Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858857 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #750 on: June 14, 2007, 01:54:24 am »
Okay

I am practicing posting here. So here is my first post.

Hi everyone....or, should I say Howdy?

I've come over here from IMDB and I already see some familiar faces....Susiebell, how are you, girlfriend!?  Are you up past your bedtime, again?

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to those who know me, and introduce myself to those who don't.....

I am a married woman in her mid 30s and I live in Southern California.  I loved BBM, but what I REALLY loved was the community of pre-troll IMDBers that I met through the discussion boards, so that's pretty much why I'm here.

Welcome to BetterMost Banner Road and Madamebrad!!  :D

Banner Road, I think I remember you from IMDb. I was David-Indiana over there! Glad to see you here. You post looks perfectly fine to me! See? You've mastered BetterMost already!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Madame Brad...
« Reply #751 on: June 14, 2007, 09:49:50 am »
I am a married woman in her mid 30s and I live in Southern California.  I loved BBM, but what I REALLY loved was the community of pre-troll IMDBers that I met through the discussion boards, so that's pretty much why I'm here.

What? And all this time I thought you was in England! Next, yer gonna tell me you ain't a real madame, neither!
I live in So Cali, too. I'm in the South Bay.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #752 on: June 14, 2007, 11:32:04 am »
Welcome!  It's great to see you posting, BANNER HILL and madamebrad!  Keep on doing that, okay?   ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline John John

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #753 on: June 14, 2007, 01:49:21 pm »
'Je n'peux pas en prendre pour l'intant!'

Et John John - tu as raison, mais je ne suis qu'un pauvre franco-ontarien qui a reçu toute son instruction dans les écoles franco-onatiennes. Je n'ai jamais habiter ailleur qu'en Ontario. Mon français est comme il est, avec toutes ses qualités et toutes ses défauts. Mais c'est quand même un plaisir pour moi de communiquer en français (malgré mes erreurs) parce que j'y crois (à ma langue).

Your from Ontario!! My dad comes from, would you believe, 'Moose Creek' a tiny village near the Quebec border.
Sounds like a town out of Annie Proulx' stories.

I was born here in Montreal. I live downtown and right now the weather here is fabulous, so much so that I'm leaving in a few minutes for a long week end in the country.

See you folks!

JJ

Offline ironbark

• Don't Say Much
  • g'day
« Reply #754 on: June 14, 2007, 07:44:37 pm »
Its been so long since ive been here that i hope im writing in the correct place. Ive been a member since last year , but have only just returned to here and the IMD board recently.  I was never going to go away for good, but needed the break, as the other board was getting totally out of hand.
I live in Australia, and feel very lucky for that. To be honest, i really am not one to talk about myself, so i have bugger all ideas of what to say, except for hello to all you good people here...lol.
To me Brokeback Mountain isnt a movie ; its in my heart, always will be.
"Lori darlin', i swear, You look as fresh as the morn'n"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #755 on: June 14, 2007, 07:57:38 pm »
Its been so long since ive been here that i hope im writing in the correct place. Ive been a member since last year , but have only just returned to here and the IMD board recently.  I was never going to go away for good, but needed the break, as the other board was getting totally out of hand.
I live in Australia, and feel very lucky for that. To be honest, i really am not one to talk about myself, so i have bugger all ideas of what to say, except for hello to all you good people here...lol.
To me Brokeback Mountain isnt a movie ; its in my heart, always will be.

Golly Gee! I think you're the only one!

not!  ;)

Welcome back. you'll have a cup a coffee? piece a cherry cake? Tell us what all you've been up to this past year.  :)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline madamebrad

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #756 on: June 15, 2007, 10:14:57 am »
What? And all this time I thought you was in England! Next, yer gonna tell me you ain't a real madame, neither!
I live in So Cali, too. I'm in the South Bay.

Toycoon, that's too funny! I'm in Santa Barbara. My husband is from Scotland and we met while I was working temporarily in London. Maybe I mentioned that on IMDB or in a PM and that's where you got that CRAZY idea from....LOL. ::)

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful welcomes.  It sure is great to "see" all of you and meet some new friends!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #757 on: June 15, 2007, 04:04:43 pm »
Calling all new folks!  Calling all old folks!  Calling everyone in between!  We will be having two chats to welcome the new folks.  The first is tomorrow, June 16th at 9am PT/noon ET/16:00 UTC.

We've been finding that Saturday daytime chats seem to draw people from the most diverse locations.  This will be an easy-going, get to know each other time, where you can learn the chat ins and outs, or help others, if you've already developed some chat techno-skills yourself.

See you tomorrow!  (Click on the blue "CHAT" button near the top of the screen, and it will guide you there.)

Clarissa

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #758 on: June 15, 2007, 04:31:33 pm »
Calling all new folks!  Calling all old folks!  Calling everyone in between!  We will be having two chats to welcome the new folks.  The first is tomorrow, June 16th at 9am PT/noon ET/16:00 UTC.

We've been finding that Saturday daytime chats seem to draw people from the most diverse locations.  This will be an easy-going, get to know each other time, where you can learn the chat ins and outs, or help others, if you've already developed some chat techno-skills yourself.

See you tomorrow!  (Click on the blue "CHAT" button near the top of the screen, and it will guide you there.)

Clarissa

Yup, I agree. For me, this is 6pm Saturday afternoon, a good time for chat.

Unfortunately (or not so unfortunately, because it's a good reason  :)), I won't be able to join and greet the new folks tomorrow. Tomorrow evening I'll meet with Louise in Heidelberg and will leave the house around 6pm.

So I just say Howdy! here and hope you'll have a good time in chat tomorrow and on BM in general. I'm sure before long it'll feel like home to you.

And welcome to everybody I haven't welcomed yet   :D.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #759 on: June 15, 2007, 04:42:17 pm »

Clarissa

I have a REALLY stupid question!

What does UTC mean? I've seen this before and I have no idea what it means!  ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.