Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859001 times)

injest

Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #690 on: June 05, 2007, 08:18:33 am »
Bienvenue chez nous, Dagi.

Seeing as BetterMost was only started in early February 2006, we're all refugees here, whether we came from IMdB (like most of us), or other forums, or just came here directly after being devasted by the film, we are definitively all here, looking for refuge, and friendship, and understanding.

Welcome.

Seems there's a bit of an exodus happening here at this particular juncture in time, but rest assured, there's room for all here at BetterMost. Don't be shy to post on any thread in any forum, and even in your own language... who knows, maybe you'll find someone who can talk your language here too!

Moi je suis Canadien français, et même si j'écris surtout en anglais ici, il m'arrive parfois de trouver d'autres francophones avec qui je peux m'exprimer dans ma langue. Others have done so in German, in Dutch, even in American  :laugh:

Again, welcome & don't be shy to ask for help if you get lost in our hallways - it is disorienting! When I first got here (early April last year) there were only 4 or 5 forums & I still managed to need help getting around.

who you talking about? huh?

:laugh: :laugh:

Welcome! Hey, chocolate? did someone say chocolate?

Dagi

« Reply #691 on: June 05, 2007, 08:47:45 am »
Ah, Susie, I just sent you a mail (ntlworld)!!

Injest, Sheriff and Snavel, thank you for the warm welcome !

A big hug for all Brokies, I already love you !!

Dagi

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #692 on: June 05, 2007, 10:44:56 am »
Dagi, berit and Susiebell, it's great to see you here.  Thanks for letting us know a little bit about you.  I live in New York City, so I'm waving at you from across the pond.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 08:05:16 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #693 on: June 05, 2007, 10:49:03 am »
Hey Dagi, berit and Susiebell,
It wasn't that long ago I too was a newcomer here.
You have found a wonderful place filled with the kindest people!
I know you will come to  feel at home here as I have.
Welcome welcome!
You are amoung friends. ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #694 on: June 05, 2007, 11:50:10 am »
Yay! More eurobrokies!  :)

welcome, willkommen, vällkommen.

It's nice to have you here.

greetings from belgium  :)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:33:36 am by belbbmfan »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #695 on: June 05, 2007, 12:33:06 pm »
Welcome, berit, Dagi and Susie! Nice to see you over here. Here's a link to the fanfic forum:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

To look through all the forums, click on the part above where it says "BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forums." That will take you to a menu of all of them, and you can jump around from there.

I live in Chicago, BTW.

Katherine

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #696 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:02 pm »
Hi all,
My name is Debbie and I am basically new on "Bettermost." I have not posted as of yet, but have read so many of your commentaries. I became obsessed with BBM about 6 months ago when I saw it on HBO. I initially saw this wonderful movie before the Academy Awards, but I did not get it! After seeing it on TV, I could not believe the impact this movie had on me. I thought I was going crazy because of the obssession that took control of my thoughts, and even my dreams. I am so glad that I found you guys because knowing that I am not alone is such a relief.

I am married and tried to get my husband to watch the movie, but as soon as the FNIT scene came on, he turned to another channel. All I can say is that that is his loss. I bought the DVD and have watched this movie over 50 times!!
I can't believe that I never get bored watching this movie. I even still look forward to it coming on cable even though I have the DVD.

I have never reacted to a movie like this ever, and I have seen many of the great movies in my lifetime. But this is the "greatest." I think the actors were fantastic and I was amazed when I discovered that Heath had an Australian accent. I still can't fathom how he was able to perfect the western accent. I was never a fan any of the actors that played in BBM until now. I want to find out as much as possible about the actors, as well as Ang Lee. Anyway, I will close now and end by saying thank-you for being here for me- another fellow "Brokie."

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #697 on: June 06, 2007, 12:08:13 am »
Hi Deb,

Welcome, we do know exactly how you feel.  Just wanted to say that glad that you are here.  I also didn't see BBM till it came to HBO last fall and I still think of it every day in some way.  I am sure you will find a lot of great things around here and great people who do get exactly how you feel.  So

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Also another big welcome to all the IMBDers who just found your way here!!!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #698 on: June 06, 2007, 12:12:54 am »
Welcome Delmardeb!!

So glad you found your way here!  Want a cup of coffee don't ya?  And a piece of cherry cake?  ;)

You're certainly amongst friends here.  And, it sounds like you've been struck by what we affectionately like to call "Brokie fever."  This is something that most of us here at BetterMost experience from time to time.  Your description of having BBM haunt your thoughts and dreams is very familiar to me (and to most of us around here).  I myself saw BBM in the theatre 5 times and by now I've completely lost track of how many times I've seen it on DVD (it's possible that it's 100s of times  :o ).  And new revelations come all the time with regard to this film.  It's so wonderful!

Are you a fan of the short story as well as the film?

cheers and welcome again!
Amanda
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #699 on: June 06, 2007, 12:20:00 am »
Welcome to BetterMost Berit, Dag, Susie and Deb!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

We're really glad to have you all in our Brokie family!! Have fun and be sure to send me a PM if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you in any way I can!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.