Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858997 times)

gattaca

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2006, 08:20:18 am »
My name is David and I live on the south side of Indianapolis (Speedway Indiana).

Welcome David! My name is Gregg and I live in Tucson Arizona.

You'll like BetterMost. Real nice folks here.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2006, 09:17:02 am »
I should  also mention I am David-Indiana on IMDb, just in case anyone here is from Imdb. :-)

Hey David! I used to follow your troll-bashing activities with interest on IMDb. You'll have a much more pleasant and productive time here. I hope all the other intelligent posters will follow your example and defect over here. Leave the two year olds on IMDb to their hollow 'victory'  ::)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2006, 12:44:19 pm »
David-Indiana!!!

Glad you made it.  Check out the chat room late in the evening sometime...    And enjoy the troll-free atmosphere!!!

Good to see you.

--Kudz

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2006, 01:34:10 pm »
I am Dutch (and proud of  it) and also Lakota Sioux (and proud of it). I speak a little Dutch and French.

Wat zijn uw plannen voor vanavond? I'm just kidding!

Vanavond? Zweden vs Paraguay: voetbal natuurlijk (and I'm not kidding!).  :)

Hi David,
I've also read a lot of your posts over on imdb. Good to see you here.
Van harte welkom en hup Holland hup!!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2006, 02:30:23 pm »
JennyC, Isabelle, Roland, Celeste, Gregg, SaucyCobblers, Kudzudaddy and Belbbmfan...

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome! I am trying to wean myself off if IMDb and on to Bettermost. I have been lurking a little here, but not really posting. There are so many buttons and icons. I'm afraid I will click on something I wasn't suppose to and mess things up. Thank you Kudzudaddy for explaining a few things to me!

Isabelle: C'est un plaisir de faire votre connaissance! Vous etes tres aimable. Mais je parle francais un tout petit peu.

Belbbmfan: Aangenaam kennis te maken! Wat vindt u van Bettermost? Yeah, I'm cheering for Holland too. I hope they win it this year!!

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

vkm91941

« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2006, 04:25:38 am »
My name is David and I live on the south side of Indianapolis (Speedway Indiana). I am a professional photographer. I play the violin, cello and piano. I LOVE Shakespere. Currently I have a lover and his name is Cory. I have a Golden Retriever and his name is Cody. I am 43 years old. I  have travelled extensively, and I love  it.  I am Dutch (and proud of  it) and also Lakota Sioux (and proud of it). I speak a little Dutch and French.

Wat zijn uw plannen voor vanavond? I'm just kidding!

Life in Indiana can be difficult for a gay man, but I do have hopes for the future of  our little midwestern  state.

I am a refugee from IBDb (I can't take the trolls over there anymore).  Hopefully, things will be better on Bettermost.

I should  also mention I am David-Indiana on IMDb, just in case anyone here is from Imdb. :-)

David I am so pleased you came!  No troll worries here, Phil takes it very seriously and we mods kick em to the curb post haste.  So on the VERY RARE occassion you might view one, just send a PM to any on-line moderator ( the folks showing in red on "who's on line) and it will be delt with quickly and mercilessly.   If there are no mods on line at the time hit the report button on the bottom of the offending post and the system sends an e-mail to all of us .  We have a ZERO tolerance policy here and IPA's are banned and reported to the hosting site.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2006, 10:04:41 pm »
Hey Vicky! You and Kudzudaddy are two of the reasons I came to Bettermost.

Thanks for explaining to me what I should do  if I see a troll. I'm cetain nearly everyone has been attacked by them on other websites and it is nice to know they are nearly non existent here on Bettermost.

I will leave it up to all of you to deal with them.

And believe me, I will let you all know if I see one! Yuck! Trolls are very nasty little critters.

Offline OldeSoul

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2006, 08:43:59 pm »
Hello everyone!
I hope you don't mind lil' ol' me joining in.

My name is Stephanie and I'm a 21 year old living in Ohio. I'm a History major in college. Love to read like it's going out of style (which, now that I say that, I think it unfortunately might be).

I learned about this forum from IMDb, which I was floating around, mostly reading all the threads on symbolism and whatnot- which I also like to explore when not completely emotionally drained from the experience of watching BBM!

I saw this movie when it first arrived in my conservative home town; saw it alone as no one else would see it with me. And I pre ordered the movie from Amazon and haven't stopped viewing it since I received it. Although as I mentioned once on the IMDb forum, the dvd is like contraband in my house.

I am the Jack character in the film. I fell in love with an Ennis- who  couldn't love me completely because of the strict background we've grown up in and the fear that runs through it.
I wrote in my journal a few days after I first saw it- "This is a sorrow that digs a hole and settles deep, deep inside you until it manifests itself as a kind if 'soul-arthritis' that causes every bone to ache each time you move- reminding you that it's there and it's not going anywhere any time soon."

I'm glad to be among other people that appreciate this film and all it stands for.  :)
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road- in a world that may say that we're wrong?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2006, 10:10:47 pm »
Hello everyone!
I hope you don't mind lil' ol' me joining in.

My name is Stephanie and I'm a 21 year old living in Ohio. I'm a History major in college. Love to read like it's going out of style (which, now that I say that, I think it unfortunately might be).

Hi Stephanie! A fellow midwesterner! I live in Indiana. Welcome to Bettermost. I'm new here too, so we'll learn the ropes together!

The people are really nice here. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. :)

Offline OldeSoul

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2006, 11:05:12 pm »
Hi Stephanie! A fellow midwesterner! I live in Indiana. Welcome to Bettermost. I'm new here too, so we'll learn the ropes together!

The people are really nice here. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. :)

Thanks so much David! My dad's side of the family all hail from Indiana- mostly around Terre Haute. I've been to many a family reunion in Indiana  ;)
It's good to meet you and everyone else *tips cowboy hat*  :)
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road- in a world that may say that we're wrong?