Author Topic: The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...  (Read 31439 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2006, 11:07:23 am »
Oh, Jeff, I understand!  I was in a store and stopped at the sight of some new Superman figures--  the kind that are maybe almost a foot tall and they talk and do a couple other things...  I don't know, I forget, because I was standing there in the store, inappropriately fondling the plastic Superman pecs, abs, thighs, calves, and everything else of steel.   ::)

Tell you what, I've tempted to buy me one of them action figures. ...  ;D

"Everything else of steel"? Reminds me of a New Yorker cartoon. Superman is standing on a street corner. Next to him is a little old lady in a hat and eyeglasses who is sort of looking behind him. And Superman says to the LOL, "Why, yes, I guess they are 'buns of steel.'"  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The Brandon Routh Appreciation Thread...
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2006, 11:08:52 am »
I guess I'm a bit of a purist.  He's a lovely, lovely young man.  But Christopher Reeve will always be the only Superman for me.  Unless, of course, Jake had played him.  (I seriously think he'd have totally gotten the humor of Clark Kent, would have slicked his hair down and dorkified himself appropriately and the whole nine yards.  Sigh.  Another one of my great ideas that never come to pass...)

Barb, of course I agree with you about Chris. And "they" never ask us about our good ideas, do "they"?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.