Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858949 times)

Offline BANNER ROAD

• Don't Say Much
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #700 on: June 06, 2007, 02:46:31 am »
Hi it's me, BannerHill from IMBD so maybe I'll be BannerRoad here though my name's Jason. Let's see how this works

I love this film like no other, ever. It touched me in a deep and primal way. Still trying to figure it all out. Haven't yet, but I find I like the process, whatever it is.

Recent troll attacks have caused chaos on the IMDB board. I've heard about all the interesting things here at BetterMost, so I figured "this is a good time to give it a try"

Thanks for making this a safe place. It'll take me some time to get used to not having any trolls!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #701 on: June 06, 2007, 04:37:57 am »
Hi it's me, BannerHill from IMBD so maybe I'll be BannerRoad here though my name's Jason. Let's see how this works

I love this film like no other, ever. It touched me in a deep and primal way. Still trying to figure it all out. Haven't yet, but I find I like the process, whatever it is.

Recent troll attacks have caused chaos on the IMDB board. I've heard about all the interesting things here at BetterMost, so I figured "this is a good time to give it a try"

Thanks for making this a safe place. It'll take me some time to get used to not having any trolls!

Hey Jason!!! Welcome to Bettermost!!

I used to post on IMDb too. I was David-Indiana over there!

I'm really glad you decided to join our forum! If you have any questions, send me a PM. I'll be happy to help you and answer any questions you have. Just click on the little blue circle under my picture.

And you're correct! There's no trolls here!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #702 on: June 06, 2007, 04:56:46 am »

BannerHill, Banner Road ---mark you calenders folks ...this is a BANNER DAY!!! June 6, 2008 the day that Jason came on over ta the town a BetterMost, Wyomin!

---- Welcome! VERY happy to have you join our ranks. Seems like it's been a long time in coming. I'm sure you'll (eventually) feel comfortable everywhere in this ol community.

May seem like an overwhelmingly complicated place ta know all at once, but take your time. Chez Tremblay is a great place ta get started with getting to know the place ... and of course, right here in The Brokeback Open Forum, where BBM continues to inspire. No need to go everywhere at once, but it's all here for you to explore when ya want to. Start a blog in "Our daily thoughts", I'm sure you'll get to know some a the fine folks that populate BetterMost in no time at all. And the chat room is available 24/7 should you want more instant conversations. There are regularly scheduled meet & greets every month, but I hear there's gonna be a special one soon, so that we can meet all these new fine folks that have recently moved in. This kinda information will no doubt be displayed on the 'news banner' on the Home Page, and will probably be a thread unto itself in the Social forum.

;D  ;D  ;D Glad ta be the first ta say ... Set a spell... you'll have a cup a coffee, won't you? Piece a cherry cake?  ;D  ;D  ;D (our official welcome line!)

(Ah shucks! why do I always do this - I spend so much time writing a welcome, that someone always beat me to it! - durn it!)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #703 on: June 06, 2007, 10:21:58 am »
Jason, I'll echo the Sheriff in saying it's a Banner Day!  I saw your name listed as the latest member and was pleased as punch.  You go way back with us, and I remember fondly your account of the Aero pilgrimage.  Friend, I hope you come to know BetterMost in the next weeks and months and decide to call it home.   8)

Another big welcome going out to Delmardeb!  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #704 on: June 06, 2007, 05:45:54 pm »
Hi all,

I think I will have that cup o coffee, but will pass on the cherry cake. I am so excited that I have found a home for my BBM experience. I do have the short story because after the obsession set in, that was the next step- to download the short story.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and "I'll be back, if the loony-bin don't get me."  :)

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #705 on: June 06, 2007, 06:23:02 pm »
Hi all,

I think I will have that cup o coffee, but will pass on the cherry cake. I am so excited that I have found a home for my BBM experience. I do have the short story because after the obsession set in, that was the next step- to download the short story.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and "I'll be back, if the loony-bin don't get me."  :)

Welcome to BetterMost Delmardeb!!!

We're really happy you joined our Brokie family! Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Send me a pm if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help you! Just click the little blue circle under my picture to send a pm to me!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #706 on: June 06, 2007, 07:50:43 pm »

Jason!!!  It's me, Barb/ednbarby from over there.  Remember me?  I sure remember you!  I've always thoroughly enjoyed (and agreed with) your posts at IMDb.  So nice to see you here.  Sorry to hear it's because it's gotten ugly over there again, but I'm glad you found us.

:-*
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #707 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:19 pm »
Hi, to all you new BetterMostians! It's Front-Ranger. I don't know if any of my old posts still exist at IMDB.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #708 on: June 07, 2007, 12:56:55 am »
Hey welcome everybody!  And a special welcome to Jason, my Aero and La Cabaña bud! 

Hugs to all.  I'm also happy to be PMed with questions on how to get around.

Elle

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #709 on: June 07, 2007, 06:36:05 am »
<<piss-up in a brewery>>

Just returned to Bettermost,Kerry, and seen your post! Guess your a Brit like me, or has this expression 'crossed the pond'. Anyway I share your anger at the bloody academy, and your outburst made me snigger in a very evil manner

Best Wishes, and thanks for a much needed giggle! :laugh:

Sam
Samrim
Sam