Author Topic: A Holiday Survey!  (Read 24473 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: A Holiday Survey!
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 12:54:36 am »
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - both

2. Real tree or Artificial? - no tree

5. Do you like eggnog?  - YES!!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? - telescope

7 Hardest person to buy for? - wealthy friends    

8. Easiest person to buy for? - family and friends w/ Wish Lists on Amazon or who send me lists

9. Do you have a nativity scene? - no.  I don't celebrate Xmas, I celebrate Saturnalia, so I have a statue of rustic Saturn unwrapped from his woolen bonds, standing in a bowl of silver coins, with a jar of olive oil as offering.    

10. Mail or email holiday cards? - I mail cards to local friends, send e-mail cards to overseas net friends  

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? - cat litter made of shredded real dollar bills  

12. Favorite Christmas Movie/Cartoon? - How the Grinch Stole Xmas    

13. When do you start shopping for the holidays? - year round  

14. Have you ever regifted a holiday present? - all the time  

15. Favorite thing to eat at holidays? - eggnog    

16. Lights on the tree? - no tree, but do string lights around window frames  

17. Favorite holiday song? - Carol of the Bells  

18. Travel during the holidays or stay home? - stay home  

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  - Yes    

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? - mall crush.  Trying to run a simple errand to the mall like picking up a pair of stockings or buying new make up becomes an ordeal.    

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? red, purple and gold suns  

24. Favorite for holiday dinner?  Honey roasted ham    

25. What do you want for the holidays this year? - things no one will buy me, so I just enjoy whatever I get    

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 01:03:42 am »
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? 

Angel. Every year she gets a tree top up her ass. I'm thinking about giving her a break this year and using a bow up there instead. My angel is animated. She moves. She has a candle that lights up in each hand.

I guess she does move around with the way you describe her situation  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:24 am »
I guess she does move around with the way you describe her situation  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

It's funny you mention that, because one year (the year before last I think) my roommate Cory bent her arms BEHIND her and it looked like she was trying to pull the tree off. :laugh:

You'd have to see the angel to understand. She only moves her arms and her head. Her arms were going sideways behind her and her head was rotating, and it looked like she was really struggling to get it out! haha.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 01:54:42 am »
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? - cat litter made of shredded real dollar bills 

Oh God Del! You have to be kidding me!! That IS bad. I've never heard of that one before.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 08:59:33 am »
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? 

Wrapping paper. I LOVE to wrap presents. It's one of my favorite things to do. I love to wrap presents while watching a Christmas movie. I spend a lot of time on each present. Lots of ribbons and I normally tie my bows by hand. I love the solid color wrapping paper. Then I add additional color with the ribbons and bows. My favorite paper is the solid red paper (blue and green also) with a slightly shiny finish. I also love the gold and silver foil papers.

me too!! I love foil paper in solid color and use different color ribbons to dress them up!!

I knew we were twins seperated at birth!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 11:24:26 am »
6. Favorite gift received as a child?  

The puppet theater my great aunt and uncle gave me. It had a stage with curtains that opened and closed. It also had about a dozen different backgrounds and 6 marionette puppets. They were beautiful, very ornate. It probably wasn't the best thing to give a 10 year old, but I appreciated it. I wish I had it now. I'm not sure what happened to it.

You know, my third favorite actor, Ralph Fiennes was asked this same question on "Inside the Actors Studio" and answered almost identically.  It wasn't a puppet theater - it was a play theater with cut-out actors you put on little stands and move around the stage.

Just wanted to share that.  ;)
No more beans!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 01:10:08 pm »
:laugh:  :laugh:

It's funny you mention that, because one year (the year before last I think) my roommate Cory bent her arms BEHIND her and it looked like she was trying to pull the tree off. :laugh:

You'd have to see the angel to understand. She only moves her arms and her head. Her arms were going sideways behind her and her head was rotating, and it looked like she was really struggling to get it out! haha.

Well what would you move if you had a tree top there?  :laugh: Poor thing, I bet she hates Christmas. I think I would like to see a picture of her arms going sideways behind her and her head rotating. It sounds like the girl in The Exorcist.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 01:29:24 pm »
Oh God Del! You have to be kidding me!! That IS bad. I've never heard of that one before.

I have cats, so I guess as a side/minor/gag gift it would have been OK, but imagine this thing as the MAIN gift one got from this person.  I was absolutely crushed.  :P

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 01:51:54 pm »
Yum! What time are you serving?  ;)

That sounds good. Ok, guess I am headed to Germany for Christmas with Chrissi and her family  ;D

Dinner will be around 7pm on Christmas Eve and I'll put up four dishes more ;)
The guest rooms are Brokie- approved :).
The kids also.
Hubby is the cook and the dog doesn't bite.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 04:41:22 pm »

Dinner will be around 7pm on Christmas Eve and I'll put up four dishes more ;)
The guest rooms are Brokie- approved :).
The kids also.
Hubby is the cook and the dog doesn't bite.

OK, checking for flights  ;D