Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858873 times)

Offline libertine

• Don't Say Much
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1110 on: July 22, 2008, 02:33:37 am »
hehe,nice to meet you,too.
and are you American?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1111 on: July 22, 2008, 03:51:46 am »
Hi, everybody.
I'm a Chinese graduate boy,i finished my senior middle school this year`~
I like watching American movies,really like them.
Hope to make more friends..

Welcome to Bettermost Libertine! My name is David. I'm glad you decided to join our forum! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1112 on: July 22, 2008, 01:51:13 pm »
hehe,nice to meet you,too.
and are you American?

No I'm from Scotland.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jenword

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1113 on: August 05, 2008, 11:40:14 pm »
Hello, my name if Jen, I'm 32 yrs. old. I live in So. Cal, about 20 miles outside of L.A.  I just watched Brokeback for the very first time less than two weeks ago, and it's fair to say I'm nearly obsessed with it!!  I've seen it 6 times at this point, including in the theatre last night at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater. I think there were some bettermost folks there, but I didn't meet any of them. I've bought the movie on DVD, own the soundtrack, and LOVE it as well. I've since been spending a fair amount of time on findingbrokeback.com, and drooling over images of Wyoming, the state of Wyoming tourist website, etc. I'm so obsessed, I'm daydreaming about moving to Wyoming when I retire, and live in a little trailer, and spend weeks on end every year just camping out in the woods and mountains! That movie was just so beautiful. Anyway, now I probably sound a little weird to people, so that's all for now!! I'm glad I'm here!!  :)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #1114 on: August 05, 2008, 11:50:47 pm »
Hi Jenword.  Welcome to Bettermost.  You have come to the right place.   You are not weird at all!   There have been many Brokies who have gone to Wyoming to see the places Annie Proulx wrote about in the short story.  Several have gone to Calgary in Alberta where the film was shot.  Enjoy yourself here.  Look around.  Your are welcome here!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1115 on: August 06, 2008, 12:14:58 am »
Welcome to Bettermost Jenword! It's sounds like you caught "Brokeback Mountain Fever" just like the rest of us did! I remember seeing the movie several times at the theater, and then watching it over and over and OVER again once the DVD was released for sale. At one point I had the movie memorized and I could actually close my eyes and "watch" the entire movie in my mind. Pretty bad, huh? ;)

I'm glad you found our forum and decided to join us! You'll find lots of Brokeback related threads here, especially over in the Open Forum. And you find lots of other non related things here too, which I hope you will find fun and enjoyable. Take your time, explore and poke around the forum, and if you have any questions or concerns be sure to let us know! :D

My name is David and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1116 on: August 06, 2008, 12:43:52 am »

Welcome Jenword! It's so nice to see you here!  And, David's right... it definitely sounds like you're experiencing what we around here sometimes call "Brokie fever"... and it's something we've all experienced at some point or another since discovering this wonderful movie and story.  The initial stages of discoveing Brokeback are so exciting and amazing... I remember what you're going through very well.
:)

It sounds like such a great way to start your journey as a Brokie by attending the big L.A. screening!  I bet that was so much fun.  And, you're right that a lot of BetterMostians and folks from the other Brokie websites were there too.  So, you were definitely surrounded by some serious Brokies there.  I wish I could have gone, but I'm in Pittsburgh and couldn't make the trip out there.

My name's Amanda and I'm one of the co-mods over in the Social Events forum, where we have lots of threads and subforums about upcoming and past real-life Brokie events.  Some of these are major, big-group pilgrimages out to Wyoming or up to Alberta (for example, as Dev mentions) and some threads are about much smaller, more casual events involving only a few folks... and everything in between.  And, we also organize online activities like chats.  So, please stop by! 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1117 on: August 06, 2008, 01:37:33 am »
Hello, my name if Jen, I'm 32 yrs. old. I live in So. Cal, about 20 miles outside of L.A.  I just watched Brokeback for the very first time less than two weeks ago, and it's fair to say I'm nearly obsessed with it!!  I've seen it 6 times at this point, including in the theatre last night at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater. I think there were some bettermost folks there, but I didn't meet any of them. I've bought the movie on DVD, own the soundtrack, and LOVE it as well. I've since been spending a fair amount of time on findingbrokeback.com, and drooling over images of Wyoming, the state of Wyoming tourist website, etc. I'm so obsessed, I'm daydreaming about moving to Wyoming when I retire, and live in a little trailer, and spend weeks on end every year just camping out in the woods and mountains! That movie was just so beautiful. Anyway, now I probably sound a little weird to people, so that's all for now!! I'm glad I'm here!!  :)

Welcome agian Jen :).

Like others have already said, you're definitively not alone with your reaction to Brokeback Mountain.
Also about wanting to see those places; Brokeback story made me jump over the big pond the first time in my life :). I live in Germany and had never been to the US until last year. Then I went to see Wyoming and meet US-Brokies. And I went back this year, and attented our week-long Wyoming roadtrip. If that's not obsessed, then I don't know what is ;D ;). And I want to make it to Alberta next year, to see my friends again and to see the filming sites.

I'm a moderator on the Open Forum, the one this thread is in. Here we talk about the movie and short story, and about they effected us. So stop by and jump directly into our discussions, we're looking forward to hear from you :).

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1118 on: August 06, 2008, 11:05:40 am »
Looks like another star Brokie is born!  Welcome to the family, jenword.   I'll be seein' you around.  8)  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1119 on: August 06, 2008, 05:03:31 pm »
welcome jen word - we're glad youve joined the fold!

Yup there was some brokies there - see this thread! http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16181.0/all.html

I'm Kelda and I'm from Gl;asgow, Scotland, 26 yo - welcome!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/