Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859006 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #990 on: February 20, 2008, 02:47:26 am »
Hi Fiona,
thank you for sharing your story here. We can relate to your reactions to BBM. We've all gone through a rough time after seeing the movie, some more, some less - but in the end, we're still here, two years later. This says something about our reactions.

Welcome to BetterMost. I'm glad you found us.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #991 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:27 pm »
Welcome Fiona!
:)

My, these are just such heartfelt and amazing posts you've been contributing here.  I hope that even the process of just writing some of this down is helpful to you as you sort through some of these issues and feelings.

I wonder, have you considered starting a blog over in the Our Daily Thoughts forum?  It might be right up your alley. 

Hope you're enjoying your time here at BetterMost so far.

Have done just that,Posted a blog)

Thanks for the suggestion, I have had some amazing replies.Each one helps just a little bit more.I think at the moment ,it is a case of baby steps.It truly was a good day when I decided to post,instead of just lurking in the background.

I enjoy BetterMost more each day.Seeing people who have begun healing,or are at least in the process,provides light at the end of the tunnel for me.

Posting also makes me examine myself (not always easy) and therefore opens doors,which have remained closed for too long. No one could ever say it is easy,but I have realised that if I do not confront things,nothing will ever change.

I also want to try and gain sufficient insight into myself,actions and motives,so that in future I will be able to impart  realistic,heartfelt (if somewhat world weary) advice to my children.

They may not listen,but at least I will know I have tried,and as a mother that is all I can do.If nothing else,then by helping them, and indeed others,some positive may result from the last 15 years of mess and regrets.
 :)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:41:51 pm by Meryl »

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #992 on: February 21, 2008, 12:04:32 am »
Hi Fiona,

Like everyone else, I welcome you to Better Most. Your story is moving and heart wrenching and I am glad that you feel comfortable enough to share your life with us. Don't worry about being judged here because we all have a story to tell and the folks at Better Most are not about that.

And yes, Brokeback Mountain is a movie that affected all of us and I too am grateful that I found this forum.

The people are friendly and understanding so you are definitely in the right place! Like Sheriff Roland said- you are home. ;) I have also seen the movie over 100 times. If that's not excessive or obsessive, I don't know what is. :)

These past few weeks have been overwhelming because I witnessed a community of people come together in a matter of days to pay tribute to Heath Ledger. It was awesome. It felt like we were family coming together for a wonderful cause!

Just know that you are not alone in your search for truth and peace in the situations that you and your son are encountering.

Debbie

p.s. Would you like a cup o coffee? A piece of cherry cake?

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline optom3

« Reply #993 on: February 21, 2008, 12:55:55 am »
Yes please to the coffee and cake,
how that made me smile.
I hope to find some peace in finally comming to terms with the 15 year affair as well .What a lot of soul searching I have ahead of me ,looks like I will need tht coffee and cake to keep my stamina up.
What a terribly messy thing this love business can be.What a relief to find a film where it doesn't all sickingly work out just so at the end.
True love in my case was infinitely more harrowing and I think more realistic.How can it be a rollercoaster of emotion(which it is) when everyone ends up happy ever after.
That is for fairy tales,or maybe I have just become cynical'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #994 on: February 21, 2008, 06:02:23 pm »
Susie - thankyou for telling your story. I'm glad you feel dafe here. I hope that in some way writing this all down had been cathartic  for you.

Welcome - I hope to talk with you much more.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

« Reply #995 on: February 21, 2008, 11:49:37 pm »

Hi susie,
I am fairly new here and I cannot tell you how.kind.sympathetic and helpful the people here are.Iy helped me enormously to write down things.Not something I have ever done before.It would nt be an under statement to say this site has become a bit of a lifeline.

I cannot say it enough,I have had nothing but positive reactions,Not to mention heartfelt private mails.You have come to a good place.
I hope you gain as much from it as I have
best wishes optom

Offline white_angel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #996 on: February 22, 2008, 05:56:07 am »
Helloo!

Am a  BBM fan and Heath Ledger is the reason.

I am very pleased to see Brokeback Mountain forums like this and I am grateful to be one of your member.

I am from The Island called Philippines.. and BBM is widely spoken throughout the island because of its unique message upon mankind introducing the feeling of LOVE not only to the opposite sex but for all the people who was caprured in their true sense of feeling in love.

Thanks for the beautiful people who created the forum in honor of the late actor Heath Ledger.. I would like to say.. Long Live Brokeback Mountain.

White_angel

injest

« Reply #997 on: February 22, 2008, 06:12:58 am »
well HI! sneaking in here at 4 in the morning! (well at least that is what time it is where I am!!)  :laugh: :laugh:

good to see you, welcome to Bettermost.

I am so happy to hear that BBM made such an impact in the Phillipines!

Offline white_angel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #998 on: February 22, 2008, 06:43:33 am »
well HI! sneaking in here at 4 in the morning! (well at least that is what time it is where I am!!)  :laugh: :laugh:

good to see you, welcome to Bettermost.

I am so happy to hear that BBM made such an impact in the Phillipines!

Yes. it made an impact here in the Philippines when it was shown.
And there are lots od Filipino actors who imitated the role of Heath  in the movie but they are not to compare.
When Heath pass away...my heart fell like I can;t pick it up anymore.

It is 6:40 PM  here in PI

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #999 on: February 22, 2008, 06:48:27 am »
Hi Susie.

I can identify with some parts of your story very much. Thanks for sharing it with us. Yes Bettermost is a safe place to be, your very welcome here. :) It,s hard to beleive it,s been just over 4 weeks now isn,t it? :'(