Author Topic: Photos of "Brokeback Mountain"/Alberta! (ADDED MORE)  (Read 12379 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Photos of "Brokeback Mountain"/Alberta! (ADDED MORE)
« on: July 04, 2006, 02:44:07 pm »
Hey Ya'll ...

I just recently returned from my trip to Alberta/"Brokeback Mountian" and wanted to share a few of the pictures I have with everyone.  Tell you what  :) You'll never find a more beautiful place than Kananaskis Country in Alberta.  You feel like you're *inside* of the movie the entire time.  Whether you're looking for filming sites or not I highly recommend you visit the area.  For me it tops (WAY tops) the Colorado Rockies, Western Washington, and the Black Hills area!  It is so peaceful and serene.

Here are the photos I have at the moment.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/msuamber/  I'm picking up some more tomorrow and will post what I can later!  In the meantime I got the first place they met, the last place they saw each other and a bunch of the in between stuff.  All I'm really missing is the "Twist Ranch" ... if anyone has detailed directions on how to get there I'd REALLY appreciate it - the "just off of 9" deal did NOT help me one bit!  :P

I'll reply to this post later as well with some travelling tips for those who are going to visit the area!

Hope you enjoy the photos!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:16:17 pm by msuamber »
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Photos of "Brokeback Mountain"/Alberta!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 02:56:30 pm »
msuamber,

Thank you very much for sharing the pictures with us.  I am most impressed with the shot of the apartment and the stair case.  To have the poster hanging on the wall is something.  Thank you very much!

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 02:59:59 pm »
Oh, nice pictures!

I need to go there. Just... need. So beautiful.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:28:14 am »
Wow! I'm so envious! Thanks for sharing the photos!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 05:15:09 pm »
I propose we all gather there next year, the weekend of the 22nd of June, two days later, (in the story) it will be thw 40th anniversary of Jack and Ennis's reunion.

As time progresses look for other posts from me on this.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Danster

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 05:20:38 pm »
Great pics!

I'd love to check those places out someday..

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 06:57:47 pm »
Oh my...what beautiful pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them here. It would be such a bittersweet experience for me to find myself in those locations--I think Jack and Ennis would feel so hauntingly real there, and yet ever so distant. I get some of this ghostly sense of what never was and yet somehow is simply by looking at the pictures you posted.

Wistfully,
Scott
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:04:20 pm by moremojo »

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:12:39 pm »
msuamber, those pictures are great. What a wonderful idea to visit the movie locations! I'll bet you were imagining the scenes while you were there. Thanks for sharing
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:55 pm »
Great pics!!

Would you be interested in sharing them on the Brokeback "Flickr" page??

Here is the link. http://www.flickr.com/groups/13857979@N00/pool/

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:28:20 pm »
I kept having the sense that some of those structures were built as sets, but to see them actually there is great. made it more real to me. thank you for posting them, and welcome to the board.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.