Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY!!!  (Read 40827 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 10:37:55 am »
Welcome to the sixties, bud!  Your retirement plan sounds great.  Now, if I could just win the lottery, I'd join you!  8)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 05:58:40 pm »
Welcome to the sixties, bud!  Your retirement plan sounds great.  Now, if I could just win the lottery, I'd join you!  8)

:laugh: Thanks for the welcome, Meryl.   :-*  Here in Oz it's referred to as "The Third Age," which I guess is supposed to sound like a positive thing, but all it conjures up for me is images of walking frames and hearing aids!  ;)   :laugh:  However, as my dear old Mum used to say, "Every age has it's compensations," and I know already from experience that the Third Age is no exception. I'm enjoying it already!  :D   It'll certainly be lovely to not have to put up with petty office politics any more. Bliss! :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 06:30:22 pm »
Ooops I´m late!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KERRY!!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY!!!!
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY!!!

Happy Birthday Kerry! I hope you have a wonderfully happy and safe birthday, surrounded by your loved ones and lots of tasty birthday cake too! :-* :-*

Thanks for being such a wonderful Brokie, Bettermostian and friend! :D

Thank you for your lovely birthday wishes, David.   :-*  That looks like my kinda party!   :D  And boy-oh-boy am I partying! Who knew I'd ever reach this great age!  ;)   :laugh:  But as I have, I intend to enjoy it! And no more office egos to contend with is going to be wonderful!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 06:38:36 pm »
If it was today then happy belated.  If it is tomorrow, then I hope you have a good one!

These time zones... ;)

Ooops I´m late!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KERRY!!

Thank you kindly for your lovely birthday wishes!  :-*   :-*

No-one's late! My birthday is not until next Tuesday.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 09:26:10 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY!
Yeah, that looks like a lot of Aussies I know......wow Kerry what a milestone and a whole new way of life. Congratulations on your retirement, it wont be long and you will wonder how you ever had time to work. Enjoy it...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 10:04:51 pm »
Yeah, that looks like a lot of Aussies I know......wow Kerry what a milestone and a whole new way of life. Congratulations on your retirement, it wont be long and you will wonder how you ever had time to work. Enjoy it...

Thank you kindly, Sue. I have so many plans and am looking forward to my exciting new life.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2009, 01:48:28 am »
Happy Birthday, Kerry  and do not forget to apply for your Seniors Card.
Here anybody over 60 and not working more than 20 hours per week (you can be a millionaire) can obtain a seniors card. There are various concessions at different outlets such as movie houses (and free coffee with any purchase at Macdonalds :-) but the best thing of all is you pay just $2.50 and can travel all day on Sydney's public transport. I think Kerry and the others were jealous of my free ferry trip to Manly with Chuck. As I live 80 km from the city, a 2 hour train ride, I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and have been using it for over 5 years (yes I am very old, Kerry is still a youngster).

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2009, 02:30:08 am »
Happy Birthday, Kerry  and do not forget to apply for your Seniors Card.
Here anybody over 60 and not working more than 20 hours per week (you can be a millionaire) can obtain a seniors card. There are various concessions at different outlets such as movie houses (and free coffee with any purchase at Macdonalds :-) but the best thing of all is you pay just $2.50 and can travel all day on Sydney's public transport. I think Kerry and the others were jealous of my free ferry trip to Manly with Chuck. As I live 80 km from the city, a 2 hour train ride, I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and have been using it for over 5 years (yes I am very old, Kerry is still a youngster).

Thank you for your birthday wishes, Brian. Alas, I won't be able to get my Seniors Card until the end of 2010. I'll be on paid Long Service Leave until then. But come 2011, I'll be applying for my Seniors Card sure enough.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 03:47:04 am »
H A P P Y  60TH  B I R T H D A Y  K E R R Y  ! ! !

An Italian song for you:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkJJkN01FB8[/youtube]

:-*
BbM, I swear