Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 85917 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2007, 01:56:19 am »
I reread TTVOT lately. I had some quiet days, took my printed out copy that Leslie gave to me, and made it though the whole book in two days. That's how I had wanted to read it: in (more or less) one go. It was great delving into the world of Quannah again. It was a different (and for me even more enjoyable) reading experience than always having to wait for the next chapter. I enjoyed Leslie's older, wiser and mature boys so much, especially her Ennis (no wonder, I've always been an Ennis girl  ). This is truly how I wish it would have been, and for the greatest part how I think it could have been.
Thank you Leslie, once again, for giving us this story.

What can I say Chrissi? Great minds think alike, hunh?  :) I've been rereading TTVOT (the copy Leslie gave me) lately too. I've read it in small chunks, a few chapters at a time. It's great to be back at the Lazy L. Just this morning I read the 'Billy Jarret' chapter, where Billy says to Ennis 'I want to have a traditional life, I just want it with a man'. To me, that's one of the great lines in this story.

I love the banter between them (the cooking, the painting job, the piercing  ;D) and how confident they feel about their love for each other, and admitting it so freely. You're right Chrissi, this really is how it should have been...

thank you Leslie!  :-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #311 on: July 05, 2008, 11:16:08 am »
A day late, but....

Happy Anniversary, Jack and Ennis!  Hope it was a great day for the two of you  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline rlh03

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2008, 01:36:58 pm »
tells me I'm not authorized to read.  How does one get authorized? ???

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #313 on: July 22, 2008, 01:47:40 pm »
tells me I'm not authorized to read.  How does one get authorized? ???

Hi RLH,

I am working on originalizing A Love Born From Steel and Through The Veil of Time...hopefully ALBFS will be published as an ebook very soon. While this is in process, I have locked the stories on my LJ.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline rlh03

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2008, 05:51:40 pm »
thanks.  I envy those who were able to read it before.  Do you have a time period we can watch for?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2008, 09:03:35 pm »
thanks.  I envy those who were able to read it before.  Do you have a time period we can watch for?

Hi RLH,

I sent you a PM.

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2008, 12:03:18 am »
I'm reading ALBFS - again-a chapter before bed every night. It settles me and puts me to sleep with the love of E&J on my mind.

I took my printed, bound copy to the beach yesterday and the friend I was with just laughed at me cuz it's a big-ass binder  ;D
 O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #317 on: September 08, 2008, 01:19:59 am »
I'm reading ALBFS - again-a chapter before bed every night. It settles me and puts me to sleep with the love of E&J on my mind.

I took my printed, bound copy to the beach yesterday and the friend I was with just laughed at me cuz it's a big-ass binder  ;D
 O0

Ah, thank you Roux. I am still working on getting the original version of ALBFS published. I still have edits and unfortunately, I forgot to bring the Word file with me to Switzerland (not that I would have had time to work on it anyway) so I won't be back to it til October. Sorry :-(

L

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:36 pm »
you want me to send it to you?

Heathen

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2008, 01:53:53 am »
you want me to send it to you?

Hey Rouxb, Leslie's coming over this weekend, so if she wants to work on the story, she can use the file on my computer.

But, somehow.....I doubt she'll do any writing this weekend, you know how it goes, once we get to talking and drinking and all.  ;D  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'