Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858705 times)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #740 on: June 12, 2007, 05:27:24 pm »
Nice to meet you, too, Rayn!  Thanks for giving us your background.   Along with our Aussies, you're the farthest Brokie away from Wyoming we have, I think.  I hope it all works out that you can be with us in Alberta.  I look forward to hiking with you.  8)

Hey, good meeting you too Meryl and hope to get to know you on a hike. You hike a lot?  I do whenever I can, just average hiking, nothing too dramatic, but I do love the mts.  That's a big reason I love the movie too.  The scenery and landscapes are fantastic.  So I'm working on gettin up there to see everyone and will keep ya posted.  No pun intended!   

Cheers,
 Rayn-

Dagi

« Reply #741 on: June 12, 2007, 05:27:55 pm »
Ooh I love it when you guys talk french!  (Of course I've no idea whatsoever what you just said!!)

Susie 

Susie, try Babel-fish! It would for sure be as funny as the earlier attempt!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #742 on: June 12, 2007, 05:29:14 pm »
Rayn, it WILL be right nice ta meet you in person

Glad yer postin a pic a yerself in yer avatar!

<------------------- Ohh - look there!!! I've just done my 5 000 th post

Yee haw!!!!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #743 on: June 12, 2007, 09:51:23 pm »
Hey, good meeting you too Meryl and hope to get to know you on a hike. You hike a lot?  I do whenever I can, just average hiking, nothing too dramatic, but I do love the mts.  That's a big reason I love the movie too.  The scenery and landscapes are fantastic.  So I'm working on gettin up there to see everyone and will keep ya posted.  No pun intended!   

Cheers,
 Rayn-

Well, Rayn, I'm not a big hiker at all (I live in NYC), but I'm looking forward to getting some exercise up there.  Don't feel bad about leaving me in the dust, though!  I'll be content just breathing in that mountain air.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #744 on: June 13, 2007, 12:26:19 am »
Rayn, it WILL be right nice ta meet you in person
Glad yer postin a pic a yerself in yer avatar!

Will be good to meet you too Sheriff Roland.   Oh, and about the pic of me, yeah, it's me.  I was too scared to put it on here before, almost paranoid cause I'm a teacher in a very conservative "don't ask, don't tell" country....   But lately something came over me.  Like I felt, what the hell , if they fired me because "they think I'm gay or bi, or queer or something so unacceptable that they ignore my teaching skills, then so be it.   They'd be getting me out of here which is something I haven't been able to do, get out of this "Gay forsaken" land.   They'd be doing be a favor.  LOL

Big step for me, but it's done. Yes.

Rayn
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:34:05 am by Rayn »

injest

« Reply #745 on: June 13, 2007, 12:45:32 am »
Hey!

Roland is a teacher too!

(mean to them kids though...makes them wait forever for their grades!!)

;D

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #746 on: June 13, 2007, 01:40:18 am »
Hey now, are you giving Roland's secrets away? Is it a secret or are you just saying that .... in-jest.   ::)

R

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #747 on: June 13, 2007, 02:00:23 am »
Ain't no secret. I got this excuse that I teach en français but of course now there's this other french guy who's seein me make mistakes in that language too. I ain't no purist in either language. (I blame it on my typos!  ;D )

Where are you originally from, hun? You american or sumthin?

I'm also less than a year away from retirement, so that's allowed me to be less concerned about tellin (don't ask, don't tell), should anyone find out all about me by comin across this board.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline madamebrad

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #748 on: June 14, 2007, 12:59:44 am »
Hi everyone....or, should I say Howdy?

I've come over here from IMDB and I already see some familiar faces....Susiebell, how are you, girlfriend!?  Are you up past your bedtime, again?

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to those who know me, and introduce myself to those who don't.....

I am a married woman in her mid 30s and I live in Southern California.  I loved BBM, but what I REALLY loved was the community of pre-troll IMDBers that I met through the discussion boards, so that's pretty much why I'm here.

Offline BANNER ROAD

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #749 on: June 14, 2007, 01:44:18 am »
Okay

I am practicing posting here. So here is my first post.