Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858701 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #560 on: December 22, 2006, 12:44:14 am »

ehm Roland, did you forget something?  taj, there is something here at this BBM Forum that you won't see anywhere else, it is known as "The Performance Thread".  Here is a link to the first page,

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2739.msg44864#msg44864

and to get to understand what it is all about, just read Lee (Front-Ranger)'s excellent synopsiseses, here are the links to them as well.

Part 1 - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3353.msg74162#msg74162

Part 2 - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3353.msg105720#msg105720

Part 3 - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3353.msg105799#msg105799

Part 4 - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3353.msg105822#msg105822

The PT is still in production, we just passed our six-month milestone two days ago, on Jakey's birthday!   ;D  We are presently at Scene 49 - Bobby And His Daddy On The Tractor.

The PT is open to any BetterMostian who wants to jump in and post, and there are just five roles still open if anyone is interested in filling the roles:

Alma Jr
Jenny
Divorce Judge
Western Dancer
Carl

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #561 on: December 23, 2006, 06:43:28 pm »
I've been playing the Oboe for nearly 4 years and the piano for 8 years in January. I always wanted to learn the cello, but my mum won't let me!
I saw you were sick and tired of my wrong turns.
If you only knew the way I feel,
I'd really love to tell you,
But I could never seem to say
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Keane: On A Day Like Today

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Happy Birthday, BBM-Cat2006!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #562 on: December 29, 2006, 03:14:09 pm »
I’m wondering if I’m so captivated by the movie because of what I don’t bring to it, or what needs attention in my life. Speaking of what needs attention right now – I’ve got to finish my work for tomorrow or I run the risk of getting even more sidetracked than I have been over the past several days. Hard to push it from my mind but I must for now. Nice talking with you.

BBM-Cat2006, let me be one of the first to wish you a very happy end-of-the-year birthday!! You have enriched our lives so much in your time here, it's hard to believe you just came to us in mid-December!! "Nice to know you" BBM-etc. and I hope to see you around, huh, lots next year!!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 03:34:42 pm by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ed59

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #563 on: January 05, 2007, 09:52:43 pm »
     Hello all-- New here

My name is Ed,I am a single 47 year old man.I live in south central Kentucky.A very rural and conservitive area.I farm for a living.
        I have been reading the forum for several months now.Thought it was time to join.
        I hope that I might be able to add a little something to this forum as time goes on.

Ed

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #564 on: January 05, 2007, 11:56:54 pm »
Hi Ed,
Welcome again.  It was nice meeting you in chat tonight.  So I guess we'll be seeing you around, hunh?  ;) :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #565 on: January 06, 2007, 01:13:28 am »
Hi Ed, welcome.  My dad was born in Green County, Kentucky, which has to be close to where you are.  His father was a tobacco farmer.  Dad left to go to college in Chicago, then settled in Indianapolis, where I grew up.  Mom was from a farm family too. 

Look forward to seeing you around!

squashcourt

« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2007, 05:32:42 pm »
Hi there, Phillip,

Great site you have here! Am anxious to introduce myself to the members.    Here is a short scan of my experience with BBM: took me until January 3rd, this year to hype up the courage to buy the movie in DVD format; viewing it just floored me with gut-wrenching tears.  Brought back sweet and lump-throat memories of my one-month skiing on Marmot Basin in Jasper, Alberta, where I met Chuck from Valemont, BC, 10 years ago. The scene between Ennis and Jack leaving each other at the beginning just tears me apart as it did after our skiing vacation ended.  I'm a gay man.  Chuck, I remember, never brought up the subject.  I still, today, don't know.  What happened between the two of us just happened.  He left one day B4 I did.  We did not ski that day; just stayed in bed talking, cuddling.  I could not stay in Jasper another day;  the lonesomeness was more than I could take.  Took the next plane out from Edmonton to Montreal (talk about an eternity!!).  There were many times I wondered if it would be a good idea to try to locate him as I never got any news from him.  Then entertained the notion that he's married and it would not be a good idea.  Perhaps a disappointing answer I could not accept (being the introverted-sensitive person that I am).  I consider myself to be the Ennis type - introverted and not much of a talker. I enjoy my own company and keep myself physically fit with racket sports although I once messed up my right hip crashing into the squash court wall which obliged me to convalesce for two months but back into it now full swing.  I've had many occasions to get into a relationship but find honest and sincere relationships impossible.  During the past few days I have been viewing, in the privacy of my apartment, BBM with all the lights switched off.  Pent-up emotions quickly surge up.  I just wish I knew how to "quit" them.  It's too heart-breaking for me.  Too many sweet memories coming back haunting me.  Difficult times to get to sleep.  I've got to go now as I feel stinging tears coming through.  I'm not one who "gets over ii." 
Warmest and sincerest affection for giving me a chance to briefly summarize my current make-up.

Pierre
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 05:55:11 pm by squashcourt »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #567 on: January 08, 2007, 05:54:19 pm »
Hi Pierre!

First of all, Welcome to Bettermost! I'm happy you decided to join our family!

I read your post and I have been through some similar experiences. Your story really touched my heart though. I sincerely hope you will find closure soon.

You will find many caring and compassionate people here at Bettermost, willing to listen, talk and share experiences with you. Feel free to talk and express yourself all you want to. You won't be judged here.

Once again, welcome to Bettermost. If I can be of any help, please send me a pm! I'm glad you decided to join our community!  :)

David.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #568 on: January 08, 2007, 06:01:17 pm »
Hi, Ed and Pierre.  Welcome to you both!

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Pierre.  It makes my heart hurt to know there are still so many men living a life like Ennis' out there.  I'm glad you've found the movie and us.  Most of us here are not ones to just get over it, either, at least not where this movie is concerned.

I've been to Montreal once - beautiful city.  And Ed, I spent six years in Dayton, Ohio, and spent a week once houseboating on Lake Cumberland in Kentucky with some friends.  Pretty country there, too.  Lovely to have you both here.

Barb
No more beans!

Offline skye28

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #569 on: January 09, 2007, 03:19:52 pm »
Hi everybody,

I just want to say how relieved and excited I was to find this forum. I must admit, I saw the movie for the first time Saturday, 1/6/07 on HBO and then watched again Sunday on HBO on Demand. I feel there must have been a reason that I didn't see it before. I don't think I would have been ready for the impact. Sunday night I found this forum and was overwhelmed. It is now Tuesday and I am getting  a little better. I have NEVER been impacted by a film this way and actually have never even been a fan of movies because I read constantly and usually prefer books. When I am a litlle more stable I will read the story. After watching I felt as if I had the wind knocked out of me. I realized yesterday that it forced me to feel feelings and stir passions that I had left for dead about three years ago. I live in a rather mundane, suburban environment, and I had succumbed to the monotony of life. I also stuffed my feelings and passions and creativity back down with too much food, alcohol and sleep. The movie awakened me. I will no longer hold back at telling someone how I feel, or spend time with people who I don't enjoy. I will no longer be afraid to feel passionately about art or books, or life just because others around me don't feel it. I crave meaning and passion in my relationships, and I will not be afraid to reach out anymore, even if it means being rejected. This film was the most wonderful thing I have ever seen, and I am eager to speak with all of you about your experience. I am so glad to be here, and I believe fate and Brokeback Mountain found me at the right time.
Some say the world is getting too small, I say with kindness there's room for us all. Our world is always changing, everyday's a surprise. Love can open up your eyes in our world.
When night lays sad upon you go watch a laughing sunrise. Love can open up your eyes in our world.