Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859637 times)

Scott6373

Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #610 on: February 27, 2007, 11:58:31 am »
Welcome Michael.  There are some great music and lit threads here.  Hope you check them out.  Good to see ya here.

Offline Juliette59

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "I wish i knew how to quit you" - Jack Twist
« Reply #611 on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:04 pm »
I am still frigging nervous about introducing myself out in the open, so I will try this concept that suits me just fine.
The person behind me:
Fav. City: New York, Paris, Amsterdam
Fav. Hobby: Reading [ Sucker for literature ], Cooking, Music, films, working [ I love my job ]
Fav. Music: Peter Gabriel, Genesis
Fav. Song ever: I can't make you love me by Bonnie Raitt
Fav. Book: An Evil Cradling by Brian Keenan
Fav. Food: Japanese
Fav: Drink: Margarita
Fav. Poetry: Emily Dickinson, Kahlil Gibran
Fav. Films at random: Brokeback Mountain, Angel Baby[ Australian Movie , Winner of the Public's Prize at the Rotterdam Film Festival in 1996], Ordinary People, Ice Storm,
Dances with Wolves, Missing, Kieslowski Trilogy[ Bleu, Rouge, Blanc], Paris, Texas, The Deer Hunter, Reds, Crazy, Beautiful, The Piano, Leaving Las Vegas, American Beauty,
Pay it Forward, Boys don't Cry
Fav. Attractive Men: Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jay Hernandez, James Blake, Josh Hartnett, George Clooney
Fav. T.V. Series: E/R, House

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #612 on: February 27, 2007, 08:07:04 pm »
Juliette: You saw and loved C.R.A.Z.Y. !! the canadian brokeback mountain from 2 years ago (maybe last year in europe)?

Hardly anyone has seen it!

Sweet!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #613 on: February 27, 2007, 08:07:57 pm »
I am still frigging nervous about introducing myself out in the open, so I will try this concept that suits me just fine.
The person behind me:
Fav. City: New York, Paris, Amsterdam
Fav. Hobby: Reading [ Sucker for literature ], Cooking, Music, films, working [ I love my job ]
Fav. Music: Peter Gabriel, Genesis
Fav. Song ever: I can't make you love me by Bonnie Raitt
Fav. Book: An Evil Cradling by Brian Keenan
Fav. Food: Japanese
Fav: Drink: Margarita
Fav. Poetry: Emily Dickinson, Kahlil Gibran
Fav. Films at random: Brokeback Mountain, Angel Baby[ Australian Movie , Winner of the Public's Prize at the Rotterdam Film Festival in 1996], Ordinary People, Ice Storm,
Dances with Wolves, Missing, Kieslowski Trilogy[ Bleu, Rouge, Blanc], Paris, Texas, The Deer Hunter, Reds, Crazy, Beautiful, The Piano, Leaving Las Vegas, American Beauty,
Pay it Forward, Boys don't Cry
Fav. Attractive Men: Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jay Hernandez, James Blake, Josh Hartnett, George Clooney
Fav. T.V. Series: E/R, House

Hi Juliette! Welcome to BetterMost!!  :D

I've already enjoyed reading a few of your posts in some of the other threads here on the forum.

I couldn't help but noticed the format you used to introduce yourself! I like it! You might enjoy answering some of the questionnaires, polls and personality quizzes located over at the "Polling Place".

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Send me a pm if you have any questions. I'm the moderator there, and I would be more than happy to help!  :D

Enjoy BetterMost! I'm really happy you decided to join our group.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #614 on: February 27, 2007, 08:17:30 pm »

;D

Hiya everybody!

I wanted to stop by here and check in.  I'm Michael Flanagan - a mod over on D.C. - and I know a lot of people over here already.  I was motivated to become a member here because of the wonderful time we all had at the Bay City oscar event (there were Bettermost, Ennisjack, yahoo forum and D.C. people there).

I'm a librarian and have been a music addict for a very long time.  I live in San Francisco (and have for over 20 years).  Anyway, just a short message to start - but I just wanted to let those of you who are over here know that I'm here now and sorry it's taken so long!

mfsf

Hi Michael! Welcome to BetterMost!

I have an account over at DC, but I rarely post there. I suppose I found a nice comfortable nest here and I settled in. Maybe I should start posting over there too. Anyway, I'm always pleased to see DC members join us here at BetterMost. I know many of our members post over there as well. It reminds me that we are all one big "family" united together by our love of one very special film.

I'm really glad you decided to join our BetterMost family! Send me a pm if you have any questions or concerns!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Juliette59

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #615 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:51 pm »
Sheriff , darlin'
 I hate to disappoiint you , but I meant the film with Kirsten Dunst { arghhhh] and Jay Hernandez [ yummy]

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #616 on: February 27, 2007, 09:00:49 pm »
Welcome, Juliette (and Michael, again, too)!

I'd like to respond to your questionnaire here, if I may:

Fav. City: London
Fav. Hobby: Seeing movies at the cinema
Fav. Music: Green Day, U2 (especially their "old" albums like October and War), Pink Floyd
Fav. Song ever: Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Fav. Book: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Fav. Food: Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai...  If I had to pick one, Italian because it's the only one I know how to cook well
Fav: Drink: Absolut martini, straight up with a twist
Fav. Poetry: Shakespeare
Fav. Films at random: Brokeback Mountain, The Princess Bride, Muriel's Wedding, The Crying Game, Fargo
Fav. Attractive Men: Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Holloway, Ralph Fiennes, Wentworth Miller (his eyes slay me)
Fav. T.V. Series: Lost, Dexter, Six Feet Under
No more beans!

Offline Juliette59

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #617 on: February 28, 2007, 11:15:50 am »
Six Feet Under!!
How on earth did I forget to add that one, thaks for the reminder

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #618 on: March 01, 2007, 05:08:51 pm »
Hello, I also have an account over at the DC site but I'm sorry to say I find that forum a group not really open to outsiders. There appears to be a very strong inner circle. I thought I would try this forum.

I'm really not comfortable giving out too much personal information at this point.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #619 on: March 01, 2007, 05:12:45 pm »
That' no problem, welcome to Bettermost, I hope you will feel at home here, Friend.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."