Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859233 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #650 on: March 18, 2007, 05:16:40 pm »
Welcome, Lo! I'm sure there is room for all kinds of high priestesses here, both those who use nutcrackers and those who are do-it-yourselfers!! Welcome, you're just in time for the Vernal Equinox!!

Speaking of HP's check out the Oracle in The 300--now that was a priestess in my book!! (altho she couldn't hold a candle to you, Meryl!!)

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline High Priestess

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #651 on: March 18, 2007, 06:04:38 pm »
Welcome, Lo! I'm sure there is room for all kinds of high priestesses here, both those who use nutcrackers and those who are do-it-yourselfers!! Welcome, you're just in time for the Vernal Equinox!!

Speaking of HP's check out the Oracle in The 300--now that was a priestess in my book!! (altho she couldn't hold a candle to you, Meryl!!)

Hi there Front-Ranger,

How kind of you to welcome me - I know it can be a pain to welcome new members for on one of my forums I have a few newbies per week and I run out of welcome messages hehehe!  I have to keep vigil for the new lost souls and help them to navigate their way around the boards!

I have already read a few posts in various sections and I definitely like what I see!

Everyone seems so friendly - something I encourage on my forums.  Life is too short for anything less than absolute fun and pleasantries!

With my very best wishes,

Lo x  :-*
I love to cook with wine.  Sometimes I even put some in the food!

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #652 on: March 22, 2007, 10:07:33 pm »
Hello! My name is Fritz, and have just recently joined, after having met so many of you in BC last month. I've been hanging around over in the DC Forum, but listen to BBM Radio frequently, so I thought I'd join over here too!

I live in Arlington VA, work for the German government (specifically the Defense Ministry) at Dulles Airport, and have lived with my partner Earl going on 29 years this coming November. Originally from New Orleans, but have lived in the Washington DC area since graduating from Notre Dame in 1969, with the exception of two years away in the Army.

Happy to be here, and to see so many of my friends here as well!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #653 on: March 22, 2007, 10:41:55 pm »
Great to see you Fritz! It's about time!!

You'll have a cuppa coffee, won't you? Piece a cherry cake?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:35:41 am by Front-Ranger »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #654 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:15 am »
Nice to know ya, Fritz!  Welcome to our humble abode.  What an interesting job it sounds like you have!  I always thought it would be exciting to live and work in the DC area.  I've had many friends there, all of whom have since moved on (a few of them worked in the defense industry as IT folks, a couple in the military, and as such, moved on as contracts/assignments changed).

Take off your coat and stay awhile.  :)
No more beans!

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #655 on: March 23, 2007, 02:39:21 pm »
Thanks for the welcome! I'll have a cuppa coffee, but i caint eat no cherry cake just now.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #656 on: March 23, 2007, 02:54:55 pm »
Woo-hoo! High five, Fritz!!

(oops, forgot myself there for a minute)

Wipes hands on apron, pats Fritz on the back gently.

Welcome, FRiend!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #657 on: April 15, 2007, 08:56:58 am »
Wow! I saw the movie for the first time Monday. It's Wednesday and I still hurt. The movie was so beautifully done. The characters were so real.
Aside from the time and the setting this story mirrored my life in so many ways it is scary. It is so true, "Love is a Force of Nature"! It has been 19yrs since the first time I saw him and I was taken at the first glance. I didn't know at the time what I was feeling was love. But it was, pure sweet and beautiful. It goes beyond gender I fell inlove with a person, a soul that happened to be in the body of another man. For 3 yrs nothing happened. Our friendship grew as did my love. He moved away and I was devesated. We kept in touch and I finally went and visited him. I met his girlfriend and we went and did stuff together. Then one night after she went home he leaned over and kissed me. I then know he was feeling the same way all those years. It was a wonderful night of passion and lovemaking. In the morning though he as well as myself, were scared of what we were feeling. We said we wouldn't talk about it. He went on to marry. he came to visit right after that by himself to see his family who all lived in our town. He stayed with me. Well, we didn't talk about it we just did it all over again. The next year I married. we both had kids and kept our secret friendship. Well, he decided he needed to live that lifestyle everyday and divorced his wife. He now lives with a man and is very happy. He told me I need to come out and find happiness. However, that won't bring me happiness. You see. I don't love men, I just love one man. I will end up like Ennis. Alone and sad. My marriage is loveless and I know it will one day end when the children are older. My wife will probably re-marry but I won't. There is only one love for me and I don't think I will ever have it again. It's not enough to have loved and lost but thats all I have so thats all I will have.
Thank you for listening and thank you to all involved with this movie!
It will be a treasure for many years to come.
Lee

(I posted this last week on the IDMP board after first seeing the movie. I have seen it twice since then and still feel the same. My heart hurts and my head hurts. what a great movie)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

injest

« Reply #658 on: April 15, 2007, 09:15:04 am »
Hi, Loneleeb3...welcome to Bettermost. You just found our little movie? It does hit hard. We say it gets you when you are ready to be got. You are with friends here. I know you are hurting but you can come here and talk...we have all been there.

There is a lot of talk about Ennis and whether he was a 'one man' man....I don't know. I have seen a lot of arguements for and against. But you need to remember that you have choices now that can help you NOT be like Ennis....

Read through and post as much as you like....if you have a question let anyone of us know and we will try to point you in the right direction...the moderators are all in red print...

I am glad you are here! {{{Loneleeb3}}

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #659 on: April 15, 2007, 09:23:42 am »
Welcome Lee! I am Lee too! I hope you find a good home here at BetterMost where you can feel comfortable talking about these things...and everything! See the movie again and read the story too! We look forward to talking with you and hearing more from you. You are not alone!!