Author Topic: The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...  (Read 31575 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...
« on: July 05, 2006, 05:00:38 am »
Okay, so I'm a little gaga over the new Superman..  but you can kinda see why, can't you??

Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 05:01:45 am »
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 05:03:02 am »
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 05:04:10 am »
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 05:06:57 am »

*pant pant*
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 05:09:23 am »

Yep, honey, trust us... we're looking too!!!

Chut up!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:03:59 am »
Guess I'll be starting a new pic folder. ... ;D

Was hoping someone would come up with an on-line photo of him in "the suit."

Yup, he's pretty. ...  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 09:11:46 am »
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 09:12:56 am »

This line first came from "Mission Impossible I" but I feel its appropriate here too: "The package is in the open..."  ;D

*pant again*
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 09:15:02 am »

Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 09:17:02 am »

Chut up!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 09:17:57 am »
Uh-oh.  Our Sheyne's got it bad.  I feel your pain, lovey.  Just for a different American beauty.  Very nice photos, though.   ;D

I'm hoping to see Superman Returns Friday night.  Gonna see Dead Man's Chest on Saturday.  Too bad Zodiac (or Chronicle or whatever the hell it's called now) isn't out now, too - I could hit the Hottie Tri-fecta.
No more beans!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 09:18:41 am »
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 09:19:15 am »

Chut up!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 07:16:13 pm »

OMG, he so reminds me of Christopher Reeve in this pic.  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 07:44:09 pm »

OMG, have you seen the movie, Jeff?? I had so many Chris Reeve moments, its not funny...

at first glance, he could be Reeve in these pics too...

Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 10:10:03 pm »

More of the Man of Steel.. even when he wasn't so "steel-y", he was still buff and hot...   :P

Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 10:11:22 pm »
Kate Bosworth...  sheesh.. Orlando Bloom and now THIS..  always thought she was a selfish little minx..

Chut up!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 10:41:17 pm »
Hey Sheyne -

I can't say I share your opinion here exactly, but I am so chuffed with your enthusiasm for this topic.  You're really outdoing yourself.  Great to see you have a hobby!!!!

;D
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 11:03:52 pm »
OMG, have you seen the movie, Jeff?? I had so many Chris Reeve moments, its not funny...

at first glance, he could be Reeve in these pics too...

No, I haven't seen it ... yet. I rarely get to see "blockbusters."

I sort of actually feel sorry for the guy for the inevitable Christopher Reeve comparisons, but from what I've seen, at least the comparisons are favorable. Those were pretty big tights to fill.  ;)

Funny, but in these two pictures, I don't so much see Chris Reeve in the "full face" shot, but in the picture of him running. .. OMG, the likeness is incredible.  :o

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 10:19:37 am »

Yup, well Brandon did have some pretty big tights to fill but he filled them out ever so spectacularly. *pant*  Both in his physique and his ability. I haven't read one single unfavourable review and in all the ones I have read, they make the obvious comparison to Christopher Reeve. I guess having a Superman who bears a striking resemblance to the original and best makes the re-opening of the franchise infinitely more easy.

Dunno who she is, but we can have her killed...  ;)   :P
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 10:21:10 am »

For Sascha and Jeff, who keeps calling in here...

Chut up!

vkm91941

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 01:43:42 pm »
He's a cutie Sheyne, no argument here.  :o  WOW

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 04:18:59 pm »
For Sascha and Jeff, who keeps calling in here...

Aww, thanks! Mighty nice of you, little darlin'!  :)

And I've read elsewhere that there was some concern that he, er, filled those tights a little too well. ...  ;D

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 06:57:09 pm »

Actually I don't know if its one of those publicity-seeking heat missiles that get released through PR channels before a big movie comes out, but there was some "whisper" that they had to digitally reduce the size of his ... errr..  package..

Well, see for yourself:

VS

From where I sit, there's definitely more shadow on the bottom pic..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 07:38:38 pm »
Ya know sheyne, I was *ahem* watching for any 'package' money shots in 'Superman', but they did a really good job of smooooooooooothing things out, dammitall.

Yep, that underwear shot is a lot more graphic than Ka-el in his blue and red threads.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 10:46:08 pm »
Yep, that underwear shot is a lot more graphic than Ka-el in his blue and red threads.

Absolutely!  :o

However, is it just my imagination, or is the waistline of that red brief a little lower than it used to be?

I dug out an old, old still photo of Chris Reeve that I had stuck in a drawer somewhere, and I swear the waistline is higher on his costume than on Brandon's. To be fair, though, it also looks as though the brief on Chris Reeve's costume is also cut higher on the thigh than it is on Brandon's.

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 10:53:39 pm »
Ya know sheyne, I was *ahem* watching for any 'package' money shots in 'Superman', but they did a really good job of smooooooooooothing things out, dammitall.

:'( I was looking for some money shots, too, but sadly enough I couldn't find any. How dare them smooth things out!!  :'(
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 11:05:49 pm »

Indeed!  Was rather indignant myself at the digital castration... I mean for the love of all that is bulging, there was one shot where he looked positively... flat... down there..  That scene where he flies up to get a bit of strength from the sun.. the camera moved up his body and there was a shot of him from above and looking down.. NO damn bulge at all!!  I'm like, what are they wanting to turn him into a woman??

But thanks to my net trawling, we have a package shot, in AAAAALL its glory...

What the hang, I'll post it again..  ;D ;D

and this one for good measure, although its not as good an angle..  I just look at his thumbs in this shot and keep thinking "that's right, pull them DOWN"  :P
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 11:13:22 pm »
Absolutely!  :o

However, is it just my imagination, or is the waistline of that red brief a little lower than it used to be?

I dug out an old, old still photo of Chris Reeve that I had stuck in a drawer somewhere, and I swear the waistline is higher on his costume than on Brandon's. To be fair, though, it also looks as though the brief on Chris Reeve's costume is also cut higher on the thigh than it is on Brandon's.

No, its not your imagination at all, Jeff.  Here's a comparison of the two boys in their blue threads:

Chris Reeve's pants are clearly higher on the waist and higher cut on the thigh.  But look at underwear back then, compared with now... With everything being "hipster" and "boy leg" these days, Brandon's were always going to reflect current fashion...

Brandon also has a far smaller "S" on his chest and its made of rubber...  *oooh boy...think unsexy thoughts...think unsexy thoughts*  ;D
Chut up!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 11:29:44 pm »
Indeed!  Was rather indignant myself at the digital castration... I mean for the love of all that is bulging, there was one shot where he looked positively... flat... down there..  That scene where he flies up to get a bit of strength from the sun.. the camera moved up his body and there was a shot of him from above and looking down.. NO damn bulge at all!!  I'm like, what are they wanting to turn him into a woman??

Big blue Smurf.   8)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 11:34:39 pm »
Brandon also has a far smaller "S" on his chest and its made of rubber...  *oooh boy...think unsexy thoughts...think unsexy thoughts*  ;D

Sheyne,

I can tell your frustration from your new avatar.  I bet you were looking at Brandon's picture at the time.  ;D

I have not watched the film, so can't say that I share your enthusiasm.  He is very handsome in the pictures.  Thanks for posting them!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 12:41:56 am »

Jenny, believe me when I say, it was my PLEASURE.. :-*

Here's anotherie...

*dies*
Chut up!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 12:05:52 pm »
No, its not your imagination at all, Jeff.  Here's a comparison of the two boys in their blue threads:

Chris Reeve's pants are clearly higher on the waist and higher cut on the thigh.  But look at underwear back then, compared with now... With everything being "hipster" and "boy leg" these days, Brandon's were always going to reflect current fashion...

Ooooh, Sheyne, you're my heroine! Thanks for finding and posting that color pic of Chris Reeve!

Actually, "back then," I was wearing bikini briefs that were cut way lower and way higher than the brief part of Chris Reeve's costume. I also had the figger to wear them.  ;D OK, OK, I know, too much sharing. ...

Here's a "digital castration" story for you. Actually, I guess it predates "digital." Anyway, about 20-odd years ago, I remember seeing a photo in a men's clothing catalogue advertising a pair of full-length running tights. You could easily tell that the model had, er, been "blessed." The next issue of the catalogue had the same photo of the same model in the same pair of tights--except that the bulge had mysteriously disappeared! Except, again, if you looked really, really closely at the page--trust me, I did--you could see a "ghost" of the crotch bulge!  :o

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 09:59:10 am »

That's pretty funny, Jeff..  :laugh: :laugh:   And no probs whatsoever in finding the Chris Reeve pic.  Just do a search in Google Images "Christopher Reeve as Superman"..  there are some truly beautiful pictures of him. I chose the one that's on here, obviously cause we wanted to compare the red briefs.  But there's some gorgeous face and upper body shots of him. My god, he was a beautiful man in his day. His story is unbelievably sad and when they eventually make a movie about his life - and they will, they have to - I hope Brandon Routh is still young enough to play him. He'd do a fabulous job. Just IMO, of course!  :P

Another pic for the hell of it..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2006, 12:23:48 pm »
That's pretty funny, Jeff..  :laugh: :laugh:   And no probs whatsoever in finding the Chris Reeve pic.  Just do a search in Google Images "Christopher Reeve as Superman"..  there are some truly beautiful pictures of him. I chose the one that's on here, obviously cause we wanted to compare the red briefs.  But there's some gorgeous face and upper body shots of him. My god, he was a beautiful man in his day. His story is unbelievably sad and when they eventually make a movie about his life - and they will, they have to - I hope Brandon Routh is still young enough to play him. He'd do a fabulous job. Just IMO, of course!  :P

Another pic for the hell of it..  ;D

Thanks, Sweetie!

Good idea for Brandon to do a biopic. He was beautiful. Ever see Somewhere in Time--Chris and Jane Seymour, circa 1980? I turn to utter and complete mush watching the two of them together.

It is an unbelieveably sad story--and for his wife Dana to die less than a year after him. I hope their son has a good support network. Poor kid. ...  :'(

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 08:39:19 am »
Thanks, Sweetie!

No problemo!  ;D

Good idea for Brandon to do a biopic. He was beautiful. Ever see Somewhere in Time--Chris and Jane Seymour, circa 1980? I turn to utter and complete mush watching the two of them together.

YES!  I loved that show!  Couldn't remember whether it was a mini-series or a movie cause I was only about 7 or 8 when it was screened here but i thought it was such a beautiful romantic story.

It is an unbelieveably sad story--and for his wife Dana to die less than a year after him. I hope their son has a good support network. Poor kid. ...  :'(

I know!  And I reckon Chris's life would make a great film. He had a very interesting life and he was quite a brilliant and intelligent man. It was an absolute tragedy what happened to him. And that poor kid, oh my god. I sure hope he has lovely people around him to help him grow up as his parents would have wanted him to.

another pic..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 08:00:25 pm »
This morning I was out doing some shopping-type errands, and I passed by the Kay-Bee toy store in the mall. Just inside the door they had a life-size cardboard cutout of Brandon as Superman, and I said to myself, "That really needs to be in my bedroom!"  ;D

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2006, 02:16:07 am »
Oh, Jeff, I understand!  I was in a store and stopped at the sight of some new Superman figures--  the kind that are maybe almost a foot tall and they talk and do a couple other things...  I don't know, I forget, because I was standing there in the store, inappropriately fondling the plastic Superman pecs, abs, thighs, calves, and everything else of steel.   ::)

"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2006, 09:42:25 am »
I guess I'm a bit of a purist.  He's a lovely, lovely young man.  But Christopher Reeve will always be the only Superman for me.  Unless, of course, Jake had played him.  (I seriously think he'd have totally gotten the humor of Clark Kent, would have slicked his hair down and dorkified himself appropriately and the whole nine yards.  Sigh.  Another one of my great ideas that never come to pass...)
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2006, 11:07:23 am »
Oh, Jeff, I understand!  I was in a store and stopped at the sight of some new Superman figures--  the kind that are maybe almost a foot tall and they talk and do a couple other things...  I don't know, I forget, because I was standing there in the store, inappropriately fondling the plastic Superman pecs, abs, thighs, calves, and everything else of steel.   ::)

Tell you what, I've tempted to buy me one of them action figures. ...  ;D

"Everything else of steel"? Reminds me of a New Yorker cartoon. Superman is standing on a street corner. Next to him is a little old lady in a hat and eyeglasses who is sort of looking behind him. And Superman says to the LOL, "Why, yes, I guess they are 'buns of steel.'"  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2006, 11:08:52 am »
I guess I'm a bit of a purist.  He's a lovely, lovely young man.  But Christopher Reeve will always be the only Superman for me.  Unless, of course, Jake had played him.  (I seriously think he'd have totally gotten the humor of Clark Kent, would have slicked his hair down and dorkified himself appropriately and the whole nine yards.  Sigh.  Another one of my great ideas that never come to pass...)

Barb, of course I agree with you about Chris. And "they" never ask us about our good ideas, do "they"?  ???