hehehe

A few months after I saw BBM for the first time, I bought a copy of "City Slickers" and enjoyed it again, hadn't watched it in years.  So then, for fun, the next time a conversation came up about Jake's movies, I slyly said,  "Oh, yeah...liked that 'cowboy one.'   I paused...and then said "City Slickers."    Everybody looked at me like  'WTF.'   LOL     I think most of the people in that room had forgotten that Jake was in that movie.   Or maybe, they never even knew.  But I've sort of been following the work of the entire Gyllenhaal clan since the late 80's.    ;)   

I hope you never change your avatar.   ;)

C* 

"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2007, 02:12:55 pm »
Everyone, or anyone who is interested...

I have finished my final edit of Through The Veil of Time. It is all formatted with page numbers, running heads, and a table of contents. I also have a cover, with art by my friend Lucise. The files are in Word and the cover is a jpeg. You could print it yourself or take it to a copy store and have it printed and bound.

If there are readers out there who would like the files, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send them right off to you.

A few people have asked already and yes, I did the same thing for A Love Born From Steel, so you want those files, too, just ask.

Enjoy!

Leslie
MaineWriter
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 02:43:20 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #303 on: March 09, 2007, 11:21:18 am »
*raises hand*

:)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2007, 06:13:44 am »
Interesting little side note, I received this email from a reader:

I live in a Dallas suburb and drove south on I-45.  I drove out on some country roads and state hiways around Ennis and saw some beautiful fields of bluebonnets.   Leaving Ennis southbound on I-45 there,as big as life, is a sign saying next exit is Alma.  Then I left I-45 at Corsicana on SR 31 toward Waco.  About 10 miles out of Corsicana is the Lazy L Ranch.  I almost ran off the road turning to look at the sign.  Also Heath TX is located in Rockwall county just east of Dallas

Who knew?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2007, 12:01:50 pm »
Interesting little side note, I received this email from a reader:

I live in a Dallas suburb and drove south on I-45.  I drove out on some country roads and state hiways around Ennis and saw some beautiful fields of bluebonnets.   Leaving Ennis southbound on I-45 there,as big as life, is a sign saying next exit is Alma.  Then I left I-45 at Corsicana on SR 31 toward Waco.  About 10 miles out of Corsicana is the Lazy L Ranch.  I almost ran off the road turning to look at the sign.  Also Heath TX is located in Rockwall county just east of Dallas

Who knew?

L

That is too funny.    ;D
I wonder if Annie knew about "Ennis" and "Alma" when she first wrote the story.   ;)
"The room stank of semen and smoke and sweat and whiskey, of old carpet and sour hay, saddle leather, shit and cheap soap.  Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts..." – Annie Proulx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2007, 01:14:15 pm »
That is too funny.    ;D
I wonder if Annie knew about "Ennis" and "Alma" when she first wrote the story.   ;)

Go see the drabblefest thread for speculation on that...and what might have been! LOL

L

Offline haunted_by_bbm

« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2007, 01:51:53 pm »
Go see the drabblefest thread for speculation on that...and what might have been! LOL

L

Yep, already read it.   ;)   lol     
C*    ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2007, 05:21:04 am »
I reread TTVOT lately. I had some quiet days, took my printed out copy that Leslie gave to me, and made it though the whole book in two days. That's how I had wanted to read it: in (more or less) one go. It was great delving into the world of Quannah again. It was a different (and for me even more enjoyable) reading experience than always having to wait for the next chapter. I enjoyed Leslie's older, wiser and mature boys so much, especially her Ennis (no wonder, I've always been an Ennis girl  ). This is truly how I wish it would have been, and for the greatest part how I think it could have been.
Thank you Leslie, once again, for giving us this story.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2007, 07:50:41 am »
I reread TTVOT lately. I had some quiet days, took my printed out copy that Leslie gave to me, and made it though the whole book in two days. That's how I had wanted to read it: in (more or less) one go. It was great delving into the world of Quannah again. It was a different (and for me even more enjoyable) reading experience than always having to wait for the next chapter. I enjoyed Leslie's older, wiser and mature boys so much, especially her Ennis (no wonder, I've always been an Ennis girl  ). This is truly how I wish it would have been, and for the greatest part how I think it could have been.
Thank you Leslie, once again, for giving us this story.

Thank you, Chrissi for this lovely compliment!

L