Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859634 times)

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #330 on: July 10, 2006, 04:46:40 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I joined BetterMost probably a month or so ago.

I am a totally addicted BBM / Jack & Ennis fan, and knew I needed an outlet to express so much of what I have been feeling since first experiencing this film back in May '06...

My job keeps me busy, so my posts may be few and far between, but I am thankful for this forum, and have many friends here from IMDb.

I have never had a film have such an effect on me, and doubt I ever will again...  I watch at least part of the movie each night -- I almost can't fall asleep without Jack & Ennis' voices with me, which amazes even me still...

My favorite scene is TS2, closely followed by the Reunion Scene, and so many other subtle scenes in between.  Oh heck, the whole darn movie is terrific.  I don't know if there is a scene which I don't like.

Nice to know you all and look forward to seeing you around the boards....

Daphne7661
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2006, 04:57:26 pm »
Hi Daphne7661, ;D
I've moved over from IMDb too; the atmosphere was becoming increasingly difficult. This board seems very good indeed, but rather complicated. However I'm slowly finfing my way about. I see that I'm classed as a 'tourist', not sure how that works, but I'm still glad to be here. I'm just reading the story louise has put together, about Ennis 'moving on', and I'm enjoying it,(it's really good) but do feel rather disloyal to Annie Proulx. I hope she won't mind too much, I feel she's looking over my shoulder, and not liking what she sees maybe!
Welcome to Bettermost, it's a great place for us all to 'hang out'. Sam :)
Sam

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2006, 05:27:12 pm »
Hey Sam,

What is the story Louise is putting together?  I think I must be out of touch with the subjects on this board, but I would like to read it, too, if possible.  Can you direct me to that thread?

Can you or someone enlighten me about that and Jack's apparent comments ("fuck ...... me") in TS1 as well?

Thanks,

Daphne

...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2006, 05:57:03 pm »
(and I can so relate to the...is it "sorry" or "congratulations"...)
Fern

Are you relating on the divorce side or the pregnancy side, Fern?

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2006, 05:59:50 pm »

What is the story Louise is putting together? 

Daphne, if you go to Chez Trembley and look for the Ennis and Ellery thread, you will find the link to start The Laramie Saga. There aren't many things I know about this board yet, but that is one of them. It's a fun place.

Tamarack

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2006, 06:06:59 pm »
Howdy folks,

I'm a 34 y/o GAM in Henderson, NV.  I'm very new here and just joined yesterday.  Infact, this is my second post.  I'm glad I found this site and it's great to see so many people who share similar feelings regarding this great movie as I did.  I consider myself some where between a "Jack" and an "Ennis".  Don't like to talk much, but playful sometimes.  Still closeted to most, but not afraid to stand up against people who are anti-gay or anti-Brokeback.  

I first heard about Brokeback Mountain in fall of 2005 and was curious on what it was all about.  Then I heard that it was about gay cowboys and I'm shock but glad.  Being who I am and my love for the cowboy figure, I thought this kind of movies were not possible.  Then I heard Ang Lee was directing it and Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal will be the leads and I was like "WOW!"  I didn't know Heath that well, but thought Jake was so cute.  Seen him in "The Day After Tomorrow".  But the fear in me prevented me from watching it in the theater.  That was my biggest regret about this movie.  If this movie will ever show again in a theater in my city, I'll go see it without a thought.

So when the movie came out on dvd, I went and got it.  I watched it when I got home from work and was completely devastated.  How can this movie be possible?  And how can I miss out on this movie in the theater?  I'm still angry and bitter with myself even now. The next day I cried even worst and was totally shaking, and I don't cry easily.  I guess the second time around, I understand it even more and it hit me even deeper.  I contineud to watch this movie every day when I came home from work until mid June.  So I watched it over 50 times.  It brought devastation, but it also brought a sence of peace in me that I can not explain, something no other movie has done before.  I also went out and bought the sound track, and it brought me a lot of peace and joy.  I feel like I'm a late boomer because this movie is still having a strong grab on me.  Anyone else still hooked by this movie and can not get away?

So what did I learn from this movie?  Plenty.  I can not please my parents now by marrying a women.  Not only will I ruin my own life, but another human being's as well.  I also learn that life is short, so I will try to enjoy life more and live it to the fullest.  If I ever find my "Jack" one day, I will not deny his existance.  He will be part of me, not my secret "fishing toy".  There!  Finally got it off my chest.  Feel better already.

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2006, 06:39:07 pm »
Hi, JT - Welcome to BetterMost!

Is anyone else still hooked, you ask? What do you think we're all doing here?!  :D I don't think that many of us (or ANY of us) don't want to be hooked, either.
What really helped me when I was feeling really depressed (seems like the depression built each time I saw it, for the first 4 or 5 times) was that I started reading some of the really great fan fiction that is out there. The ones I started with were ones that had Jack and Ennis together (in other words, an alternate universe where Jack wasn't dead) and it helped me to sleep better (it helped me to sleep, period!). Be careful, though, because they can be very addicting! This forum has some links to some really good stories on it, and after you start to feel better and can maybe accept that Ennis might have moved on after Jack's death, you can come on over to Ennis and Ellery (at Chez Tremblay) and start The Laramie Saga.

You're going to think I'm an idiot but I have to ask. If G is "gay" and M is "man", what's the A for?  ???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 06:42:16 pm by tamarack »

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2006, 07:37:38 pm »
Hello Tamarack,

Thank you!  The "A" is for Asian.  Just like the "W" in GWM stands for White.  Idiot?  Absolutely not.

Well I'm glad we're all still hooked.  I don't seem to want to let go anytime soon.  Yeah, I read a lot about the AU where Jack is alive.  It made me felt great.  I think it's in the "Wrangler".  For some reason, this movie, as sad as it was, didn't make me depress at all.  It made me think and realize life is not as bad after all and I should be happy for what I have now.  I hear you when you say "addicting".  I was glued to the computer for hours reading some of those stories, sometime skipping meals.  Crazy!  No matter how good I feel, I don't think I can ever accept Ennis replacing Jack with anyone else.  To me, Brokeback Mountain was their story and their's alone.  But in reality, life does go on.

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #338 on: July 10, 2006, 07:47:24 pm »
Hello Daphne, It'll maybe take a day or two, but I'll get the link to you!

Writing this I THINK I've been told that you have been directed by someone else!. If you need me contact me again.

Any way I'm happy to talk about anything to do with old Brokeback! :laugh:

Best Wishes

Sam :)
Sam

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2006, 07:54:34 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I joined BetterMost probably a month or so ago.

I am a totally addicted BBM / Jack & Ennis fan, and knew I needed an outlet to express so much of what I have been feeling since first experiencing this film back in May '06...

My job keeps me busy, so my posts may be few and far between, but I am thankful for this forum, and have many friends here from IMDb.

Are you the same Daphne I have been chatting with every once in awhile over on IMDb? If you are, you are a sweetheart! I am David-Indiana over there, by the way.

Anyhow, welcome Daphne to Bettermost!

And welcome to everyone else too! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.