Author Topic: A sudden thought  (Read 2237 times)

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
A sudden thought
« on: November 19, 2008, 04:29:45 pm »
That's right friends,

I have been away for a while from this board. Blame it on my hectic life or whatever, but in the past few months I didn't have much time to navigate through Bettermost, neither I'm afraid I will have in the foreseeable future, but still tonight I had the confirmation that my place is here, and wanted to share this with you all.

Back from a long day's work - shorter than usual, actually, as I was back home by 8pm - while having dinner watching the TV, an ad caught my attention. It was a commercial for a new Mercedes SUV, shot somewhere in the mountains, with a definite BBM atmosphere, and the music that played was, just guess it, "The Wings"! Not just a few notes, but almost half the length of the original song.

I swear that was sufficient to generate a shiver along my spine, and it was as if I was rushed by a river of cold mountain air bringing me back memories of the story and never forgotten thoughts, that simply everyday's life makes me put apart, but still stay closely guarded somewhere within my inner self. All ready to spring up whenever the right inspiration occurs.

Thoughts of my life - what it is and what it could have been -, of the movie, of the few fellow Brokies I have had the honour to personally meet (FrontRanger, Ennisdelmar, Mouk), and those I exchanged comments on these pages, everything was there, once again, a welcome and bittersweet memento of this warm and embracing private place which is Bettermost.

A huge hug to you all,

Luigi

They were two friends of mine

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: A sudden thought
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 04:38:43 pm »
What a wonderful and surprising happening! I am almost inspired to run off and test drive a Mercedes!! Grazie, friend Luigi, for sharing your BBM moment with us. Thank you for remembering Ennis and Jack and us!! And please remember to stop working and enjoy life occasionally. Did you go to Cannes this year? Take care, dear friend!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 04:46:57 pm »
Absolutely Lee!

Always thought of Mercedes as among the best drives around, and this ad makes me think even more that's true... just wondering whether the ad director is a BBM fan as well. Maybe he/she's even a BM resident :) ;D

Not been to Cannes though plan to be in Nice for a weekend in mid Dec. and then for a slightly longer stay at the beginning of next year. Waiting to see ya around here! Take care,

Luigi
They were two friends of mine

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 07:50:08 pm »
You speak of the moments that bring the beauty of BbM flooding back to you. Your post did that for me.

rouxb

Heathen

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:47 pm »

This subject has been just one more instances lately.  Where Heath has come to mind in my minds eye.  I have found myself
tearing up several times lately.  I feel like it is BBM over and over and over..  Im not sure if its a good or a bad thing??
    Interesting to see how long, a little movie, that noone ever thought would go very far.  Has such a tremendous impact on
so many lives, even this long after the opening.

Beautiful mind