Author Topic: Ennis bathing?  (Read 5117 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Ennis bathing?
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:56:29 pm »
Did something happen to the tread?

Just wanted to say that before they traded herdsman and tender jobs I'm sure Jack would have washed up in front of Ennis and was likely not shy about it. Before they traded there was not a part of Jack Ennis hadn't notice or seen.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Ennis bathing?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 11:22:51 pm »
Did something happen to the tread?

Just wanted to say that before they traded herdsman and tender jobs I'm sure Jack would have washed up in front of Ennis and was likely not shy about it. Before they traded there was not a part of Jack Ennis hadn't notice or seen.

I never thought about this  ;)  Jack was more open, outgoing and wouldn't think twice about bathing in front of Ennis, IMO.  In fact, Jack was falling in love, he wanted Ennis and would have flaunted his beauty.  Jack wanted Ennis to notice him, to want him.  After awhile, I'm convinced Ennis was becoming attracted to jack and wanted Jack to see what he had to offer.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 01:54:54 am »
Mark,

i couldn't see by my eyes whether Jack stole a look at Ennis when he took a bath... damn. anything hppen?

the thing with Mr. Lee is that whatever he makes a scene is usually meaningfull. foolish me

"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:03:40 am »
Mark,

i couldn't see by my eyes whether Jack stole a look at Ennis when he took a bath... damn. anything hppen?

the thing with Mr. Lee is that whatever he makes a scene is usually meaningfull. foolish me

If you look real quick you can see Jack move his eyes to look, just a blink.

did you see/ hear Ennsi say" I love you" in Jack's closet?
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
Re: I love you scene
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 10:38:33 pm »
No...!!!!
i put my face few cm by the screen, upper the volume till 58 or 60 something and could get it.........

:'(

i am so unlucky..
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 11:39:48 pm »
When Ennis is holding the shirts up to his face he breaths in. As he exhales, you see/ hear him say " I love you", And then the scene goes to the kitchen to Mrs. Twist.

Mark

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 05:40:57 pm »
Hey, Mark, the place to find out all about the mysterious "I Love YOu" is right here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2401.0
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 04:45:40 pm »
No doubt you are all right about Jack bathing in front of Ennis. But did he? He didn't seem to be near as fastidious as Ennis, and perhaps a little soapy water in a cup for shaving was all he needed. In the story, there were a couple of references to Jack being rather -- aromatic too. Since he was shown with stinky sheep draped all over him in the movie, I wish this were not so, but I don't think he warshed everything he could reach!!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 05:09:08 pm »
No doubt you are all right about Jack bathing in front of Ennis. But did he? He didn't seem to be near as fastidious as Ennis, and perhaps a little soapy water in a cup for shaving was all he needed. In the story, there were a couple of references to Jack being rather -- aromatic too. Since he was shown with stinky sheep draped all over him in the movie, I wish this were not so, but I don't think he warshed everything he could reach!!

Lol.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 03:45:19 pm »
Hey Anke, who is that cavalier gentleman in yr avatar, and what is he saying??

I love that scene in the movie that is depicted in post #1 above. First of all, look how Jack's and Ennis's hats are inclined towards each other and almost touching. The beautiful flowing yin/yang line of their hats, that echoes the DVD cover art. Then, when you watch the scene, it is so beautiful how the smoky exhalation of Jack's reaches out and swirls around the blurry figure of Ennis and envelopes it. Its also beautiful how the sound is orchestrated, so that the splashing of the water comes at the same time as Jack's breath swirls around Ennis. It is just a lyrical visual ballet.