Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858588 times)

Offline U/L Flyer

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm editing the new video. I'll go flying later!!
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #860 on: August 04, 2007, 01:58:55 pm »
Hi, I'm here! You may already know me, I am BBM-Cat's husband Mike.

At first, I thought of Brokeback Mountain as 'the gay cowboy movie' thanks to the media. After my wife sat me down and forced me to watch it with her, I learned to appreciate the movie. After going on the trip to Alberta, that's when I realized just how powerful the movie is. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the people who were there. I especially enjoyed hearing their stories, and how the movie impacted them. I am not very good at meeting new people, but everyone there made me feel comfortable - and I feel like I have about 30 new friends! I hope to continue these friendships through this forum and look forward to posting and PM's.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #861 on: August 04, 2007, 02:09:26 pm »

At first, I thought of Brokeback Mountain as 'the gay cowboy movie' thanks to the media. After my wife sat me down and forced me to watch it with her, I learned to appreciate the movie. After going on the trip to Alberta, that's when I realized just how powerful the movie is. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the people who were there. I especially enjoyed hearing their stories, and how the movie impacted them. I am not very good at meeting new people, but everyone there made me feel comfortable - and I feel like I have about 30 new friends! I hope to continue these friendships through this forum and look forward to posting and PM's.

Welcome to BetterMost Mike! I'm glad you decided to join our family. Please send me a pm if you have any questions or need help.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #862 on: August 04, 2007, 02:43:51 pm »

Welcome Mike! Well, I never managed to get to Alberta - it would have meant a good few plane journeys from Scotland! But I look forward to getting to know you!

Kelda
x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #863 on: August 04, 2007, 03:27:16 pm »

WELCOME MIKE!!! Hope you have a great time here and if you need any help, please let us know!  :)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #864 on: August 04, 2007, 08:06:14 pm »
Wow, that must be my good-lookin' husband! Glad you're on board and along for the ride!
Love,
Chris.
your sneaky BBM-Cat
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #865 on: August 04, 2007, 11:30:14 pm »
Welcome Mike.  Was great to meet you in Alberta!   :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #866 on: August 08, 2007, 12:10:36 am »
Mike, I'm glad you took the plunge and enlisted!  ;D

You and Chris were Pilgrims extraordinaire, and I loved meeting you.  Thanks for all the great pics and stories.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline pettifogger

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Just passin through
« Reply #867 on: August 09, 2007, 03:23:14 am »
I saw a remark about Bettermost on the Brokeback Mountain board on the Internet Movie Database and came over to check it out.  Seems to be a very nice place you have here.
You and I are travelers just passing through this earth

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #868 on: August 09, 2007, 03:29:51 am »
I saw a remark about Bettermost on the Brokeback Mountain board on the Internet Movie Database and came over to check it out.  Seems to be a very nice place you have here.

Nice to meet you Pettifoger!! If you have an questions please feel free to ask them here or PM me (using th IM button underneath my photo)

Coffee and Cherry cake for you?!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline pettifogger

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Just passin through
« Reply #869 on: August 09, 2007, 03:32:17 am »
Why Thank You Kelda.  Coffee's fine but I can't eat no cake just now.
You and I are travelers just passing through this earth