Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858918 times)

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2006, 11:03:43 pm »
Keren - fantastic post!
I do remember you from the other board. I used to be Milena-covic, don't know if you'll remember. We seem to have a lot in common indeed, not least that interest for languages, words, and etymology! I thought I was reading something I wrote elsewhere when I read that part. Which languages do you speak?
I'll wish you good luck for now with your job hunting and moving places, and will look forward to meeting you here from time to time!
Isabelle.

Bon soir, Isabelle,

I'm so sorry it's taken me two weeks to reply! Aack. Thank you for the compliment on my post.  ;D
I do remember you in fact, though I can't remember which threads we chatted on. I do remember liking your posts, though. I think you responded to my call for a San Diego brokie gathering to watch the Oscars. You said you'd be happy to come if I'd send you a ticket. :laugh: Trust me, if I could have, I would have! :)

I speak French, Italian and Hebrew. I took French from 7th through 12 grades. Ended up majoring in French in college, too. But my Italian is much more fluent. I really believe immersion is key to language mastery. I've never been to France, or any francophone country. But after just 2 years of university Italian, I spent a year in Italy at the University of Bologna, and boy, I'll tell you, I came back fluent! See what I mean? It's all about immersion! Your English is flawless, by the way. Have you lived in the UK or US? Which languages do you speak (besides the obvious two ;))?

Merci beaucoup for the good luck wishes.  ;) Moi aussi, j'espere de te recontrer encore ici de temps en temps. Et si tu viens un jour aux etats unis, tu as une invitation ouverte a rester chez moi.

A bientot, Isabelle,
Keren/ELJ
Jack Nasty loves you!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2006, 12:17:25 am »
Hello I'm Chris.....and I'm a Brokeback-o-holic!   ;D

Offline iheartBBM

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • Harold Ramis Forever
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2006, 01:52:53 am »
Hi everybody.  I'm yet another one of the IMDb refugees.

I'm a heterosexual 19-year-old girl, name is Angela, in college, studying religion.  Plan on becoming an Episcopal priest someday.  I'm the secretary of my college's GLBT [gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender] organization, and I plan to continue my gay activism throughout the rest of my life, hopefully in conjunction with my work in the Church.

I don't usually go to see movies in the theatre, but I went to see Brokeback Mountain back in February -- it was the first time I had stepped foot inside a theater since my best friend dragged me to see "Miss Congeniality" (haha).  And of course, it worked its BBM-magic on me, and a little over a month later, it ended up on my shelf as the first DVD I ever purchased.   ;D

STRAIGHT but not NARROW

CHRISTIAN but not HOMOPHOBIC

:) :) :) :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2006, 05:49:11 pm »
We are looking forward to hearing your perspective, Angela! Welcome!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2006, 10:09:17 pm »
Hi, another member of the IMDB exodus here! I'm 38, live in the UK and work as a film and media teacher and I'm looking forward to some troll-free debate and goofing around.

For Isabelle - got here at last! Speak soon.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

ProwlAmongus-1

« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2006, 02:57:15 pm »
Hi,
I used to be Prowlamongus, but somehow my account got messed up and I could not reactivate it, so here I am back as Prowlamongus-1.  I'm from the Syracuse, NY area; I'm a big BBM fan and refugee from the IMDB, and a gay guy.

Say hello or e-mail me anytime...

moremojo

« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2006, 03:34:03 pm »
Greetings again, friend--

You had us worried there! First, prowlamongus disappears, and the eerily similar moniker ProwlAmongus-1 appears the next day. For us overly paranoid IMDb refugees, that kind of thing tends to send up a red flag. Glad to know folks were just overreacting.

So glad to have you on board again. Looking forward to reading your future posts.

Yours in BBM spirit,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:14:28 pm by moremojo »

Offline JfT

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Just a Quick Hello
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2006, 08:39:41 pm »
Hello all. So happy to have found this site. :) The IMDb was my perferred place for all things Brokeback, but the troll situation there has gotten a wee bit out of hand. 
I look forward to conversing with you all in the future & hope to make bettermost my new home on the net.
My thanks to the creators for a very user friendly site.

Love the smileys!

Offline Pug

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2006, 11:31:59 pm »
Gee whiz!  It took me months to find this place.  I look forward to sharing my BBM obsession here and really am eager to meet some new people!  More tomorrow because I am off to bed. Night y'all :).
To err is human, to forgive canine...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Wanted to Introduce Myself
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2006, 10:03:55 am »
On the subject of the Scottish accent, Billy Connelly was on Weekend Edition (NPR) yesterday and was very funny. He's starting a comedy show in NY soon, which is great because we USers don't know him for his comedy like you Brits do. There was a funny part about Billy and Eric Idle sitting around a campfire and commenting on how it's the most primal thing you can do (but I can think of other things a little more primal)!
"chewing gum and duct tape"