Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859201 times)

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
Re: Wanted to Introduce Myself
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2006, 12:30:48 am »
Hello BBM stitchbuffyfan,
I am looking forward to many more BBM discussions too and I also really like Phillip's layout - it is grouse and easy to use,

Cheers,

Pete

Cheerio,
PJ

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
Re: Wanted to Introduce Myself
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2006, 12:33:52 am »
Hi Roboy,
Hope you are getting the hang of the site and welcome,

Peter
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2006, 12:42:06 am »
This move is a constant reminder to me of how to make the secular sacred - how to make every moment of life holy, not in the religious sense, but as in being set apart for a divine  purpose.  I don't usually discuss BBM in these terms, but the sorrow of Ennis is the sorrow of someone who has lost a great gift by not recognizing what was being offered when it was offered ~ the transformative gift of true love.  The kind of love that opens your eyes to your own invisible beauty and gives automatic meaning to your life.  The power of this kind of love can never be underestimated in its significance, and draws me back to Our Boys again and again.  If there is any intention with which I come here, it is to bring that love it into everything that happens here, as best I can.

Stupendous Celeste, and you’re not the only one who identifies with spirituality over religion, and understands that there is a simple but significant difference between the two.

I love your introduction, and I love that it got serious, I genuinely look forward to more on the topic! :D
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2006, 12:43:44 am »
Hiya Kea,
Your introduction did not sound silly at all.

In fact it was very moving.

I am glad that you have dropped into Bettermost and I wish you all the success in the world for whatever you choose to do,

Also good luck with your big move,

Pete
Cheerio,
PJ

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2006, 12:50:58 am »
Hello Opinionista,
Welcome to Bettermost.  Did the landscapes of Wyoming remind you at all of parts of Spain?

Best wishes and hope to speak more,

Peter
Cheerio,
PJ

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2006, 01:33:04 am »
Hi Starboardlight,
I have only been able to see Brokeback Mountain once - because after my angst following my first viewing I am too scared to see it again.  Perhaps though it may be a more cathartic experience for me too - if I see it once more.  Thank you for your posts - I think it is good that those affected my the movie can support eachother - grief shared can be very consoling.  I was separated from my parents too for a time as a teenager - and I found that as an adult I had to heal myself from feelings of loss...did you find that too?

Pete
Cheerio,
PJ

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2006, 01:45:22 am »
Hello Ray,
I am from Melbourne.  A big hello to YOU up in Brisvegas.  I really like your cartoons.

Look forward to having some Brokeback chats,

Pete
Cheerio,
PJ

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2006, 02:04:56 am »
Hiya Celeste,
It is good to connect with other people who 'understand' after watching Brokeback.  I was trying to explain to my boss why I had been so sad recently and couldn't work properly and he just laughed - he didn't get it.

I was thinking that you may find Paul's essay interesting on Brokeback, mythology and Greek tragedies (if you haven't read it already).
I thought it was unreal.

The link is:

http://manderley.moonfruit.com

Kind regards,

Peter
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2006, 02:52:12 am »
Hi there Aussie Chris and Aussie Peter.  And all the Aussie challenged. I'm very much loving reading about you all.  An eclectic bunch aren't we?  I'm very much looking forward to posting with you all.

Aussie Ray
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 03:07:47 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2006, 08:23:13 am »
Hi Everyone, I'm Clarissa.  I agree that Frappr would be a great idea.  But I can tell I shouldn't volunteer to organize it.  I could, however, find someone to organize it if no one reading this wants to.  Impish?  Lynne?  One of my fortes (I think) is finding the right person for the task, within a group.

I'm one of the refugees from IMDb.  I live in Seattle with husband and 3 year old daughter.  I am currently a fulltime mom, which has been my heart's desire for a long time.  i have a very blissful time in the smallest now, these days.  Not all the time, by any means.  But so many little joys with my girl, and the free, fairly unstressful time that I have.  In the past I have been an English and French teacher, a tobacco cessation counselor, and a birth doula.

I wish I was doing yoga, but I'm not.  I want to learn to play guitar just rudimentarily enough to accompany myself in the simplest manner while I sing (which I do a lot - sing), but I haven't been (guitar).  I want to take more photos of my daughter and other aspects of my life, but I don't.  That's kind of the negative part of me, not doing what my heart wants, sometimes.  And I'm not good with paper clutter.

I'm very people-oriented, and was somehow given moderator status of the Tremblay group here upon arrival (along with yaadpyar and vkm91941), a position I seem to fall into sometimes in groups - kind of the gatherer servant, or the "let's see what everyone needs and figure out how to get it for them - especially by delegating to others" servant.  I love having ideas for others to implement, LOL.

Just to finish up, I love BBM, of course.  I have seen it in the theater about 20 times, and got the DVD a little bit early and have watched some bits several times.  Not the ones you might think (I have watched those too), but rather the little campfire scenes up on the mountain and then later in their lives too.  One of my favorite moments is when they are working on the felled tree together, Ennis sawing and Jack axing.  (Although from experience I can say that it would be very jarring to be the sawer and have that sharp axe vibration come up through your arms.)  Working together like that on the same useful, important project looks so companionable and so what's the word, I don't know, but it's the thing I want with others, and why I'm here.