Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 866002 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #950 on: January 10, 2008, 02:45:21 pm »
Thank you for the welcome from everyone. Hmmmm. Now I'm just going to figure out timing.......between me and where you guys are that is. *points up* about the chat thing I mean. I always had trouble figuring out time zones.   :-\

Hey, Katness! If you go here, all the times for our next organized chat are laid out for you!! It's called the Smarten Up Saturday chat and it's on the 12th. See you there!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #951 on: January 11, 2008, 12:03:57 am »
Well, I'm 23. And I'm probably one of the few who identifies as lesbian here. To keep things short, thanks to BBM (Ennis in particular and Jack too) showing me what could or would happen if I didn't follow my heart. I'm basically fixing what I can in my own life and moving on from things I can't fix. And I've finally had the courage to be my true self after so long of being scared.

I would put more details, except most of it is in my blog. Which I think I put on my profile (not trying to advertise.....honest  ;D) And well, some people will know me here from IMDB. And like some I migrated here to avoid trolls and troglodytes on the BBM board on IMDB. I should have joined a long time ago, no clue why I didn't. Oh wait, yeah I do. I was studying.

And Happy new year!!.

Welcome, Katness!  You probably know me from over at IMDB.  I've always enjoyed reading your posts over there, and I want to welcome you here!  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #952 on: January 11, 2008, 12:14:08 am »
Welcome To BetterMost EnnisJack!! I hope you enjoy it here! If you have any questions or problems, please send me a pm. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #953 on: January 12, 2008, 03:23:19 pm »
welcome y'all!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #954 on: January 13, 2008, 05:20:08 am »
Hey, Katness! If you go here, all the times for our next organized chat are laid out for you!! It's called the Smarten Up Saturday chat and it's on the 12th. See you there!

THANK YOU. Knowing me I'll still be up then. So I'll drop in.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #955 on: January 13, 2008, 05:22:00 am »
Welcome, Katness!  You probably know me from over at IMDB.  I've always enjoyed reading your posts over there, and I want to welcome you here!  :)

Hello Littlewing, I do remember you from IMDB. And thank you.

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #956 on: January 13, 2008, 03:14:43 pm »
[Welcome Katness and EnnisJack]

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #957 on: January 13, 2008, 03:19:31 pm »
You two will love it here. :) Everyone is friendly and will make you feel right at home. So with that said- do you want a cup of coffee; a piece of cherry cake?

And Katness- sorry that I spelled your name wrong in another thread.

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline RedAzaelia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #958 on: January 26, 2008, 12:29:50 am »
Hi. I've been debating since yesterday whether or not to join this site. I happened to see a link to it in a post that quickly disappeared in the deluge on IMDB. Unfortunately, I can't tell you who it was who posted it. I have lurked around, and I have seen that the attitude toward IMDB may not exactly be the best here, but you all seem like a very nice bunch of people, so here I am.

You can call me Azaelia. I'm a 20 year old girl, and I'm from a middle-of-nowhere New England town. People seem to be in the trend of identifying their sexualities, so I'm straight. I'm a college sophomore, an acting major, and a big fan of movies (good ones, that is), like Brokeback Mountain. I hesitated at joining here because I never posted on the Brokeback Mountain IMDB board, or if I did, I only did so once or twice. I guess I was intimidated by what seemed to already be such a close-knit community, and also mostly people who were older than I.

I first saw Brokeback Mountian when I was 17, shortly after it hit theaters, with one of my closest girl friends. She had said she was going, and I decided to go along, just to see what it was all about. I wound up entranced by the movie. I'd never seen anything like it, and I think it's safe to say I never will again. I hadn't expected it to be so beautiful, both in terms of images and in terms of emotions it evoked. It was, in a word, heartshattering. I cry fairly frequently when watching movies, but no movie has made me cry the way this one did. It means so much to me, but I don't know how to put a lot of it into words. One thing's for sure, though. It has a special place in my heart, and I'm NEVER going to forget it.

I've only seen it twice--it's a tall order of a movie, one that comes with a mood that lingers for a good couple weeks at the very least. *sigh* I wanted to watch it again, but I think I'm going to have to wait a bit before I'll be able to make it through the movie, not to mention, my college roommate scurried off with our apartment's DVD a couple nights ago ( :'( ), and I believe she left it at her friend's apartment, as I haven't seen it around since.

Anyway, I feel like I'm just rambling, and I'm also not quite sure about talking about myself...so that's me. Here I am, and if anyone wants to know anything else, just ask. Cheers!

injest

« Reply #959 on: January 26, 2008, 12:39:04 am »
Hi Azaelia!!!

good to see you made the jump!! I am a bit older than you that is true...and we mostly have been hanging around fussing and teasing and fighting with each other for a while...but we always enjoy meeting new friends.

Don't be afraid to jump in anywhere. We are a generally nice group (watch out for David, that is all I am gonna say *ahem*  ;D ;) ) and there are a TON of movie buffs here too.

If you need anything holler at me (or any of the guys in red)....well ok...dont HOLLER...just pm and talk regularly  :laugh: :laugh:

Jess

injest