Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859090 times)

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1120 on: August 30, 2008, 01:49:21 am »
Hello all!

I'm called Viper (due to my car and truck, and their engines).

I met DavidInIndy on another board, where an invitation was made to join here.

I am from Oregon, from a huge family, married (hetero) to my hubby for almost 26 years (here in a few weeks).
I care deeply about this cause, as it has impacted our extended family in many ways, and I also teach HS here in America, and have had this issue come up over the many years I have taught.

I am typically a reader/lurker, but will find it interesting to read and share a word here and there.  This place is new to me, thus I will read quite a bit to get a feel, and since school is starting this very next week for me, I haven't much time to spend, as I'd like.

Thanks for the invite David!

Vipe.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1121 on: August 30, 2008, 01:55:42 am »
Hello all!

I am from Oregon, from a huge family, married (hetero) to my hubby for almost 26 years (here in a few weeks).
I care deeply about this cause, as it has impacted our extended family in many ways, and I also teach HS here in America, and have had this issue come up over the many years I have taught.

I am typically a reader/lurker, but will find it interesting to read and share a word here and there.  This place is new to me, thus I will read quite a bit to get a feel, and since school is starting this very next week for me, I haven't much time to spend, as I'd like.

Vipe.

Welcome Viper! I'm so glad you decided to join us!! I've enjoyed reading your posts over at the LPBW board for months. Your contributions here will be appreciated!

If you have any questions at all, please PM me and I'll be more than happy to walk you through it. And if I'm not online, PM any moderator (moderators appear in red down at the bottom of the homepage, just click on their name) and they will help you as well. Thanks so much for joining!! And SHAME ON JEREMY AND MATT!! lol

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1122 on: August 30, 2008, 09:47:52 am »
Nice to meet you Viper - and if David invited you, I'm looking forward to getting to know you much more!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1123 on: August 30, 2008, 10:37:50 am »
Have a seat by the fire, Viper!  For good reading about the movie, I recommend The Open Forum or either of its sub-forums.  To get to know us posters and what makes us tick, just about any forum will do nicely!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

injest

« Reply #1124 on: August 30, 2008, 07:38:06 pm »
I saw that name Viper and I thought we had a Goth join!!

Welcome to Bettermost...any friend of David is a friend of mine!!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1125 on: August 30, 2008, 09:10:14 pm »
Hello all!

Vipe.

Hey There,
I look forward to getting to know ya!
Any friend of Davids is A-Ok in my book!
Hope to see you around!
Welcome! make yourself at home, you are among friends here!
Rich
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1126 on: September 01, 2008, 12:05:22 am »
Thanks so much for the warm replies.

I appreciate them! 

I am learning the ways of the forum.  My GOODNESS, this is a BIG place! lol

Vipe

Offline libertine

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1127 on: September 04, 2008, 01:01:50 am »
Do all you have ICQ?It's a kind of tools of communication in China.If you have ,please add me`
My ID number is165313903

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1128 on: September 04, 2008, 07:47:32 am »
Welcome to jenword, viper, and libertine! We're looking forward to getting to know you!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #1129 on: September 08, 2008, 01:22:38 pm »
Hello Viper, Jen, and all you other newcomers!  Welcome!  Hello to Kelda, David, and all the folks I know and used to be in touch with much more!

The J in JC stands for Juan. I live in NYC and have been to some of the big Brokie gatherings.  This includes the Alberta trip last year, a real lifechanging event for me, like the movie was.  In fact, when I first saw the flick I was both blown away and scared s***less.  Blown away by how beautifully the incredible love story was translated onto the screen, a feat I wasn't sure could be done.  Scared because I didn't want my future to be like Ennis', due to a difficult relationship history. 

I'm a social worker and love playing volleyball, although I've been sidelined lately by a sprained ankle.  I haven't been able to participate as much in the last several months, but I want to reconnect to the degree that I am able to, so I though I'd reintroduce myself and say hey, and that I'm looking forward to getting to know people again.

Thanks,
Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....