Author Topic: Why did Mrs. Twist (Jack's mother) and MrTwist (his father) let Ennis have shirt  (Read 10739 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
          Why did Mrs. Twist (Jack's mother), and Mr. Twist (his father) let Ennis have Jack's shirt ... jacket                  ??

Offline Artiste

There must be many questions and answers to this: Why did Mrs. Twist (Jack's mother) and Mr. Twist (his father) let Ennis have Jack's (their son's) shirt/jacket ?

Offline Artiste

To-day, I'll like to know...

and see your findings !!

Offline Artiste

Anyone?

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
Artiste, From my perspective I dont think Mr Twist saw Ennis bag the shirt.
Mrs Twist, well I think she let Ennis have it cause she saw his love for Jack.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
I think she was waiting for someone to come and pick them up. I think Mrs Twist sending Ennis up to Jack´s room was a test of sorts. Kinda like "if you´re the right person, if you´re the One, then you´ll recognise the shirts."

I don´t think Mr Twist knew about the shirts. Even if he would have seen them, I don´t think he would have understood their significance

I often think about what happened to those shirts after Ennis died. They are the last proof of what Ennis and Jack had together. I sure hope they weren´t thrown away.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Yeah, I think Mrs Twist was very glad Ennis found the shirts.  She probably knew somewhat the story behind them, and was real glad to see Ennis find them and want to take them.

John Twist couldn't care less about the shirts..

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.

I often think about what happened to those shirts after Ennis died. They are the last proof of what Ennis and Jack had together. I sure hope they weren´t thrown away.

Of course, Junior kept them. She was "junior" after all, his heir, and she understood him better than ennione...except Jack, of course.

You're right about Ma Twist knowing about the shirts. If she actually crease ironed Jack's jeans, then he would need to tell her not to touch the bloodstained shirts, and why.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Wow, your posts sure all are interesting!

They do, in some ways, pose more questions than I do, maybe, and that is good.

How would Mrs. Twist (Jack's mother) know that those items were in Jack's (her son's) room?

Did she know that they were there, since they seemed to have been hidden by Jack ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
How would Mrs. Twist (Jack's mother) know that those items were in Jack's (her son's) room?

Did she know that they were there, since they seemed to have been hidden by Jack ?

Well, I think she knew they were there because she had made it her mission to "keep his room the way it was" when he was alive. She even maintained all his clothes in the closet, clean and ironed for him. She knew the house, the room, and the closet by heart.

"chewing gum and duct tape"