Author Topic: If isn't that our Heath--who IS it?  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
If isn't that our Heath--who IS it?
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:19:07 am »
First look and see...

Then you think, wait a minute...

No, it isn't...is it?

It can't be--can it?

Am I crazy?

And then you blink, and shake your head--he was in Casanova?

He's even in Venice!

And although he's played an amazing gay character in a moving film, the actor is actually straight, has a fiance and who is about to have a child--wait, Matilda Rose was born last year--WHO is this?

No, it isn't Heath Ledger--he's his Italian Doppelganger, and his name is Stefano Accorsi--

If you get a chance to see his wonderful movie 'His Secret Life' (Italian title 'Le Fate Ignoranti,' or the 'Ignorant Fairies' by the Turkish writer-director Ferzan Ozpetak, also written and directed 'Steam/The Turkish Bath') I think you will definitely feel this is 'Mandatory Viewing!'

"...The film is lovely and touching....The acting is impeccable, and the intentions are serious and noble..." -- A. O. Scott, New York Times 09/20/2002

"...Impressive....[A] perceptive probe into the complexities and ambiguities of sexual identity....This graceful and wise film moves to its denouement with subtlety and, at its end, strikes a note that seems just right for all that has gone before..." -- Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times 10/04/2002

When Antonia (Margherita Buy) loses her husband Massimo in a terrifying car accident, she is devastated. Taking care of necessary business after his death, she runs across a painting, a gift to her husband with a note attached indicating that Antonia's partner of 15 years had been indiscreet for seven of them. She tracks down his lover and finds that Massimo has been involved in a homosexual affair with a man named Michele (Stefano Accorsi). She also finds in Michele's home an adopted family of misfits who all knew and loved her deceased husband. As Antonia attempts to understand her husband's secret, she becomes accepted into this commune and also begins to have some of her own loving admirers, including Michele. Turkish director Ferzan Ozpetek (STEAM: THE TURKISH BATH) directs this touching film that places caring and understanding before judgement or anger.

Give it a try!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274497/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:03:54 am by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: If isn't that our Heath--who IS it?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 10:41:08 am »
Good Morning John!

Interesting guy you spotted there!

Maybe he is Heaths almostTwin brother separated at birth?    Keith Ledger perhaps?

;D

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:54:13 am »
That first pic, especially, looks like Heath.

and thanx for the recommendation. I keep having people telling me to see it. I loved Steam. Just put it on top of my NetFlix queue now.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 11:14:05 am »
Thanks David and Nipith!

The photographs are uncanny, don't you think? The movie ('His Secret Life') is a jewel, and the actor, Stefano Accorsi, is gorgeous. Nice to start with the day, no?

Happy Fourth, everyone!

xxxxx
John
 ;D

"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:37:24 pm »
Heh, he is quite a ringer for Heath.  Do you think "Stefano" could be Italian for "Hoss"?  ;)  ;D

(Sorry, only folks who read the Performance thread will get that...)  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 02:30:35 pm »
Hey John ...

Ya, I first saw him in the movie:  His Secret Life ... He was a gay man in this film. :)

And in that first pic you posted, he looks remarkably like Heath ...
He does have a lil Heath vibe going on ...  ;)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 02:36:28 am »
Lucise, I'm glad you liked 'His Secret Life'--I LOVED the movie, and I hope others will like it too (Nipith is putting it on his Netflix list)--

But the resemblance IS amazing, no? Between Stefano Accorsi and Heath, I mean--look again--the first photo is (guess):

Be astonished--it's Stefano Accorsi in 'Il Jeune Casanova' (2002). Separated at birth!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195587/

And of course:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402894/

--it is our Heath in Casanova (2005). Hallstrom might have taken the Italian version as inspiration, but there are so many, I suppose not...)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:42:16 am by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 12:03:33 am »
Lucise, I'm glad you liked 'His Secret Life'--I LOVED the movie, and I hope others will like it too (Nipith is putting it on his Netflix list)--

I loved the movie John.  I got the movie - Italian with English subtitles (I cant stand dubbed movies .. :) ).   And isnt it also uncanny that he and Heath have both been in Casanova movies?  :D

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 10:31:00 am »
Ooh..this is like Twilight Zone shit.... :o