Author Topic: OK, so I just watched "Highway"...  (Read 3013 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
OK, so I just watched "Highway"...
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:39:57 pm »
...and it was really, really bad.

I do believe I've missed my true calling.  I shoulda been a script doctor.

I'd have had Amy Cairnes been someone Jack had actually connected with to "Sweet Child of Mine" - i.e., Pilot just liked to tell Jack's stories because he didn't have any of his own.  And I'd have had Jack going to Seattle looking for his pilot father.  Not actually finding him, understand, because that would have been way too Hollywood of a pat ending.  And in the end, I definitely would *not* have had Pilot going back to the girl for whom he couldn't get it up.  I'd have had him saying that, but then heading instead for...  Detroit?  Yeah.  Why not?  Or Denver.  One of those D words.

Or maybe that's just me.
No more beans!

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: OK, so I just watched "Highway"...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:00:12 am »
I just watced highway a few days ago.I ordered it on ebay because I couldn't find it at the video store. I had to see it as I've seen almost everything Jake has ever been in. I was not pleased with this though. I thought the end was pretty lame and yeah why Pilot would go back to some chick he couldn't get it up for....I dunno. I liked the bit of homoeroticim between Pilot and Jared Leto though. Overall bad movie and only worth a view if you're a Gyllenhaalic(a not so exclusive club that I'm a member of).

"I did once"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:13:14 am »
Yeah.  I think they blew an opportunity, there.  It coulda been - something.  Really lame-o ending, indeed.
No more beans!

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:23:16 am »
Moonlight Mile is a much better Jake movie, they were made around the same time.
"I did once"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 12:26:29 am »
Haven't seen that one yet.  I'll have to rectify that.  :)
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 02:16:46 am »
Moonlight Mile is a much better Jake movie, they were made around the same time.

See and I couldn't sit through it...

Granted it was better then Bubble Boy but wasn't really worth it to me...

But then again I don't really have much of a Jake fettish that would justify watching 2 hours of boring cinema...not that any of you all do... ;D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 08:22:44 am »
But then again I don't really have much of a Jake fettish that would justify watching 2 hours of boring cinema...not that any of you all do... ;D

Hey, now.  You leave my Jake fetish out of this.  It keeps me warm on a lot of ... warm nights.

I haven't seen most of his movies (I didn't realize he's made, like, 25 or something).  I still haven't seen Proof, for Chrissakes.

Did you see Highway, Chris?  I'd be interested to hear your take on it.  I think it had a lot of potential, especially if they'd have let me doctor the script, but the filmmakers blew it.  I have to say that I'm not a huge Jared Leto fan, but I enjoyed him in this for the most part.  Good chemistry.  Really good.  And that's hard to come by.  It almost kind of makes me mad because it could have been a decent movie, but it's like they wimped out on it or something.  I'm trying to decide whether the screenwriter was actually homophobic or if they originally wrote it for Pilot to out himself and then some idiot test audience didn't like it.  Or maybe I'm just on glue.  It's very good glue, though...
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:24:28 am »
Did you see Highway, Chris?  I'd be interested to hear your take on it.  I think it had a lot of potential, especially if they'd have let me doctor the script, but the filmmakers blew it.  I have to say that I'm not a huge Jared Leto fan, but I enjoyed him in this for the most part.  Good chemistry.  Really good.  And that's hard to come by.  It almost kind of makes me mad because it could have been a decent movie, but it's like they wimped out on it or something.  I'm trying to decide whether the screenwriter was actually homophobic or if they originally wrote it for Pilot to out himself and then some idiot test audience didn't like it.  Or maybe I'm just on glue.  It's very good glue, though...

I saw the first few minutes but couldn't sit through it....I'll definitely check it out again...