Author Topic: The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...  (Read 31437 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 10:19:37 am »

Yup, well Brandon did have some pretty big tights to fill but he filled them out ever so spectacularly. *pant*  Both in his physique and his ability. I haven't read one single unfavourable review and in all the ones I have read, they make the obvious comparison to Christopher Reeve. I guess having a Superman who bears a striking resemblance to the original and best makes the re-opening of the franchise infinitely more easy.

Dunno who she is, but we can have her killed...  ;)   :P
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 10:21:10 am »

For Sascha and Jeff, who keeps calling in here...

Chut up!

vkm91941

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 01:43:42 pm »
He's a cutie Sheyne, no argument here.  :o  WOW

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 04:18:59 pm »
For Sascha and Jeff, who keeps calling in here...

Aww, thanks! Mighty nice of you, little darlin'!  :)

And I've read elsewhere that there was some concern that he, er, filled those tights a little too well. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 06:57:09 pm »

Actually I don't know if its one of those publicity-seeking heat missiles that get released through PR channels before a big movie comes out, but there was some "whisper" that they had to digitally reduce the size of his ... errr..  package..

Well, see for yourself:

VS

From where I sit, there's definitely more shadow on the bottom pic..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 07:38:38 pm »
Ya know sheyne, I was *ahem* watching for any 'package' money shots in 'Superman', but they did a really good job of smooooooooooothing things out, dammitall.

Yep, that underwear shot is a lot more graphic than Ka-el in his blue and red threads.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 10:46:08 pm »
Yep, that underwear shot is a lot more graphic than Ka-el in his blue and red threads.

Absolutely!  :o

However, is it just my imagination, or is the waistline of that red brief a little lower than it used to be?

I dug out an old, old still photo of Chris Reeve that I had stuck in a drawer somewhere, and I swear the waistline is higher on his costume than on Brandon's. To be fair, though, it also looks as though the brief on Chris Reeve's costume is also cut higher on the thigh than it is on Brandon's.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 10:53:39 pm »
Ya know sheyne, I was *ahem* watching for any 'package' money shots in 'Superman', but they did a really good job of smooooooooooothing things out, dammitall.

:'( I was looking for some money shots, too, but sadly enough I couldn't find any. How dare them smooth things out!!  :'(
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 11:05:49 pm »

Indeed!  Was rather indignant myself at the digital castration... I mean for the love of all that is bulging, there was one shot where he looked positively... flat... down there..  That scene where he flies up to get a bit of strength from the sun.. the camera moved up his body and there was a shot of him from above and looking down.. NO damn bulge at all!!  I'm like, what are they wanting to turn him into a woman??

But thanks to my net trawling, we have a package shot, in AAAAALL its glory...

What the hang, I'll post it again..  ;D ;D

and this one for good measure, although its not as good an angle..  I just look at his thumbs in this shot and keep thinking "that's right, pull them DOWN"  :P
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 11:13:22 pm »
Absolutely!  :o

However, is it just my imagination, or is the waistline of that red brief a little lower than it used to be?

I dug out an old, old still photo of Chris Reeve that I had stuck in a drawer somewhere, and I swear the waistline is higher on his costume than on Brandon's. To be fair, though, it also looks as though the brief on Chris Reeve's costume is also cut higher on the thigh than it is on Brandon's.

No, its not your imagination at all, Jeff.  Here's a comparison of the two boys in their blue threads:

Chris Reeve's pants are clearly higher on the waist and higher cut on the thigh.  But look at underwear back then, compared with now... With everything being "hipster" and "boy leg" these days, Brandon's were always going to reflect current fashion...

Brandon also has a far smaller "S" on his chest and its made of rubber...  *oooh boy...think unsexy thoughts...think unsexy thoughts*  ;D
Chut up!