Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858573 times)

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #810 on: July 05, 2007, 11:50:06 pm »
Thanks Snavel del Snuit

I live in East Orange, NJ and Sparta is about 30 minutes from me. I wish I had known while you were here in NJ. Maybe the next time you are 'passin through' we can meet and talk about being a Brokaholic! ;D

What brought you to the Garden state?

Merrily- I will see you too in the Bettermost forum. Clarissa (Ellemeno) invited us to chat last night, but I hadn't downloaded Java. I have it now. A chat would be great sometimes.

You are very welcome Ally :)

Debbie (Delmardeb)

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Ally-at-BetterMost

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Don't be afraid of what your mind conceives
« Reply #811 on: July 06, 2007, 05:11:55 am »
Ally, do you know about the live performance of BBM that happened in Holland recently?  The long thred for it starts here:  http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8306.0.html.

Woah, i didn't know until now!! :o Ah I missed it! But that's because I wasn't into BBM yet.  :'(

Bet it was a good play!  ;D

It's nice to see so many different people on here, and people who speak Dutch! :)
Shadows and Taaaallll Trees
Another Time Another Place
I Will Follow

mvansand76

« Reply #812 on: July 06, 2007, 05:33:14 am »
Thanks Snavel del Snuit

I live in East Orange, NJ and Sparta is about 30 minutes from me. I wish I had known while you were here in NJ. Maybe the next time you are 'passin through' we can meet and talk about being a Brokaholic! ;D

What brought you to the Garden state?

Yeah, that would have been great...  :D

My sister and I flew in from London and Amsterdam respectively to see Gordon Lightfoot in concert in Sparta! It was very pretty there, I never thought much about New Jersey before we went there, but I liked it!

Mel  :D

Offline Ally-at-BetterMost

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Don't be afraid of what your mind conceives
« Reply #813 on: July 06, 2007, 01:25:34 pm »
Ally - I'll be in the Netherlands in just over a week - I am doing the The International Four Day Marches at Nijmegen.. you anywhere near that?

Mel (SnaveldelSnuit) is going to come see me when I'm there!!  ;D

Hey Kelda. a friend of mine is doing the Four Day Marches too! I don't know if I'll be there yet, because I'm busy with my research... But if I'm going... I'll let you know, okay?  ;D
Shadows and Taaaallll Trees
Another Time Another Place
I Will Follow

mvansand76

« Reply #814 on: July 06, 2007, 02:28:51 pm »
Hi Mel and all of you, doesn't it seem like the world is getting even smaller with out ability to communicate all over the world!  There is a German girl here too = her name is Dagi and you can find her lots of times on the J&E Fanfic board.  She is multi-lingual so you might try communicating with her as well.

Love this Board.

Merrily

Yes, I already 'met' Dagi on the Jake Jake Jake thread and on Fanfic. Do you read fanfiction? I am 5 chapters away from finishing my first fanfic story. You and Dagi are both from imdb, right? I was on there together with David until April 2006, then we moved here because of the trolls. Been here ever since (so that's a year and three months!). I love this board too, even if I am not on it that much the past couple of weeks because I spend so much time writing! But I still take a peek here every morning and evening at least! And the Bettermost layout is so much better than imdb, isn't it?  ;)

Hey Kelda. a friend of mine is doing the Four Day Marches too! I don't know if I'll be there yet, because I'm busy with my research... But if I'm going... I'll let you know, okay?  ;D

Oh that would be so cool if you could come too!

:D

mvansand76

« Reply #815 on: July 06, 2007, 05:45:05 pm »
Hi Mel, yes the BM format is better - hard to decipher at first but I like it now.  I like that you can tell whose on line and even where they are.  And the profile, if people fill it out, tells you a little something - like where they live, etc.  Also the avatar makes it nice to see how people look and it feels more like you know someone when you can put a face to their writings.

I'm a "reader" of fanfic, but I finally posted my first story yesterday.  I've been around at IMDb first (yes both Dagi and I came over after the last troll attack) since early April and finally came here in June.  I feel like a true Brokie now that I've written a story.

Your story will be even longer than mine and I thought mine was long.  I have trouble condensing my writing.  I actually did trim some of it out.

I have peeked a few times over at IMDb, but it seems to be so negative and that's why I like this board - so much friendlier and upbeat.  Nobody comes here just to say that they don't like the film.  But that's a whole other story in itself.  Anyhow I'm glad to be here and glad to get to know you too.

Merrily

Did you post your story here? What is it called?

:)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #816 on: July 09, 2007, 12:42:09 pm »

Cool!!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #817 on: July 09, 2007, 03:50:54 pm »
Cool!!!!

It sounds like the Netherlands is gonna be rockin' and rollin' next week!  :D

PARTAY!!!!

I wish I could be there.  :)

Have fun Kelda, and everyone!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Dagi

« Reply #818 on: July 09, 2007, 06:43:21 pm »
There is a German girl here too = her name is Dagi and you can find her lots of times on the J&E Fanfic board.  She is multi-lingual

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: multi-lingual ? Hardly! But that´s what I call a compliment! thank you, Merr dearest.

Dagi

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #819 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:43 pm »
Well, you speak German, English and Spanish (and write same) so I would call that multi-lingual.  But, I suspect you know other languages as well like Italian and French, Hunh? 

Talk to you soon honey.

Merrily

How do people do it?  ???

I spoke Dutch as a kid, but I've forgotten nearly all of it. I took Spanish in junior high school and flunked it. I took French in high school... another big red F. And I really tried too, but I failed them both. I'm just not very good at learning languages. I'd love to, but I can't seem to do it. The language never sinks in.

But I greatly admire those people who can do it. Speaking even 2 languages fluently is remarkable imo.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.