Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858898 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2006, 09:23:42 pm »
Hey Taj,

Let me add my voice to the chorus of welcomes.  I was on IMDb, but didn't post much, and I red-lined it here when I first saw Phillip's invite.  There's a sticky thread in Movie Resources of memorable posts from 'back in the day' at IMDb if you want to reminisce.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2135.msg33323#msg33323

I'd be interested to hear more about the ban in Malaysia.  I posted a few articles a long time ago, but I think they were mostly about BBM being banned in China.  I think it's a huge triumph when the power of what people want to see/hear/read triumphs over what others think is appropriate, but that's probably my neo-American-hippie-self speaking.  ::)

I'd also love to hear what it is about Brokeback Mountain that touches you so deeply, on a personal level.  So, if you want to, start yourself a thread in 'Our Daily Thoughts' and spill it :) !

Again - Welcome - we're glad you're here!
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Faye92

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2006, 11:02:38 pm »
Hello. I am very new to this forum but I find it very comfortable and warm as i was extended an invitation by such lovely people. I fell in love with BBM the first time I saw it and I look forward to sharing with others who have been positively moved by this fine film. I just have to get used to the format and all!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #532 on: December 16, 2006, 12:54:44 am »
Hello. I am very new to this forum but I find it very comfortable and warm as i was extended an invitation by such lovely people. I fell in love with BBM the first time I saw it and I look forward to sharing with others who have been positively moved by this fine film. I just have to get used to the format and all!

Get ready fer an avalanche a good will & welcomes
Yer sure ta find like minded brokies here, not ta mention threads a all kinds ta entertain ya & help ya through yer own growth as a result a this wonderful film we all admire deeply

You'll have a cup a coffee?  Piece a cherry cake? (had ta be the first ta say it - yee haw!)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #533 on: December 16, 2006, 10:05:41 am »
Welcome, Faye!  Nice to have you here.  When did you see the movie for the first time?  Just recently?

No more beans!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2006, 04:31:22 am »
Hey Taj!! Welcome!

How are things in Kuala Lumpur??
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Faye92

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2006, 02:59:32 pm »
Hi Barb! I just realized I didn't introduce myself adequately!

I am a 46 year old heterosexual single Mom born and raised in south Georgia where both of my parents were educators. I spent most of my married life (14 years) living in Seattle, Washington until about 4 years ago now I'm back home in Georgia. I have been teaching middle school choral music now for about 20 years and I adore poetry and music.....ALL kinds of music from Bach to Rock although I was stictly classically trained as an itty bitty thing. I have 3 awesome children, 2 girls and 1 boy.

I first BBM on November 29th of this year and I haven't been quite the same since.

Faye

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #536 on: December 17, 2006, 03:02:52 pm »
Welcome Faye92! Come in and make yourself at home! We are all certified Broke by Brokebacks here! You'll have a cuppa coffee, won't you? Piece of cherry cake?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #537 on: December 17, 2006, 03:34:45 pm »
Hi Barb! I just realized I didn't introduce myself adequately!

I am a 46 year old heterosexual single Mom born and raised in south Georgia where both of my parents were educators. I spent most of my married life (14 years) living in Seattle, Washington until about 4 years ago now I'm back home in Georgia. I have been teaching middle school choral music now for about 20 years and I adore poetry and music.....ALL kinds of music from Bach to Rock although I was stictly classically trained as an itty bitty thing. I have 3 awesome children, 2 girls and 1 boy.

I first BBM on November 29th of this year and I haven't been quite the same since.

Faye

Hey there, again, Faye!  I didn't realize you were in Georgia!  (This means you get whisky in your coffee in addition to cherry cake ;) ) Seriously, tho, I'm in TN, and I can practically count southeast US Brokies on one hand!  You're going to find a lot in common with people here.  Roland is a teacher. There are lots of parents (Ellemeno/Seattle and EdnBarby/Florida pop immediately to mind).  David925 and Andrew and Scott and (...tons of people  I'm leaving out) alll are interested in Classsical Music.

Welcome!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Zander

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No reins on me.
« Reply #538 on: December 18, 2006, 07:37:22 am »
Hi from me, I'm in the UK, Gay out & proud. Love BBM  ;D love the cowboy threads in this place.

Zander

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #539 on: December 18, 2006, 07:41:39 am »
another Brit!  ;D

welcome and as always...

You'll have a cuppa coffee, won't you? Piece of cherry cake?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/